Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I need some serious help! So I have been experiencing some extremely abnormal data usage readings on my xbox series X ever since I got it (late... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Defessa Phoenix, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue

Hello. I need some serious help!

So I have been experiencing some extremely abnormal data usage readings on my xbox series X ever since I got it (late December 2020). Prior to having the Xbox Series X, I had the Xbox One X and I would use on average anywhere from 400-800GB of data per month. According to the bandwidth usage tool in the settings, in the past two months, I have supposedly used 2.94TB in February and 3.22TB in March. That is absolutely ridiculous and HAS to be an error. I have my xbox on energy-saving mode, automatic updates are therefore off.... I'm at a loss as to how this is possible. The household I reside in has a data cap of 2TB. We received an over-usage fee of over $600 this past month. $600!

This is where it gets weird.

Ever since receiving that bill, I've been intently monitoring the data usage of my xbox. When I'm gaming, it would use anywhere from 25-600MB/hr, depending on the game I would play. If I was watching something like Twitch, YouTube or Hulu, it would be anywhere from 1.5-4GB/hr. A few days later, here we are -- April 5th, 2020. Data has been relatively normal up until now (except why in the world does it take so much data to browse the xbox store?) but from 5pm-6pm, it had a reading of 3.18TB! I was on before 5 but had to be somewhere at that time and didn't get home until almost 6. I'm 99.9% certain I had turned my xbox off before leaving.

How in the world is this possible and how do I get it to stop? Seriously, this needs to be addressed ASAP because there's no way my family and I can afford another bill like last month, which if it was caused by whatever is causing this -- which it likely is -- we shouldn't be held responsible for this...

:)

Defessa Phoenix, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
  3. TAXIARHIS BAKATSIS Win User

Xbox series S games

but i know that different version will be available for series S with a smaller data size. I m looking for these versions instead of series X versions.
  4. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

Series X name is destined to cause issues, both for sales and legally.

I don't think it'll be that big on an issue since it's not Xbox One Series X just Xbox Series X. I did wish it was called Xbox Infinite though.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Copying data

Hello KylorKnowles,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to keep your saved-data on your Xbox One but access it from an Xbox Series X. If the games you install are compatible with the Xbox Series X, you should be able to continue where you last left off in
    your games.

I hope this helps.
  6. IDecx Win User

Xbox One X Shuts down due to "Lack Of ventilation"

Read the Console im having issue with Xbox >ONE< x NOT the series X
Thema:

Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue

1. Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue - Similar Threads - Series Data Usage

2. XBox Series X - Multiplayer requiring data pack install - but it's ALREADY installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Series X - Multiplayer requiring data pack install - but it's ALREADY installed: I'm trying to launch multiplayer for the current season but it keeps telling me the data pack needs to be installed. I can see from the list that all data packs for multiplayer are already...
  3. Xbox Series X sync data for Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X sync data for Forza Horizon 4: Hi, bought a Series X and cant start Forza Horizon 4. The "Sync for Forza Horizon 4...." Is on 0% for hours. Didnt seem to do anything. And yes everything is freshly installed and updated. Is...
  4. Data swap from xbox one to series x

in XboX Insiders
    Data swap from xbox one to series x: Does anyone know how to swap saved progress from my xbox one to my new xbox series X submitted by /u/Junkattorney405 [link] [comments]
  5. Data transfer Xbox One S to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Data transfer Xbox One S to Xbox Series X: Hi all, Hoping someone can help. I followed the data transfer guides and it worked fine for the majority of games when trasferring from my old Xbox one S, over to my new Xbox series X....
  6. Cloud save data inaccessible on series x when playing backwards compatible 360 games.

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud save data inaccessible on series x when playing backwards compatible 360 games.: So I have reached out to support via Xbox chat and called Xbox support twice, but have not gained any headway or heard back. I decided to try posting here in hopes I could get help with an issue...
  7. Xbox series S Syncing data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series S Syncing data: Everytime i go on apex legends and sometimes other games it saids syncing data but it never does i always have to restart my xbox or my internet at home but sometimes it still doesn't work . This...
  8. Problem syncing save data on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem syncing save data on Series X: Last night I wanted to play a wrestling game. I haven't played them since I switched to Series X. Neither WWE 2K18 or 2K19 will sync on Series X. They either get to 40% and 34% respectively or...
  9. Trouble transferring data from Xbox 360 to Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble transferring data from Xbox 360 to Xbox series s: I've bought an Xbox series s and I'm trying to download my data from my 360 to my series s. I've put the saves on cloud storage but it's still not showing up on my Xbox series s. What am I doing...
  10. How to delete Save Data on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to delete Save Data on Xbox Series X/S: Hiya, im trying to delete local save data from Sonic Generations and Sunset Overdrive. Now, on Xbox One, I was told the process is as follows 1.On Home, pull the right trigger , and then press A...