Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a series X and the controller that comes with it. I also use Panasonic Eneloop Pro. Distance between me and the box is perhaps 8~10 ft When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ImranMunshi, Nov 7, 2021.

1. ImranMunshi
    ImranMunshi Guest

Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box

I have a series X and the controller that comes with it.

I also use Panasonic Eneloop Pro.

Distance between me and the box is perhaps 8~10 ft

When I turn on the controller, most of the times it just keeps blinking forever.

I have to remove and plug in the batteries again a few times before it connects after powering on.

Sometimes it connects without needing to removing the batteries but it takes a long time.

Also, many inputs get skipped or delayed. Pull down the left stick 5 times back to back and maybe I will see the response on the screen only 2 or 3 times. Imagine if that happens in games.

I have another controller, an Xbox One controller also using Eneloop and this controller works absolutely flawlessly. No skipping of inputs, no lag while connecting to the box (instantaneous).

:)

ImranMunshi, Nov 7, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

3. MateusFontana Win User

I understand you, and I know how frustrating it can be to lose matches online because of problems like this. What I would recommend you to do is try to initiate a repair order for your control, which can be done by following the instructions below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

*If it really is a hardware issue that's the only way it can be resolved, I want to thank you for coming to the Xbox community, and again I'm sorry you're having that kind of experience with a Microsoft product.
  4. ImranMunshi Win User

I understand sir, lately reports like this have been frequent, users started reporting this after the last firmware update was released for the controller, where a 1GB update for the console and another update for the controller was released on the same day, and yes when problems are reported it is related to Xbox series s/x control. Apparently, the Xbox one controls are working normally.

Some of the recommendations I could make for you would be as follows:

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

*If the problem persists performing these steps, it would be necessary to reset the console to factory defaults, choosing to keep the games and applications, but I believe your problem is a specific case with the control itself, which would require a repair in the control.
    I did that multiple times already, no improvement.

This issue has been since the day I bought XSX. Hence why I don't think it is a firmware issue, I think it is a hardware issue.

If it turns out that it is indeed a hardware issue then I hope MS will recall & replace the controllers or at least give some kind of equivalent relief to the users.

If Xbox really cares about gamers, this issue should be taken seriously.

All the performance, n number of games, graphics won't matter if the controller is kaput.

Please do not put Xbox gamers on the losing side (like I have lost multiple times due to this issue and had to stop playing online multiplayer games)
  5. ImranMunshi Win User

No that does not help at all.

I am engineer myself, I have already ruled out usual suspects like firmware updates and other things.

Xbox Series X controller was designed for XSX while X1 controller is older.

Then why th is XSX controller behaving this way.

You have no idea how many times controller stopped responding because it was idle for a minute or two and I lost the match.

I expected a better response.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

I understand sir, lately reports like this have been frequent, users started reporting this after the last firmware update was released for the controller, where a 1GB update for the console and another update for the controller was released on the same day, and yes when problems are reported it is related to Xbox series s/x control. Apparently, the Xbox one controls are working normally.

Some of the recommendations I could make for you would be as follows:

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

*If the problem persists performing these steps, it would be necessary to reset the console to factory defaults, choosing to keep the games and applications, but I believe your problem is a specific case with the control itself, which would require a repair in the control.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box - Similar Threads - Series controller unresponsive

2. Unresponsive Buttons in the New Series X|S controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive Buttons in the New Series X|S controllers.: Has anyone heard from MS when this issue will be addressed. I really want a elite controller but I dont want to drop $200 with this issue still out there. 7cc774af-fce6-4845-ae88-214243aee56d
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY): Hello, today I got my Elite 2 controller delivered to me and I immediately noticed that the face buttons (ABXY) do not always register when pressing them down, much like in this...
  4. XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...

in XboX Insiders
    XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...: I have seen a number of posts of similar nature however what is unique here is the sync button itself works (to get to Bios) but not the blinking or ability to sync any devices. I suspect a...
  5. Xbox Series X controller suddenly becomes unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller suddenly becomes unresponsive: Hey, I have a problem with both of my Xbox Series X controllers which just become totally unresponsive at some random point while playing. It happened to me both in AC Valhalla and Forza 4....
  6. Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console...: after some research it seems this can happen with certain games. I first noticed something strange a couple of days ago when I was using the Disney+ app, it made that awful mechanical noise like...
  7. Xbox Series X controller left bumper unresponsive

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller left bumper unresponsive: I just bought this controller and unless I press down a bit harder than normal, it won’t register a press. The right side is fine. submitted by /u/BootlegJunk [link] [comments]
  8. Controller unresponsive Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller unresponsive Xbox series x: My new xbox series x controller turns on and works for a while but after 10 mins idle it becomes unresponsive the lights are on and connected. The latest firmware is loaded on the controller. Also...
  9. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller RB Unresponsive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller RB Unresponsive: I'm just going to preface by saying I know I'm not the first person to experience this. I purchased my elite series 2 controller in January of 2020, and have taken great care of it as I do all my...
  10. Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2 - Unresponsive RB button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2 - Unresponsive RB button: I got an Series 2 Elite Controller for Christmas in 2019 and just a few months ago (around March) the RB button started to become progressively unresponsive until today where it barely works at...