Xbox Series X (FPS issue can’t select 120fps)

Discus and support Xbox Series X (FPS issue can’t select 120fps) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello i just purchased the new xbox series x and i cant choose 120hz as an option. My monitor is a Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor. I did the hdmi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Austinpham, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Austinpham
    Austinpham Guest

Hello i just purchased the new xbox series x and i cant choose 120hz as an option. My monitor is a Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor. I did the hdmi override and everytime i select 120hz it says out of range. Help?

:)

Austinpham, Dec 24, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Are you sure it supports 120hz over hdmi?

Most older monitors only do it over display port
  3. Austinpham Win User

Ah if i had a display port to hdmi do you think itbwould work then?
  4. ItsLC Gaming Win User

Two questions 'Xbox One X Enhanced' game features on Xbox One S

X enhanced games are just for the one X not the S

As for 120hz though they can display it games are still max 60fps. The series x which is the next gen xbox will be able to do 120fps games
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

120Hz gaming opportunities at 1440p - which console?

Hi,

So far I've only seen one 120Hz (up to 120fps) based game in action and that was Dirt 5. Dirt 5 can get to 120 fps on Series S as well as Series X. However, the fact remains that the Series S has both a weaker GPU and less system memory. The likely outcome
    being more high refresh supported games on Series X than Series S.

You'll be able to use use 120Hz on Series S, but not all games will be able to take full advantage of it.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

will the one x be unlocked on games with fps caps when the new consoles arrive?

series s will struggle on demanding games to keep 60fps at 1080p. the series x will struggle to keep 60fps at 4k thats for sure. the series x will be ok at 120fps at 1080 and most likely 1440.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X (FPS issue can’t select 120fps) - Similar Threads - Series FPS issue

2. SONIC UNLEASHED TO GET XBOX SERIES X/S FPS BOOST

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SONIC UNLEASHED TO GET XBOX SERIES X/S FPS BOOST: The new info about FPS boosts in backward compatible games is amazing. However there is many games one game in particular where if it got a fps boost it would make it go from great to outstanding...
  3. NEW XBOX SERIES X/S FPS BOOST (NEW XBOX UPDATE)

in XboX Insiders
    NEW XBOX SERIES X/S FPS BOOST (NEW XBOX UPDATE): The new info about FPS boosts in backward compatible games is amazing. However there is many games one game in particular where if it got a fps boost it would make it go from great to outstanding...
  4. Xbox series x minecraft fps problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x minecraft fps problems: I have the xbox series x, and i play a lot of games on 120 FPS and everything is fine, but every time i play minecraft i get alot of fps drops and i feel like i'm getting 30-40 fps max. Can i know...
  5. Xbox Series X crashing randomly and FPS issues on Call of Duty: Cold War

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashing randomly and FPS issues on Call of Duty: Cold War: So I've had my series x since release and have encountered a few issues but the games crashing are the worst I've experienced. It only happens with series X optimized games. And it it 90% of the...
  6. I have a xbox series s and the fps option disapeard and all my games are stuck at 60 fps....

in XboX Insiders
    I have a xbox series s and the fps option disapeard and all my games are stuck at 60 fps....: [IMG] submitted by /u/tiptop6546 [link] [comments]
  7. 120 fps on XBOX ONE X?? (Not series X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    120 fps on XBOX ONE X?? (Not series X): Hi, I use an Xbox one X to play mainly COD:Warzone. I wanna buy a monitor which supports 120 hz since xbox one X seems to support 120 hz from the settings menu. Is there someone who can tell me...
  8. Can you use hdmi 1.4 and still get 120 fps on the xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use hdmi 1.4 and still get 120 fps on the xbox series x?: Can you use HDMI 1.4 and still get 120 fps on the Xbox series x? beab77d4-73b9-48d6-b396-f1cd3a6c6365
  9. Xbox Series S FPS issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S FPS issues: I have an Xbox Series S that I recently purchased. I also have a 144 Hz 1 ms response time LG gaming monitor. I have all of the settings right on the monitor and the Xbox to get 120 Hertz on my...
  10. xbox series x not recognizing 4K at 60 fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x not recognizing 4K at 60 fps: I'm having a issue where the xbox series x is stating that "your tv setup supports up to native 1080p at 120 fps" within the "general 4k tv details" setting. I have the vizio p65-f1 & the input...