Xbox Series X game freezes...

Discus and support Xbox Series X game freezes... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have a series x sense launch. Cold war was freezing and shuting down the system. AC V was doing the same. I think Destiny's 2 did it once. Couple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xlude, Nov 28, 2020.

1. xlude
    xlude Guest

So I have a series x sense launch. Cold war was freezing and shuting down the system. AC V was doing the same. I think Destiny's 2 did it once. Couple days ago I signed up for the omega option in the insider program and got the new update. Now anytime cold
    war or AC V would freeze, the console didn't shut down and I would be able to go to home screen and close the game to start over. So the shutdown seemed to get fixed but those 2 games r still having issues with freezing...

I know about having the correct version of cold war and the ray tracing issue.

Tonight playing AC V, I had 2 freezes in the span of about 1.5 hrs of play. First 1 I was able to go to the home screen and close the game. Second time though, the game seemed to have made a loud noise that wouldn't go away, but I was able to control the
    character. Then I decided to fast travel and thats where the game got stuck. The game seemed to have locked up the console or Xbox guide button on the controller cause the menu wouldn't pop up. I was able to control the character though. So I had to manually
    shut the system off.

My problem is trying to figure out...like others having issues with console freezing in game and shutting down...if it actually the games that are missed up or am I having a hardware or software issue with the system.

Should I wait for another update...or try to get a replacement system?

:)

xlude, Nov 28, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. Theisemil96nielsen Win User

Software bugs

My xbox series x is crashing when playing Anny game is started op it freezes after 2 minutes and shuts down can you tell when there will be a fix update for this best regards theis
  4. One Lil Orphan Win User

Xbox series x crash

Hi is it can you tell me when a crash bug fix for xbox series x i coming out my xbox series x keeps freezing the game and crashes playing for 2 min then it turns off best regards theis
    Atm its an ongoing issuse, i find it happening most with AC:Val and COD:CW. It happens also with Rouge Company and MK11Ultimate.
  5. JosephG7 Win User

Cold war freezing

Anyone's xbox series x freeze up playing cold war zombies? Mine only freezes us playing zombies campaign fine, MP fine but zombies up in the later rounds my xbox shuts off and I have to turn it back on. I have 120fps/hz on no ray tracing on. So
    is this an xbox problem or a Activision problem cause I'm very disappointed and getting ready to send my series x back.
    Hi

There are problems with this game, it is better to avoid playing it until its developer removes a park, be careful!

Treyarch Investigating Call of Duty: Black
    Ops Cold War Bricking Xbox Series X Consoles (gamerant.com)

Regards
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X game freezes... - Similar Threads - Series game freezes

2. Xbox Series X keeps crashing/turning off/freezing. Almost every xbox optimised game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X keeps crashing/turning off/freezing. Almost every xbox optimised game.: Hi guys. I ve requested service because my xbox kept turning off or freezing at title screen of the most xsx games. Gears 5 can't get past title screen, freezes constantly, or turns off console....
  3. Warzone lags/freezes up for 5-10 seconds. Is it my Xbox Series X hardware or the game?

in XboX Insiders
    Warzone lags/freezes up for 5-10 seconds. Is it my Xbox Series X hardware or the game?: Title says it all I guess. I'm wondering if anyone else has been impacted by this. I bought my Xbox Series X at launch and quite often - twice today, for example - my Warzone game lags really...
  4. Xbox series S keeps freezing/crashing whenever I try to exit a game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S keeps freezing/crashing whenever I try to exit a game: When I'm playing any game it runs smoothly, I'll play for hours and it'll be fine. Then as soon as I try to exit a game, I press the home button and it completely freezes after that. either it...
  5. Xbox Series X will freeze and shut off when trying to play certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will freeze and shut off when trying to play certain games: Not sure why, but when I try to play Jedi Fallen Order on the Series X, it just freezes and shuts off and the same thing occasionally will happen during cyberpunk. Other games I've played work...
  6. Xbox series S keeps crashing/freezing whenever I press the home button to exit a game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S keeps crashing/freezing whenever I press the home button to exit a game: While playing the game it's fine, but then when I want to exit I press the home button and it completely freezes. Sometimes it freezes and I have to force shut down and, others it completely...
  7. Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X): So, this has been happening at least 1-2 times a week since purchase. While playing PvZ: Battle for Neighborville the game will sometimes completely freeze. Xbox is still responsive, I can to...
  8. Outriders preview keeps freeze on series x. I couldn't even do 1 game to try it out

in XboX Insiders
    Outriders preview keeps freeze on series x. I couldn't even do 1 game to try it out: Any help? submitted by /u/NicolaTheBlood [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Series X Freezing on a certain game and affecting other games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Freezing on a certain game and affecting other games.: Hi guys. Figured I'd reach out here in the actual community to see if this has been a growing issue. I've got a handful of responses in the original reddit post I made on a certain game (NFS HEAT)...
  10. Xbox series X freezing and crashing at every games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X freezing and crashing at every games: Hi, My Xbox SX keep freezing and crashing when I start a game. Is it a software or hardware issue? Do I need to wait for an update or send it back. It's a bit frustrating paying 500€+14€/m for...