Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing

Discus and support Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my series X has been occassionally flashing a black screen for roughly 1-2 seconds while the audio still plays. It appears to happen after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FamousKILLER22, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing

Recently, my series X has been occassionally flashing a black screen for roughly 1-2 seconds while the audio still plays. It appears to happen after playing an SDR game which goes to auto HDR. It will also sometimes occur when using or switching between
    video apps (youtube, amazon video). This will continue to happen every few seconds and sometimes stop. A temporary fix is hard resetting the console. I have checked multiple hdmi cables on other tvs and my one x and the cable or hdmi port on the tv is not
    the issue. This appears to be a common problem based on the amount of reddit threads ive seen. For reference, I have a 2018 TCL 6 series Roku 55in 4K tv and ive heard other TCLs and non TCLs have the issues. The flash will also carry over to the home screen.
    I’m inclined to think there is some sort of issue with communication between the tv and the series X when switching to certain apps that apply HDR or a different refresh rate. Changing most video settings (10 but color, ycc, etc) does not fix the issue. Someone
    said changing the display from 4k to 1080 in xbox settings will fix the issue, but then 4k content will not be seen. I hope xbox is aware of this issue and troubleshooting it because if a a simple software patch can fix this, that would avoid many returned
    units.

:)

FamousKILLER22, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Max Kelting
    Max Kelting New Member
    I have a Xbox series X connected to my tcl 5 I noticed whenever I play a game then if I want to do something else I would have to see a black screen for a while and then I would see a black screen for a while if I want to go back to my game

Max Kelting, May 15, 2021
  3. Misses Quinzel Win User

Xbox One intermittent flashing "snowy" screen.

Hey there, Pema! We are currently still investigating the black screen flashes. The snowy/static screen and HDCP errors were the ones resolved recently. Please keep an eye on that thread for updates on the black screen flashes! :)
  4. DarinLemaire Win User

Xbox Series X Screen Flashing

I am using the Asus 27 inch 4k 60 hz monitor. I am getting screen flash or flickering ( same thing ) . I seem to be getting after I use the crave app or the Netflix app. If I do a restart then play a game I do not get the flashing.
  5. El Diablo Krunk Win User

Thanks for replying. Yea after more investigating its definitely something going from video apps to games on 4k 60hz monitors, come across a fair few people on Reddit having the exact same issue. Hopefully it'll be patched out in a future update. Restarting
    did the trick as a temporary solution.
  6. kill666hills Win User

Can confirm same issue here but with a 4K 60Hz AOC display. Seems to start after using YouTube or Netflix, if I don't use those apps it's fine. Restart and the flashing will go away.

I'm assuming it's just a software glitch that needs patching.
  7. DarkSch666 Win User

black screen flash

I has no optical so direct Xbox -> TV using the HDMI high speed with Ethernet cable and setting stereo audio. I has noticed an improve. A black screen flash I think is signal of sync, if we have various or delayed it can be because sync problems.

The results, when connecting to:

- Xbox ->(stock cable) ->A/V receiver -> (HDMI high speed) -> TV: 1 black screen flash within 10 seconds of power on.

- Xbox -> (HDMI high speed cable) -> TV: 1 black screen flash within 1 minute.

- Xbox -> (stock cable) -> TV: multiple black screen flashes within 10 minutes.

The results are good at least for my TV (Philips), because within 1 minute I am loading the game/App yet, or maybe on dashboard.
Thema:

Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing

1. Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing - Similar Threads - Series flashing black

2. Series X shutting down while capturing gameplay to USB 3.0 flash drive. Card is formatted...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X shutting down while capturing gameplay to USB 3.0 flash drive. Card is formatted...: My system updated last night, now whenever I game capture to my USB 3.0 flash drive my series x turns of in the middle of recording. 3 files have been corrupted today. The UI becomes unresponsive...
  3. Series X and soundbar - screen flashes on Series X and One games, can’t see 360 backward...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X and soundbar - screen flashes on Series X and One games, can’t see 360 backward...: Hi. I have a new soundbar (460 W Sharp) and this has happened since I connected the Series X via hdmi to this soundbar and then to a LG 4k monitor (without eARC input) through another hmdi cable...
  4. XBOX SERIES X FORTNITE FLASHING LIGHT GLITCH

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX SERIES X FORTNITE FLASHING LIGHT GLITCH: I purchased an XBOX Series X from Microsoft a couple weeks ago and I downloaded a couple games which seemed to run fine. However, when I tried to play fortnite I get a super weird light flashing...
  5. White, Pinpoint Flashing Issue with XBox Series S

in XboX Insiders
    White, Pinpoint Flashing Issue with XBox Series S: Hi all, I've scoured the internet looking for info on this issue but haven't found anyone else who has encountered it. Yesterday I bought an XBox Series S, and when I play Borderlands 3 on the...
  6. Series X controller flashing and not pairing

in XboX Insiders
    Series X controller flashing and not pairing: Recently I've been having an issue with my wireless controller where I switch my rechargeable batteries and the controller just flashes like it's not paired with my Series X. I've tried pairing...
  7. Xbox series X shutting down mid game and Xbox power button flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X shutting down mid game and Xbox power button flashing: Last night while playing xbox, about 40 Min into a game my xbox screen looks as if I disconnected from a game and then my screen went black and my xbox began to flash. I tried to turn back on my...
  8. Xbox Series X: white flash flickering issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X: white flash flickering issue: Here is my video of my problem: https://youtu.be/kLL9NIssjNQ Hi. ‍♂️ I’m using the original 2.1 HDMI cable from the Xbox Series X with a BenQ rl2455hm Monitor (6-7 years old, 1080p & 60 Hz no...
  9. Xbox Series X Flashing Black Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Flashing Black Screen: I am using my Xbox Series X on a TCL tv with Roku that supports 4K HDR. When I play, the screen will flash black for a second and make an audible noise from the tv and then it goes back to...
  10. Series X - White Flash / Black Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - White Flash / Black Screen: Is anyone else having issues with their Series X randomly flashing a bright white flash on their tv screen then goes to a black screen for 3-5 seconds. This happened the first night I got the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series s blinkijg black screen

2. xbox series s screen flashing black screen

3. xbox series s flashing black screen

4. Series x HDMI flicker,
  5. xbox series x flashing black screen,
  6. xbox series x black screen flash