Xbox Series X enhanced games install preference

Discus and support Xbox Series X enhanced games install preference in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got an Xbox Series X. I have an external drive with all my old Xbox One games. Is there a way to select in preferences to have only Xbox Series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by juliocabral, Dec 2, 2020.

1. juliocabral
    juliocabral Guest

I just got an Xbox Series X. I have an external drive with all my old Xbox One games. Is there a way to select in preferences to have only Xbox Series X enhanced games install to the internal drive and all legacy system games (Xbox One, Xbox 360, etc)
    to install to the external drive? If this feature doesn't exist then it needs to be suggested to Microsoft for a future update. Seems like it should be a standard feature.

:)

juliocabral, Dec 2, 2020
  2. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

This is an incorrect assumption. You can insert an xbox one disc and download updates that may improve visuals and frame rates on Xbox Series X/S but in order to play you still need the disc unless you own the digital version of it.

Xbox Series X will utilize the Xbox One X version of enhancements while Xbox series S will use the Xbox One S enhancements.

You will not get a free game by borrowing or renting a physical version of a game and installing it on Xbox Series X/S.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

I know that Series S can't use the XIX enhancements. I'm asking if the Series X
    will be using the XIX Enhancements. Thank you for taking the time to respond however.
    Yes, why wouldn't it be? Faster processor, graphics and more RAM (16 GB). I did already state in my previous reply that Series X will play X1X enhanced titles.

Digital Foundry (a popular YouTube tech channel) have shown a video of Gears 5 running on Series X.

Not only was Series X running the X1X Gears game, the developer has enhanced it again for Series X.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

Hi,

I doubt you'll get a direct answer from here, not from the Microsoft tech team anyway. But as I understand it, Series X will run all Xbox One games and all the games currently BC for Xbox One. This will include the Xbox One X enhanced titles.

The Series S will not be able to run enhanced titles. Instead it will run them as Xbox One base games, but, it will apply it's own enhancements instead.

Why can't Series S run Xbox One X enhanced games?

So, you would think that being that the series S is also a next gen system it should run Xbox One enhanced titles, but it can't. The reason is quite a simple one, RAM (Random Access Memory). The Xbox One X has 12 GB of RAM, which around 9 is usable for games.
    The Series S only has around 8 GB.

Pushing high resolution textures and indeed 4K resolutions (or near 4K) requires lots or RAM. But to keep costs low, Series S has less RAM.

The series S won't run Xbox One games exactly how the original Xbox One runs them. It will still run them better. Which means better frame rates and better resolutions, but it can't run Xbox One games that have enhancements for the Xbox One X. They will
    still work, but they won't be enhanced. I'm not sure about Xbox 360 enhanced titles.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X enhanced games install preference - Similar Threads - Series enhanced games

2. Series X enhanced games installing twice

in XboX Insiders
    Series X enhanced games installing twice: I have a couple of Series X enhanced games being stored on an external SSD until I decide that I want to play them. My Xbox Series X keeps flagging those games for updates, at which point the...
  3. Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only): I've experienced this problem since launch and have yet to see it on a list of known issues so I don't know if it's being worked on. Basically any Series X enhanced game can have wildly desynced...
  4. New Vegas being one of or the first 360 games to get a Series X enhancement would be delicious.

in XboX Insiders
    New Vegas being one of or the first 360 games to get a Series X enhancement would be delicious.: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheFabledHermit [link] [comments]
  5. Resuming a Series enhanced game causes sound issues from home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Resuming a Series enhanced game causes sound issues from home screen: This mostly seems to affect Series X enhanced games like Fortnite and Call of the Sea for example, if you drop to the dashboard, then go back into the game, it takes several seconds further audio...
  6. Xbox Series X Enhanced Games Update to Internal SSD Instead of Install Location

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Enhanced Games Update to Internal SSD Instead of Install Location: When receiving an update for an S|X Enhanced game, the system redownloads the entire game with the update to the internal drive instead of the location the game is installed. The game is installed...
  7. Where are the Xbox Series X enhancements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where are the Xbox Series X enhancements?: When I look at my Games Library and filter by Xbox Series X enhanced, I see no games. I have many games in my library that should have enhancements, and at least one (Halo: MCC) that supports...
  8. Where to Install games on Series X for Enhanced experience and How and Where Enhanced Smart...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to Install games on Series X for Enhanced experience and How and Where Enhanced Smart...: Where to Install games on Series X for Enhanced experience and How and Where Enhanced Smart Delivery update is applied ? External Ok ? Hi there A question on which we need an Official answer...
  9. Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?: Its all over the internet that Xbox Series S will not support Xbox One X Enhancements, but still no word if Xbox Series X will have Xbox One X enhancement patches. A few people have asked this...
  10. Xbox One X Enhanced on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Enhanced on Xbox Series X: Will the Xbox One X Enhanced feature be available on the Xbox Series X? 84cbb409-c11b-4a6c-9c70-4467c33cf5f5