XBox Series X HDMI 2.1 cable

Discus and support XBox Series X HDMI 2.1 cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Simple question, is it a certified Ultra High Speed cable? I didn't see any verification stickers or labels any where.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scattered3, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Scattered3
    Scattered3 Guest

Simple question, is it a certified Ultra High Speed cable?

I didn't see any verification stickers or labels any where.

:)

Scattered3, Aug 18, 2021
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or
    there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables.
    No, The Xbox Series X has a HDMI 2.1 port therefore it will always ship with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]

"So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables."

Yes, you can connect a HDMI 2.1 cable to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, you'll just be limited to 4K at 60hz, which is no different to what it like to play on the Xbox One X right now,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 1.4 = 4K at 24hz to 30hz[/td][/tr][/table]

As long as you have HDMI 2.0 port on your TV you'll be fine to use the Xbox Series X, but if your wanting to experience 4K at 120hz, you'll need a TV or Gaming monitor that has HDMI 2.1 ports.
  4. AnthonyGutierrez3 Win User

Xbox series x

So the hdmi 2.0 and 2.1 have the same connection on a tv but the 2.1 cable delivers more like graphics and the full experience for the series x
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
  6. THX1138 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

Hello,

VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
Thema:

1. XBox Series X HDMI 2.1 cable - Similar Threads - Series HDMI cable

2. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC control Home and Apps

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC control Home and Apps: I’m on Alpha Skip-Ahead, I was checking the new home in 4K very nice by the way, but when I moved some things on my TV, I saw that the Xbox also reacted with the D-Pad of my TV control, and it...
  3. Xbox series S HDMI not reading correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S HDMI not reading correctly: Hi all, When using auto detect for display settings, the console couldnt find the correct resolution for the TV so set it at 640x480 as default. Through advanced settings I could force it to send...
  4. Regarding Dolby Vision and how Series X handles it's HDMI port (LG 9 Series)

in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Dolby Vision and how Series X handles it's HDMI port (LG 9 Series): Let's hope I can summarize what goes on in my head. The Series X only unlocks it's full 40Gb HDMI potential when the output is set to 120Hz. When set to 60Hz it seemingly only uses HDMI 2.0 specs...
  5. Xbox Series S HDMI-CEC won't change the input. can I set a delay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S HDMI-CEC won't change the input. can I set a delay?: I traded in a Nintendo Switch at Gamestop for the Series S I have now. The Switch would turn my ONN TV on and change the input when I turned it on. The Xbox just turns the TV on and doesn't change...
  6. Migliore cavo HDMI Xbox Series X quale?

in XboX Insiders
    Migliore cavo HDMI Xbox Series X quale?: Hello which hdmi cable do you recommend to best use the xbox x series? submitted by /u/dvxitaly [link] [comments]
  7. HDMI port Xbox Series X manufacture error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port Xbox Series X manufacture error?: I bought a used Xbox Series X and the port of the metal bracket is not straight, I have a picture and I circled what I mean in red. Are they cheaply made or am I being paranoid the seller said it...
  8. Xbox series x hdmi cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series x hdmi cable: So i heard the series x comes with a 2.1 hdmi cable in the packaging, but will it work on 2.0 tvs like if it had backwards compatibility or something? 5cad5121-53df-420f-9e21-a2296eecb4b8
  9. Xbox Series X HDMI Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI Cable: Hi everyone, I've got a situation where the hdmi 2.1 cable seems to be broken and I cannot get a picture on my TV, it has been working with no issues and randomly stopped working this evening....
  10. : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable: : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable and is your pc using display port as a connection, if thats the case your monitor might not want to output 120hz on the hdmi. 63299111-9d03-467b-aae4-c1f434d8ea66