XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...

Discus and support XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have seen a number of posts of similar nature however what is unique here is the sync button itself works (to get to Bios) but not the blinking or... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/lukemn2, Oct 13, 2021 at 3:32 AM.

1. /u/lukemn2
    /u/lukemn2 Guest

XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...

I have seen a number of posts of similar nature however what is unique here is the sync button itself works (to get to Bios) but not the blinking or ability to sync any devices. I suspect a Bluetooth or bug. It makes no sense for it to be a hardware repair. I have had similar things happen with PCs over the years with Bluetooth issues and later it returning after an update. I have had this problem for about 5 days. The controller stopped working/syncing randomly when in sleep mode. I had no problem the first two weeks owning the console, this is week 3. I noticed it was no longer synced. The sync button doesn't blink (to re-sync) on the series x console. I tried the steps listed on the forums however this was unique as the sync button must work.

I have tried the following:

1. Hard reset, un-plugged all cables, held button down 15 seconds (the usual several times over). Take out batteries, place in new batteries in controller etc.
    2. Making sure Quick Start is off.
    3. Reset settings/wireless
    4. Attempted to boot into BIOS by holding down power and sync button.
    5. I used a USB C power cord and the controller works but isn't recognized when disconnected. ( I wish their were sync options on the menu)
    6. I have also tried taking the batteries out of controller, shut down fully, restart and the sync button nor the controller is recognized.
    7. 2X Factory restore of all settings/games etc.
    8. Synced controller to PC connected to Console to set up as new controller. Same problem continues as it wont sync without the cord and the sync button on the series X still doesn't blink.
    9. Tested Series X controller with my phone and it worked well just like my PC. I can stream to my PC monitor and use the controller wirelessly there. This rules out the controller being the issue. I also updated the controller firmware on PC and the Series X. This did not solve the issue.
    10. I have played around more with the USB C cord and it works great wired but disconnects instantly when disconnected. I attempted the sync button, plug in, plug out. It only will connect when on and plugged in by USB C.

I have no idea how this happened and what changed within a day in sleep mode.

Any help would be appreciated, I am truly stumped. It is not worth sending it in for a new console with it possibly taking several months to return ( I am well within return window). I can use USB C and it doesn't bother me much for now. If there are no more ideas I hope the next update somehow fixes this. I joined the insider ring program so hopefully I able able to download a preview update soon.

submitted by /u/lukemn2
    [link] [comments]

2. alexroboticyt Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Model 1698

Hi there!

Have you gone about re-syncing this controller?

On the Original XBONE: Press the button on the side of the console's disk tray and the controllers sync button as well and hold the controllers down until it is a steady white light.

On the S & X, at the bottom of the console the sync button will be there. Please repeat the steps and sync if not already.

Thanks!
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  4. B1ackKnight714 Win User

Console Unresponsive After Boot Up

I have the ssame issure. Console is unresponsive and i have two controllers synced up to it but nothing happens no matter what and it worked fine yesterday and this morning
  5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
Thema:

1. XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,... - Similar Threads - Series Controller syncing

2. Controller not syncing series X console

in XboX Insiders
    Controller not syncing series X console: In the delta ring. I go to turn on the console with the controller and the controller usually just blinks repeatedly but the console won't turn on. I then have to turn the console on directly. At...
  3. Xbox Series X Controllers Will Not Sync,

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controllers Will Not Sync,: Hello all, I hope this is the right sub....as the title says, I’m having some controller issues. And typically these are solved with a hard reset, and everything connects just fine again. However,...
  4. Controller Taking a Few Minutes to Sync After Restart - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Taking a Few Minutes to Sync After Restart - Series X: I restarted my Series X this morning, because when I clicked to install a game, it wouldn't. After my console restarted, my controller wouldn't sync, the X button just kept flashing. I pressed...
  5. Series 1 Elite Controller Lost Sync mid game!

in XboX Insiders
    Series 1 Elite Controller Lost Sync mid game!: So my elite series 1 controller has just lost sync with my series x mid game. I had to exit out of Fallout 76 by restarting my console, and now my console and controller are again, refusing to...
  6. Series X controller syncing problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller syncing problems: Whenever my series X controller runs out of battery, and I replace the batteries, the controller refuses to sync with the console, it just flashes continually. And this isn't really a controller...
  7. Xbox Series X - Guitar and Drum Controllers Not Syncing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Guitar and Drum Controllers Not Syncing: Moving from Rock Band 2 on PS3 to Rock Band 4 on Xbox Series X, and my guitar (#PSGTS2) and drums (#PSDMS2) won't sync to my Xbox Series X -- whether or not I'm using the RB2 dongles (#PGTSELEA2B...
  8. Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.

in XboX Insiders
    Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.: I've encountered an issue with my Xbox controller disconnecting occasionally from my Series X. The home button on the controller flashes as if unable to sync with the console. I tried to plug a...
  9. Xbox Series X Console and Controller Sync Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console and Controller Sync Problem: Normally, it will let me play just fine. But, this the second time this has happened. My controller just can't connect to the console, thus i cant play. After troubleshooting for hours, I can't...
  10. XBox Series X Controller Syncing/Connectivity Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Controller Syncing/Connectivity Issue: Not sure how to get help on this. Hopefully someone can help or point me in the correct direction. Every few days my both my controllers will not connect to my Series X when I turn it on. The...