Xbox series x - external hard drive patch needed !!

Discus and support Xbox series x - external hard drive patch needed !! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok tested and verified 7 different brands of external hard drives on Xbox series x - when power mode is set to standby - external hard drives will spin... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Foreveraudio, Jun 19, 2022 at 11:02 PM.

1. Xbox series x - external hard drive patch needed !!

Ok tested and verified 7 different brands of external hard drives on Xbox series x - when power mode is set to standby - external hard drives will spin on about every 2 min then about 15 seconds later turn off and this repeats endless - however if your series x is in energy saving mode the external hard drive will not power on - now me personally I would like to keep my standby mode without my hard drive taking a crap - please patch so I can enjoy faster boots and quick resumes ect - tested today seagate 8tb 2021 model external and wd p10 black 5 tb both marketed for Xbox and both same issues in standby mode

submitted by /u/Foreveraudio
    [link] [comments]

/u/Foreveraudio, Jun 19, 2022 at 11:02 PM
  2. vafelnicacfvob
    vafelnicacfvob New Member
    Can a xbox 360 arcade use a external hard drive?
    I am thinking of buying a use Xbox 360 arcade and just use a external hard drive like a seagate or something similar and i was wondering if this was possible because im getting allot of mixed replies

vafelnicacfvob, Jun 20, 2022 at 4:36 PM
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  5. Smwutches Win User

External storage

6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

Yes you can plug in the hard drive on the Xbox Series X, and the Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Xbox games will be able to be played straight away. If you have games on disc, just insert the disc, and the game should play as it does on the Xbox One.

Just remember you cannot play Xbox Series X games from the external hard drive, only from the internal and external SSD storage devices that are available for the Series X.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

No, just plug in the external hard drive, and your games that are stored on there will work straight away. There is no need to move them to the new console, only the Xbox Series X games have to be stored on the console or the external SSD storage that
    is available for it too.
Thema:

Xbox series x - external hard drive patch needed !!

1. Xbox series x - external hard drive patch needed !! - Similar Threads - series external hard

2. Xbox series s not detecting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not detecting external hard drive: So yesterday I just fixed a problem with my hard drive slowing down my xbox now it won't connect at all and I've replaced the cable and everything does anyone know how to fix this or is the hard...
  3. Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem?: So I'm just gonna be straight forward whenever I have my hard drive plugged in it seems to be connected but whenever I go to launch a game it doesn't launch or launches very slow until I unplug it...
  4. Xbox Series X not detecting external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X not detecting external hard drive: I have a Seagate external hard drive that I have been using with my Xbox Series X. I had no problems until yesterday, when the drive was no longer detected by the Xbox. I've tried all the...
  5. Series S won't allow me to select External Hard Drive for captures.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won't allow me to select External Hard Drive for captures.: It allowed me to send all my games to the external hard drive. How ever when I go into preferences, then capture & Share I try to change where the captures are saved. It won't allow me to send it...
  6. Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022): If so, I’ll get an Xbox Series X and trade in my Xbox One X at GameStop. 75f2deb4-14ac-4f81-9ea2-d1d25e38d2c5
  7. Series X external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X external hard drive: Hey so my seagate series x hard drive isn't showing up on my stage devices. I tried to play arkham knight (which was saved on the hard drive) and it said it wasn't installed (which it was) so I...
  8. Xbox Series X games installed to external SSD expansion card causing console to hard crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X games installed to external SSD expansion card causing console to hard crash: Odd issue: About every 30 minutes into a game installed on my external SSD expansion card, my console completely hard crashes. Totally turns off, power button light flickers. I have tried the...
  9. Xbox Series S and External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S and External Hard Drive: I have an external Hard drive from my Xbox one, that I plugged into my series s, and it showed the storage space but when I download games, it’s having me move games back and forth between...
  10. Series X wont read some external hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont read some external hard drives: So I have a 4tb segate full of movies. Last time I used it. It worked amazing. But now I go on and doesnt even register or list as connected. Ive plugged it into my laptop and works fine there....