Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

Discus and support Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by morswinn, Sep 15, 2022.

1. morswinn
    morswinn Guest

Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first console with disc drive.

You can hear some "sratching noises" and buzzing sound.

Here is the video when I install something. https://youtube.com/shorts/pwmVIOZBPOk?feature=share

:)

morswinn, Sep 15, 2022
  2. Bitsyth Win User

Xbox Backwards/Forwards compatibility

Yes. Game progress is saved the same way from the disc than from a digital game either on the cloud or on the hard disk drive.

*Keep in Xbox Series S doesn't support physical disc-based media. The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's only next-generation console with an optical disc-drive.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

Yes you can plug in the hard drive on the Xbox Series X, and the Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Xbox games will be able to be played straight away. If you have games on disc, just insert the disc, and the game should play as it does on the Xbox One.

Just remember you cannot play Xbox Series X games from the external hard drive, only from the internal and external SSD storage devices that are available for the Series X.
  4. Rude Dory Win User

Downloading onto hard drive

Hi gamer,

If it's downloading from the Xbox Live Games Store:

On your console, sign in to Xbox Live.

Go to Games, and then select Browse Games.

Select the game, add-on, or game demo that you want to download.

Select Confirm Download.

If it's installing from a disc:

Insert the game disc into the disc drive.

Go to Home.

Highlight the game you want to install with your controller.

Press X on your controller.

Select Install.

Note To play a game installed on your hard drive, the game disc must be in the disc drive. The console will play the installed game from your hard drive, after the console checks for a valid game disc in the disc drive
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Installed game still reads from the disc drive.

[quote user="UHx1xHuey"]No, I have the DRIVER SF game disc. And i have the game installed to my HDD, But it still reads the game from the disc drive instead of the HDD.[/quote]Are you sure the drive is spinning constantly while the game is running?

The disc should spin up for an initial read. The latest update to the copy protection system also allows the game to perform disc checks while the game is running, however the game disc should not be spinning at 12x constantly.

Compare the sound of the drive spinning when the game is installed to the HDD to the sound of the drive when the game is not installed to the HDD. There should be a difference.
  6. onyxishere Win User

GoW Judgement Disc Unreadeable

Try installing the game to your hard drive. With the disc in the tray on the home page of the dash, press X for Game Details then choose Install. You'll still need the disc in the tray but the game will be read from the hard drive instead of the disc drive.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? - Similar Threads - Series disc drive

2. When will the Xbox one series s come with a disc drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will the Xbox one series s come with a disc drive: When is Xbox one series s coming with a disc drive 67616994-d984-4fcc-9fe6-0d77df318579
  3. Does anyone know the part number or model for the Xbox Series X disc drive ?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know the part number or model for the Xbox Series X disc drive ?: Long story short, the disc drive on my Xbox Series X doesn’t work anymore and I am curious if anyone knows the model or part number for the disc drive. I 100% know it is the disc drive because...
  4. Series X disc drive question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive question: My first time posting here so apologies if this is the wrong forums. Few days ago i gave away 19 blueray dvds and before i made sure each individual disc worked as they are old. Now im mainly a pc...
  5. Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive: As of recently i noticed a very subtle quick scratch/grind noise from the disc drive and not sure if i should worry. The console still properly loads/installs/ejects discs properly ofcourse and...
  6. Xbox Series X disc drive does not read games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X disc drive does not read games: I have a problem with my Xbox Series X, I'm from México and I bought it in May of 2021, so it haven't been a year since, I bought it in some extent for the disc drive, but for some reason it...
  7. Xbox Series X - Disc Drive Grinding noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Disc Drive Grinding noise: hello! I've only owned my Xbox Series x for 4 months, 2 months ago when installing GTA 5 it started making a grinding noise in the disc drive. its honestly horrible and horrendous to listen to,...
  8. My Series X Disc Drive Isn't Working? HELP

in XBoX on Windows
    My Series X Disc Drive Isn't Working? HELP: Hello! My Xbox is only 1 year old and Christmas day I tired to load a brand new Tony Hawk which didn't work. I got a new one and that didn't work either! I tried black ops and a few other games...
  9. Is anyone else having as much trouble with the Series X disc drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone else having as much trouble with the Series X disc drive: I have never owned a piece of hardware so new, so expensive, that fails as often as this disc drive. I'm stuck with a spotless disc of Assassin's Creed Valhalla that will not launch the license...
  10. Xbox Series X disc drive loud when disc in drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disc drive loud when disc in drive?: I haven't played my Series X in probably about a week or so. I went to play tonight and I noticed an abnormally loud noise when I turned it on. At first I thought it may be a fan issue so I hard...