Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks

Discus and support Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is known now that Xbox Series X does not support Dolby Vision for UHD Blu Ray. My question is: Will a software/firmware update be able to fix this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by es345, Nov 17, 2020.

1. es345
    es345 Guest

It is known now that Xbox Series X does not support Dolby Vision for UHD Blu Ray. My question is: Will a software/firmware update be able to fix this at a later date or does the built in drive not have the capability?

:)

es345, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

Of course the Blu-Ray disks I'm using are UHD and have Dolby Vision.

Dolby Vision is enabled on Xbox One X settings, TV HDMI ports are in Enhanced mode (4:4:4 4K/UHD HDR 60Hz), and the TV test (that can be found inside Xbox menu) returns all green ticks for my Xbox-to-TV connection.

As said, Dolby Vision works with all streaming apps... but not when playing Blu-Ray UHD Dolby Vision disks.
  3. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

I got a response from Customer Service: no support for Dolby Vision on Blu-ray app on Xbox One X at the moment (not even on Xbox Series X).

They said they are working on that, since a lot of people made complaints about this issue. I hope it's true, it's ridiculous to not support Dolby Vision nowadays on a device that has been promoted as a valid Blu-ray player.
  4. BUSA1963 Win User

Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
  5. Slder9150 Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me if support for 4K HDR Dolby Vision for the Blu Ray player is a recent firmware update? The reason I ask is that all the info and reviews I have read say that the Blu Ray player only supports 4K UHD and not 4K
    HDR Dolby Vision. Thanks again.
  6. Eric Palmer2000 Win User

Dolby Vision for UHD Movies

I also would like to know when Dolby Vision will be enabled on Xbox Blu-ray app. If not for xbox one I hope for xbox series X possibly?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks - Similar Threads - Series Dolby Vision

2. Dolby atmos problem on series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby atmos problem on series X: Hi, i got issues with my series x, the dolby atmos cut sometime almost every 2 min on games and comeback ( and othertime everything goes well). I got an yamaha av 3070 with a 5.1.4 klipsch. The...
  3. Dolby Atmos via eARC new XBOX Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby Atmos via eARC new XBOX Series X: I have a Q900R, 8K Samsung with 120hz refresh rate on HDMI 4. HDMI 3 is the ARC input / output. My receiver is a Marantz 7013 with 4k pass through but only rated at 60 hz. The system is dolby...
  4. Xbox Series X " Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos "

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X " Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos ": I would like to buy a Lg Oled. Because Microsoft now has a partnership with Lg. but there are already problems with Dolby Atmos! many gamers speak of Dolby Atmos Delay! and Cyberpunk 2077 should...
  5. Series X Dolby Vision Playback from Blu-ray Player Request

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Dolby Vision Playback from Blu-ray Player Request: How do we get Microsoft to add Dolby Vision deciding into the Series X Blu-ray player? Can't tell us they don't have the money for the licensing... We know how much you make, Microsoft......
  6. Xbox Series X Netflix Dolby Vision TV Mode is Always On

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Netflix Dolby Vision TV Mode is Always On: Using the netflix app triggers the TVs Dolby Vision mode on all content, not just Dolby Vision titles. If Dolby Vision mode is triggered when playing SDR, the TV is using the wrong color pallet...
  7. XBOX Series X Dolby Vision

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series X Dolby Vision: When the [mod removed] Will you have support for Dolby Vision blu-ray player also for games? 107f0f99-4b5a-446e-8217-eeb458bce4d7
  8. Does the Xbox Series X support Dolby Vision for Bluray playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series X support Dolby Vision for Bluray playback: There are reports via HDTVTest on youtube that the xbox series x does not support dolby vision for blu rays. Wanting to see if this is true or not. I wanted to use the new series X as my primary...
  9. XBOX ONE X/SERIES X, DOLBY VISION and BLU RAY DISCS

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X/SERIES X, DOLBY VISION and BLU RAY DISCS: I have read a recent post on whathifi stating that the new XBOX Series X will play Dolby Vision enabled Blu Ray discs. This isn't an option currently on XBOX ONE X. Does anyone know if there will...
  10. Dolby Vision, Vizio P Series: P55RED-F1 & P55-F1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision, Vizio P Series: P55RED-F1 & P55-F1: Hey Guys, I wanted to reference this discussion (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-x-dolby-vision-support-for-vizio-p-series/97fbc9b9-9a81-4c54-9a7b-55eaf1d12fc7) to...