XBox series X controller turning off when watching Amazon Prime.

Discus and support XBox series X controller turning off when watching Amazon Prime. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After some time (15m) my controller and consequently my audio turns off. Probably as a power saving measure, but it's the wrong behavior. Where is the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DeadStack, Jun 25, 2022.

1. /u/DeadStack
    /u/DeadStack Guest

After some time (15m) my controller and consequently my audio turns off. Probably as a power saving measure, but it's the wrong behavior. Where is the setting to disable this behavior? I didn't experience this issue on my old XBox One X.

submitted by /u/DeadStack
    [link] [comments]

/u/DeadStack, Jun 25, 2022
  2. Aid7145 Win User

XBOX controller automatically turns off

I have the same issue. It's okay when watching NETFLIX with a headset connected but Amazon Prime Video turns off the controller. It's very irritating.

Connecting a USB cable is unacceptable. The controller is supposed to be wireless. I'm not using a blooming charging cable because then the controller won't be wireless. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using rechargable batteries and the headset
    adaptor and Xbox One X
  3. Tropan Win User

Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

Also having this problem now, Amazon Prime is unwatchable now, every 15 minutes have to reconnect controller. Never had this issue before, can watch hours of stuff with never turning off, Always use headphones while watching and it always stayed on, until
    now.
  4. lawson1690 Win User

Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

I have the same problem now to.. The controller stays on while watching Netflix with a headset plugged in but now when using Prime Video the controller turns off every 15 mins unless you have the controller plugged in with cable ...hope they fix this soon...
  5. Dooooski Win User

NO MORE HBO GO ON XBOX ONE?

Prob. waiting for the Amazon Prime/HBO deal that recently went down. Apparently tomorrow, May 21, HBO series, movies, etc will be integrated into Amazon Prime.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Connecting headset

The headset should work on an Xbox One controller and Xbox Series S/X controllers.

Turn off the controller by holding the Xbox button on the controller until the controller turns off and unplug the headset.

On your console press and hold the Xbox console button until the console turns off, remove the power cord from the console, and wait 1 minute.

Plug the power cord into your console again, turn on the console with your controller, and when you see your console's dashboard connect the headset to the controller and see if that solves the problem.
Thema:

1. XBox series X controller turning off when watching Amazon Prime. - Similar Threads - series controller turning

2. Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use.: I’ve had my elite series 2 for some time now and it has been working fine, no issues, I predominantly use it connected to the provided wire when gaming but recently my series 2 is forever blinking...
  3. Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard: Hi all, I made a post a few days ago about this, but i uncovered more of a direct cause for my issue. Ever since I got a new Acer monitor (so i could play 1080p 120hz), I’ve been running into...
  4. How do I turn off Series X controller wired to PC?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I turn off Series X controller wired to PC?: I can't seem to figure out how to turn off my Series X controller when its wired to my PC via USB. Simply disconnecting the USB wire works, however, the moment the cable is disconnected my Series...
  5. My Xbox Series X won’t turn on if I use Controller to turn on the console

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X won’t turn on if I use Controller to turn on the console: Hi all, When I try and turn my xbox series x on with the controller the power button on console flashes on and off just like the controller, and then console turns off as well as the controller....
  6. Series X - Controller doesnt turn console on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Controller doesnt turn console on: So i've had my series X for 2 weeks and love it but one thing i noticed is sometimes when i turn the controller on it does not turn the console on. Now if i turn the console on from the power...
  7. Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...: Per title I walked away from my system. The controller lost connection. When I came back into connection range buttons do not work on controller. Except for power button still turns on the system....
  8. Xbox series s turns on but doesnt show up with a picture and controller wont connect after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s turns on but doesnt show up with a picture and controller wont connect after...: Had a power surge everything turned back on except my xbox wont show a picture, ive tried hard restarting it. Ive tried different tvs, new hdmi cords. And still nothing… any help please?...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller won’t turn on: I was using the controller and it just shut off. Plugging in the controller did not allow it to turn back on. I got the controller recently, not sure if this means the battery isn’t charging or if...
  10. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller: Hello everyone. Today I bought an Xbox series X|S controller to use for my PC and I have a problem disabling the vibration when it is on Bluetooth. I installed Xbox accessories app and when I...