Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8

Discus and support Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi everyone! New Xbox Series X owner here. For some reason it can't seem to to detect HDR on the Hisense 55HG8 TV. According to the websites manual for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/justalonelyastronaut, May 19, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8

Hi everyone! New Xbox Series X owner here. For some reason it can't seem to to detect HDR on the Hisense 55HG8 TV. According to the websites manual for the tv, it is HDR compatible.

Link to manual; Hisense 55HG8 Manual

I am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox. Could it be because the TV does not support HDMI 2.1?

There does not seem to be any options in the TV's settings for HDR as well.

submitted by /u/justalonelyastronaut
    [link] [comments]

/u/justalonelyastronaut, May 19, 2021
  2. vman81 Win User

Xbox One S HDR

I have a Hisense 43H7C with the same issue. The Hisense 2016 4K televisions do "process" HDR10 metadata but the Xbox one s does not recognize the capability and I'm using a high speed HDR capable HDMI cable as well. I know the HDR works because I've tested
    it with HDR video on a USB stick and the tv's built in media player. There needs to be a way to force the Xbox S to output HDR regardless, or Hisense will need a firmware update to allow the Xbox to recognize it can process HDR....
  3. Elite Clone Win User

Xbox One S HDR

I'm having the same exact issue I have no problem displaying 4k but my HDTV does support hdr 10 but no matter what i do the hdr option is greyed out . This is rather frustrating as I would love to see what hdr looks like on my tv. I'm using the supplied
    HDMI cable that came with my xbox one s. My tv model is a Hisense h8 series model number 50h8c
  4. olderthanthehil Win User

youtube app video playback glitches/dropped frames

I've started having this issue on my Xbox one x , non Scorpio edition . Watching GN will do it and also Tech Yes City (but his is 30p @4k) . Watching the same videos on my S (the 30p ones play in 4k) , I will not get this issue . I'll watch to see what
    the VP9 is it to see if it's the same . YouTube updated it's app on my Hisense 4k HDR10 tv & either they removed the HDR support or Hisense did . I no longer have HDR on it , yet the signal shows VP9.2 (which should be HDR) . All my issues seemed to occur
    at the same time , which makes me think it's YouTube messing around .
  5. ArenSkunk Win User

Xbox One S HDR

I have a Sharp LC-50n6000u which is owned by Hisense. Materials that came with TV say it has HDR Processing but as others here have said, The Xbox One S does not recognize it.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8

1. Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8 - Similar Threads - Series Does HDR

2. Does red dead revolver run at 4K and 60 FPS on Xbox Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Does red dead revolver run at 4K and 60 FPS on Xbox Series X?: I want to get this game on my series X but I first want to know is this game running at 4K and 60 FPS? submitted by /u/CassiusOrdonez [link] [comments]
  3. My Xbox series x does install any game error code 0xd05e0103

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x does install any game error code 0xd05e0103: Now I can’t do anything any! I tried resetting it and didn’t work then I reinstalled everything Deleting all games in the same error message appears and now I cannot insta any new games the error...
  4. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...: Hi all, My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I just found...
  5. Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1...: I'm having trouble getting Dolby Vision working on the Xbox Series X with LG C1 OLED TV. The Xbox says that my TV supports Dolby Vision for gaming up to 4k 120Hz, but I do not get the options...
  6. xbox series s game yakuza 4 does not update achievements.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s game yakuza 4 does not update achievements.: Hello, my yakuza 4 has not updated achievements for 4 days, during which I have completed all the side missions and have cleared them, as well as completed some of the collection missions, but...
  7. Does Xbox series x/s support HDR gameplay recording?

in XboX Insiders
    Does Xbox series x/s support HDR gameplay recording?: Like PS5 does or nvidia shadowplay on PC I mean direct gameplay without using any external grabbers? submitted by /u/GamersGen [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox series X does not do HDR in games, but HDR works for 4k bluray and apps fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X does not do HDR in games, but HDR works for 4k bluray and apps fine: I have an Xbox series x connected to a LG 65CX When I play a 4k blu ray or app that supports HDR it works perfectly Then I try a game like Forza Horizon 4 or Gears 5 among all others I've tried...
  9. Is there a reason that the Xbox Series X does not support HDR with Full RGB enabled?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a reason that the Xbox Series X does not support HDR with Full RGB enabled?: When enabling Full RGB on my Series X it disables HDR. HDR only seems to work with the standard colour space. Is this something that can be fixed in a future update as I can't think of any reason...
  10. Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!

in XboX Insiders
    Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!: For the Xbox One X, 1440p@120hz HDR was not possible. It forced a 2160p@60hz HDR signal to the monitor. Unfortunately, this has not been fixed for Series X. Only 2160p@60hz HDR is possible....