Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk

Discus and support Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just tried a DVD in my XSX to test the drive, the film played perfectly but there was no audio Is this a know issue or have I missed a setting... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Annie-UK, Nov 24, 2020.

1. /u/Annie-UK
    /u/Annie-UK Guest

Just tried a DVD in my XSX to test the drive, the film played perfectly but there was no audio

Is this a know issue or have I missed a setting somewhere?

DVD = Life of Brian

submitted by /u/Annie-UK
    [link] [comments]

/u/Annie-UK, Nov 24, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

XBox Game Discs on Series S

Any external drive wouldnt work

One it needs to be the same speed as xbox x series

A dvd usb drive wont read bluray disks

And at the expense of a bluray reader plus the additional hardware you might as well buy an x series

Why would you buy something you dont need if you need to read disks

There is huge difference between x and s

And S ISNT DESIGNED FOR DISKS

And the software would refuse it

3 the s series downloads have lower file sizes since its less capable

And yes the servera detect this

So you dont need 4k files

You do realize you only have a 512gig ssd in the s series right? And thr cpu and gpu arent the same aa the x series because of the limited hardware in the s seriea the downloads are smaller

If you want disks buy the right product
  3. Bazajaytee Win User

No sound when playing DVD

Do you happen to route your HDMI through anything before it gets to your TV like a capture device?

Also, try playing your DVD and when you see picture switch your inputs on the TV to another device then back again while the DVD still plays.

Also try going to "Console Settings" "Display" and Enable the "Display Recovery"
  4. planet51mitch Win User

No sound when playing DVD

Hi, I actually fixed this shortly after writing this post :) pretty much followed all the suggestions re: display dicovery off or on, didn't seem to make a difference. set disply settings and audio settings manually. Used 1080i and 1080p neither made a
    difference....or apparently no difference.

The answer for me was to get to the point where I had picture but no sound, then switch from HDMI to another monitor input, then switch back and hey presto...sound.....this option was also among the suggestions on the forums....it would seem to be that when
    play games and CD's or streaming music the xbox interaction is different with the monitor and so effectively, you need to reset the HDMI relationship (trying to do this in a non techhie way :) ) and this seems to be done by switching monitor/tv inputs to
    another then back to hdmi.

thanks for replying and actually making this suggestion as well

Cheers
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one upgrade to Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X

Your only choice for the disks would be series x

Yes you can play xbox one and current bc titles on x series and ONLY DIGITAL on s series why in heavens name would you think otherwise no console works that way

Everything from your account would.be the same.as its still.an xbox
  6. bowski477 Win User

Xbox hardware improvements

If the next xbox uses blu ray disks there will be no more need for disk changing. When the original xbox 360 launched the battle between HD DVD and Blu Ray was still going on. When HD DVD lost, Xbox discontinued that disk drive.

-

As for the noise, if you install the disk to the hard drive there is no noise.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk - Similar Threads - Series DVD sound

2. My Xbox Series S are taking too much to stop making noises and completely turn off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S are taking too much to stop making noises and completely turn off.: My Xbox Series S are taking too much time to turn completely off. He takes 1 minute to stop making noises and completely turn off. Is this normal? And I use the economic mode....
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 won't connect via BT to PC anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 won't connect via BT to PC anymore: Just purchased an Elite S2 and right out of the box it paired right away with the PC, I then tethered it via USB so I could do the firmware update and afterwards it will not connect via BT...
  4. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller: Are there still problems with the elite 2 controller? 3eb78253-626b-4597-ab9d-4651e727d539
  5. Series x shutted off while using quick resume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x shutted off while using quick resume: Hello. I had my series x since launch, finished many games on it included cod and valhalla, never shutted off until today, what happened was that i started valhalla with quick resume, the pics...
  6. Cancelling request for new Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling request for new Xbox Series X controller: While my xbox series X controller wasn't connecting no matter what I did I submitted a request for a new controller because that's what it told me to do after it wouldn't connect even with a usb-c...
  7. Civilization 6 causing hard resets/crashes on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Civilization 6 causing hard resets/crashes on Series X.: Seeing if this is common or just bad luck. submitted by /u/theburner97 [link] [comments]
  8. Can't login to Xbox Live: Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Can't login to Xbox Live: Xbox Series X: I can't login to xbox live. My internet connection is good, restarted my xbox, did a power cycle, and did a complete reset and now it won't even go through the initial update when starting the...
  9. DVD playback issue on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    DVD playback issue on Xbox Series X: I have an issue with watching DVDs on my Xbox Series X. The intro videos (with the logos of the distribution company etc.) work fine, as does the menu, but after that, when trying to watch an...
  10. Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD: One of the first things I did after getting my console out of the box and setting it up was insert my disc copy of Forza Horizon 1. It detected the game, installed it, and I was able to play it...