Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen

Discus and support Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey. Any help would be appreciated. Way too often i can't start playing any of my Xbox Series X/S game. It will load to the "start" menu of whatever... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McBeardio1, May 29, 2021.

1. McBeardio1
    McBeardio1 Guest

Hey. Any help would be appreciated.

Way too often i can't start playing any of my Xbox Series X/S game.

It will load to the "start" menu of whatever game but it will not allow me to proceed further.

I can use Xbox button to return to dash, nothing wrong with controller. Issue is not there with non Xbox Series X/S games.

The only way i can resolve it is by doing a full shutdown and restarting.

I am on the Alpha Skip Ahead programme.

Any help please.

Thanks Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen :)

:)

McBeardio1, May 29, 2021
  2. smokinfools4201 Win User

GTA V stuck on "Loading Story Mode: <username>"

I just started having this issue today been playing online for a couple weeks thought my game was messed up won't get past first menu screen or even pop up the x button to play online
  3. oMiikeWhitterz Win User

Halo: MCC [Digital Copy] freezing issue

*because it won't let me edit the message, pressing start to proceed, or even A, causes the game to freeze and force a launch exit
  4. Edmoo-8BD3E97C-9C7E- Win User

5 on demand

It seems to be working today, but the B button won't return you to the previous page, instead I've had to press X and go all the way back from the first page into a series to watch the next episode
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

External SSD on Xbox Series X?

The games on the SSD will run fine on it. You won't need to move them to the Xbox Series X storage to play them. Only the Xbox Series X games & games optimized for Series X will need to be played on the consoles own storage.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Red Dead Revolver on Xbox 360

Insert the disc you want to install, then on the Home screen instead of pressing A to play, press X to install. Original Xbox games cannot be installed and you do need the disc in the drive in order to play the games once you have them installed.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen - Similar Threads - Series Games won't

2. xBox 360 and OG xBox Games won't launch on my Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xBox 360 and OG xBox Games won't launch on my Series X: Hello everyone, it is really frustrating for me, but for some reason I can't launch any xBox 360 or OG xBox game on my Series X. I received a complete new Series X on Saturday including the...
  3. Games won't load on series s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games won't load on series s: Games with 3rd party purchases will not load on my series s. They do however, still work on my Xbox one. I have tried restarting my console, refreshing my games, updating but can't get it to work....
  4. Series S: Game clips won't delete, and new clips don't upload to the Xbox Network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Series S: Game clips won't delete, and new clips don't upload to the Xbox Network.: This could just be a problem with my Xbox Series S, but every time I capture a game clip, it saved to the Xbox console, but not on the Xbox Network, and when I try to download the clip to the...
  5. Games on xbox series x won't start infinite black screen.

in XboX Insiders
    Games on xbox series x won't start infinite black screen.: I'm in the beta ring and my series x won't start any game it'll boot will have an infinite black loading screen and then no games will load, and in the end I'll have a no signal message from my tv...
  6. Xbox game pass won't load and I'm missing boot animation on my xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass won't load and I'm missing boot animation on my xbox series x: I have done everything possible, power cycle, factory reset(remove everything and keep everything) still no change my boot animation won't show up my owned games take like 15-20 minutes to load...
  7. Pro Elite Series 2 controller won't let use game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pro Elite Series 2 controller won't let use game chat.: I can use my pro controller when in an Xbox Party, talk and hear fine. But when I try to use game chat I can't hear my team mates nor can they hear me. I see them talking and if I unplug my...
  8. Specific Games Won't Launch On Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Specific Games Won't Launch On Series X: I can't get 2 games to launch on my Series X. PUBG & Halo: MCC. They work on my Xbox One (OG Version) but not on Series X. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, reset with games/apps and complete...
  9. My Xbox Series X won't save my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X won't save my games: My xbox keeps saying "it's out of space for saved data" even though I have plenty of space. I already tried deleting a game to see if would work and the same message pops up for every game that i...
  10. Xbox Series X won't load any games.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won't load any games.: I just bought my Xbox Series X from GameStop and it arrived Monday, but every time I attempt to load any game, physical or digital, it either freezes, goes to the home screen, and in rare cases...