Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

Discus and support Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/maciusr, Nov 26, 2020.

1. /u/maciusr
    /u/maciusr Guest

Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

TV: LG OLED77CX3

Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050

Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC. After TV or/and Xbox goes to standby problem starts.

When trying to turn on the TV - HDMI CEC/ARC functionality stops working (essentially TV doesn't turn on/off Amplifier, there is no control via TV remote and no sound via ARC). To resolve that I need to put the TV and amp to stand-by - pull out Xbox HDMI cable, start TV (which then without problems starts amplifier as well), and plug XBox back to TV. That works OK until I turn the system off for more than a couple of minutes.

I have two other devices connected directly to the TV (Playstation 5 and Apple TV 4K) and there is no similar issue with HDMI CEC / ARC with those.

submitted by /u/maciusr
    [link] [comments]

/u/maciusr, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

: Xbox One X won't turn on my TV anymore

Have you checked the TV itself?

I have an LG TV (different model) and sometimes HDMI-CEC is disabled on my Xbox One X's HDMI input after I change audio output (if I want to use my headphones for a while, for example). Its weird, I've never been able to get to the bottom of why
    it happens but, sure enough, go to my TV's general settings while on the HDMI input and SIMPLINK (LG's name for HDMI-CEC) is off. Turn it back on and I'm good to go.

- Jason
  3. seicam Win User

No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

Can you explain this a bit more? I have a slightly different setup and trying to get it to work.

I have the following:

- Comcast Settop box

- Xbox one

- Yamaha receiver

- LG TV

I have connected:

Settop to Xbox, through HDMI

Xbox to Yamaha, through HDMI

LG TV was already connected to Yamaha, and I have been switching everything thorough Yamaha already.

Everything works fine except one thing - audio for Live TV. I have audio for games, video, etc, everything that comes from Xbox directly. Live TV video works, but no audio. I have gone through the Live TV setup and Xbox correctly controls the settop box
    (channels up/down).

Previously the settop box was connected directly to Yamaha, through the same HDMI, and everything worked.

Any ideas?
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox One X setup with Soundbar

Just wondering what's the best way to setup my xbox, TV & Soundbar.

At the minute my xbox one x is connected to LG TV via hdmi and the TV and Yamaha Soundbar via hdmi (arc). Just wondering if it'd be better to connect the xbox to the Soundbar instead of TV (and leave the TV Soundbar connection via Arc as is).

It doesn't do ATMOS but does do surround and DTS.

Many thanks

Jason
    IMO this is already the best scenario possible.

The first thing you must know is that every device have an inevitable input lag, the game mode in modern TV help to reduce it by turning off some image enhancement.

If you connect the Xbox One to the Soundbar, you may risk to add input lag because you have another device that must elaborate and pass video to the tv that can elaborate the video too.

I'm using an Xbox One X directly connected to a Samsung Q9FN 55" and a 7.1 audio system connected to HDMI ARC, my audio/tv don't support Dolby Atmos, but all works fine.
  5. Rotzetool Win User

Sound issue with the Stereo headset adapter

Yes the controller + adapter is up to date. The problem seems to be connected to how the console handles the hdmi output. It seems when the connection is not present anymore the console disables the output.

If somebody could test this on their console it could be really helpful. Basically change the input on the TV or Receiver the xbox is connected to and check if the headset still plays the xbox audio.

Maybe the issue is connected to my HDMI receiver and how it handles hdmi-switching. I also tried to disable HDMI-CEC and ARC but the problem still exists.
  6. Orokana Yurei Win User

xbox one s and Sony z9f sound bar

Olov,

I am not sure what the actual fix is here, however there are some things you can look at to see if it is the cause.

First make sure that your TV and sound bar are connected via whichever port is labeled as the ARC (Audio Return Channel) input. In addition to this, ensure the HDMI cable supports ARC.

Second check to see if Apple TV and the Xbox are fighting over control of the inputs. You can disable the HDMI-CEC function on the TV and see if the issue resolves itself. Generally, if I recall correctly, this is a per port setting with the TV on ports
    that use the CEC function. Try turning CEC off on one or both HDMI ports on the TV and see if this fixes your issue. If your sound bar also has HDMI-CEC settings then that may be the culprit.

HDMI-CEC allows devices connected to your TV through HDMI ports to communicate back and forth with your TV. The devices can have some control
    over the TV, and the TV can have some control over the devices. This means you could control your Blu-ray player through your TV remote, for example. Or devices can automatically change your TV’s input when they need to do something.

Also if have not done so, I generally advise firmware updates of both the TV and soundbar. Often these updates will include compatibility fixes.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha) - Similar Threads - Series disables HDMI

2. Every single game based on Unreal Engine HARD CRASHES Xbox Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Every single game based on Unreal Engine HARD CRASHES Xbox Series X.: I have a weird problem here. My console cant chew games based on Unreal Engine. Every single one generates crashes. Basically I get 3 types of crashes: Game starts, and crashes on title screen...
  3. xbox series s issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s issues: hey guys for starters i love your consoles and what you guys are doing but my series s is having issues. ive been having so many lags and glitches that i havent been able to play my xbox for 2...
  4. Xbox series S raytracing not working or available

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S raytracing not working or available: Hello, I am posting this after over 2 months of my new Xbox series S not supporting raytracing. When I go into games like Minecraft and Fortnite, the game says my device does not support...
  5. Xbox series X login screen disable add account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X login screen disable add account: when the login screen comes up it shows my account or add an account and I think skip. is there a way you can disable add+ as my account is locked but friends will click on add+ account then add...
  6. Why they disable auto HDR from King of fighters XIII Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why they disable auto HDR from King of fighters XIII Xbox series X: I use to have Auto HDR function on KOF XIII a month ago or so, in the launch of the console. To my surprise today I reinstalled KOF XIII and the HDR is gone. Anyone know why?...
  7. Series X and One X - Insider builds disable HDR in games when switching TV's Game Mode...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X and One X - Insider builds disable HDR in games when switching TV's Game Mode...: First, already reported using Series X. To have HDR working again, it's necessary to quit and restart the game. I remember this was happening before on One X too, before unplugging it from my TV....
  8. Dolby Atmos disabled when using headset for XBOX Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos disabled when using headset for XBOX Series X: Dolby Atmos works great for my Series X until I plug in my XBOX Plantronics Headset into the controller. Then it becomes disabled and 7.1PCM becomes the option. Is there anything I can do to have...
  9. XBox Series X Controller Android 6 Compatibility. Disabling Dynamic Latency Input?

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Series X Controller Android 6 Compatibility. Disabling Dynamic Latency Input?: The new XBox Series X "Core" controllers seem to have an issue on Android 6, even though Android 6 is listed as a supported platform. The device pairs fine via bluetooth, and at first seems to...
  10. FOR CANADIANS: Xbox Series X (Out Of Stock as of October 30 of 2020) Visual Disability ODSP...

in XBoX Accessibility
    FOR CANADIANS: Xbox Series X (Out Of Stock as of October 30 of 2020) Visual Disability ODSP...: Hello Microsoft Community/Xbox, Truth & Full Disclosure: My name is Daniel, 29 years of age, legally blind/low vision, in Windsor Ontario Canada. I have a disabilities accessibility issue in...