XBOX Series X freezing while playing COD: Black Ops Cold War

Discus and support XBOX Series X freezing while playing COD: Black Ops Cold War in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I see a lot of people having the same issues as I am, but what I do not see is any fixes or solutions. I too cannot play Cold War for any longer than a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AUF3R0, Jan 12, 2021.

1. AUF3R0
    AUF3R0 Guest

I see a lot of people having the same issues as I am, but what I do not see is any fixes or solutions. I too cannot play Cold War for any longer than a match or two and then it freezes, and kicks me back to home screen. When it first began, it was completely
    turning my XBOX off. Now it stays on but I have to relaunch the game, only to have it freeze again shortly after. It's literally the only game I play so I now have a $500 brick on my desk.

Has anyone heard from or been contacted by Microsoft about a possible fix/solution? I've heard about people returning their XBOX for a replacement. Anyone gone through this process? It's brand new, can't fathom having to return it. Ridiculous.

:)

AUF3R0, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Pasquale C. Win User

COD Modern Warfare series x

Hi!

Maybe you have the Xbox One version of COD Cold War and you see that message because the Xbox One version cannot be upgraded to Xbox Series X. You can find more informations about COD Cold War editions here:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Editions FAQ

Regards
  3. JosephG7 Win User

Cold war freezing

Anyone's xbox series x freeze up playing cold war zombies? Mine only freezes us playing zombies campaign fine, MP fine but zombies up in the later rounds my xbox shuts off and I have to turn it back on. I have 120fps/hz on no ray tracing on. So
    is this an xbox problem or a Activision problem cause I'm very disappointed and getting ready to send my series x back.
    Hi

There are problems with this game, it is better to avoid playing it until its developer removes a park, be careful!

Treyarch Investigating Call of Duty: Black
    Ops Cold War Bricking Xbox Series X Consoles (gamerant.com)

Regards
  4. AllAlexi Win User

Call of Duty Black Ops Cross Gen Upgrade

5. Boombaa Win User

Crashing

Hi,

This could be due to the Cold War version you are using on your Series X, did you take a look at
    here?
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @AUF3R0, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The crashing or freezing of a certain game/apps is generally related to the network which is why I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort
    this out for you. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your
    console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed, here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-network-connection

In case the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the previous link weren't helpful, I have another link for you that could help you take care of the situation! Here is another and a more narrow link related specifically to game crash,
    and game freeze related issues:

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
Thema:

1. XBOX Series X freezing while playing COD: Black Ops Cold War - Similar Threads - Series freezing while

2. Crashes on Xbox Series X (Freeze and Loud noises)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crashes on Xbox Series X (Freeze and Loud noises): Hi, sorry for my bad English but i have my Xbox for 1 week and i have already experience 4 crashes and everytime it's the same thing. The first and second crash were on two games that I buyed on...
  3. Series x freezes then shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x freezes then shutdown: Had this happen twice now on sea of thieves after a while of gameplay, anyone else have this happen ? 81a8be99-04c4-4444-aa43-3a8e2d976e3c
  4. Series x freezes then shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x freezes then shutdown: I was playing sea of thieves last night for a few hours and the game froze with some audio stutter then the system turned off, no overheat warning or anything so I don’t think it’s that. Any ideas...
  5. Xbox Series X crashing and freezing in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashing and freezing in games: My Xbox series X console has been experiencing freezing and crashing randomly when playing games, example 2k21 even 2k20 and Next Gen 2k, F1, Fortnite etc…… can anyone explain this and does anyone...
  6. Xbox series X freezes when starting for the first time

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X freezes when starting for the first time: Im at the screen at the very beginning. I need to connect my controller, log into my account for the first time etc During this process my Xbox just freezes and nothing happens. I literally have...
  7. Xbox series S keeps freezing for 5 seconds and then crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S keeps freezing for 5 seconds and then crashing: I don't even have to have a game open for that. It will crash while I'm on the home page. If I open settings and then close it. If I just press the home button to scroll through. Freezes then...
  8. Xbox Series S freezing. Is my Seagate hard drive the reason.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S freezing. Is my Seagate hard drive the reason.: I had my Xbox One Seagate hard drive plugged into my Series S now it's been freezing and it's starting to get annoying I unplugged my hardrive and I'm going to get the hardrive specifically for...
  9. Xbox series S dashboard lag and freezing/ Also the console randomly turned off while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S dashboard lag and freezing/ Also the console randomly turned off while...: My Xbox series s console keeps lagging and freezing when going in and out ofbthe dashboard and back into games. It also shut down by its self while playing a game what's going to on with these...
  10. Xbox Series X - Lag/Freeze while taking a screenshot/screen capture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Lag/Freeze while taking a screenshot/screen capture: Hey, I'm wondering if this is an issue others are having as I cannot seem to find it mentioned anywhere. My XSX freezes for about a second or two during or right after 90% of all screenshots I...