: Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV

Discus and support : Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV I'm having the same issue with my Series X...it worked just fine on... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by ErikDigital, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ErikDigital
    ErikDigital Guest

: Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV

I'm having the same issue with my Series X...it worked just fine on the same TV using my Xbox One X.

:)

ErikDigital, Nov 12, 2020
  2. arc115 Win User

I'm having the same issue with my Series X...it worked just fine on the same TV using my Xbox One X.
  3. DarkSch666 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

Mine too in all cases but this one, X1 sends turn on command (black fast switch like when you switch source) and then it goes to TV that is the default source. If I turn on the TV using its own remote, it uses the last source. If I turn on the blu-ray player
    it switch to its HDMI input source.

It is the X1 the one not switching to its source and the only one that switchs to TV source if I set the "Turn on TV" HDMI in console options.
  4. Arminator Win User

Xbox restarts when I switch the HDMI input - How do I fix it?

[quote user="JooishDude"]

... I want to switch the input and watch TV. ... but when I switch the input back to the 360, then it has to restart.

[/quote]

Try if your TV has an option to turn off its
    CEC
    feature. Sometimes TV makers call the CEC function differently. Like Viera Link, Anynet+, or Bravia Sync or Bravia Link. This is probably the function that causes your Xbox to restart when you switch back.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox One S not turning TV on or off

Xbox does not support CEC, the xbox does not have the ability to change source on the tv, but if the tv is not turning on when the console comes on you may need to retrain the IR blaster function again.
  6. Koop10010 Win User

Hdmi

Nope, the Xbox One lacks HDMI-CEC, also called "control over HDMI". That enables devices to turn on the TV, switch it's inputs or use the TV controller to control them. For a supposedly all-in-one device, it's a pretty big oversight.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV - Similar Threads - Series HDMI CEC

2. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha): TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC....
  3. Xbox Series X Issues - HDMI-CEC and always on Ext Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Issues - HDMI-CEC and always on Ext Storage: Hi, new Xbox Series X owner. I had a Xbox 1X previously. Transferred settings and games over to new XSX over network. All settings were fine and worked on my 1X. Since transferring Some settings...
  4. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI: My Sony TV, has HDMI-CEC like every modern TV, and I have it ENABLED on my Xbox Series X, my TV, my AVR, and it WORKS PERFECTLY on my PS4, my Raspberry pi 2 and 3, but NOT on my Xbox Series X,...
  5. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working: As the title states, volume control via HDMI-CEC isn’t working through the Series X to my Vizio P55-F1. I’ve tried changing HDMI ports and cables, but regardless of changes the behavior stays the...
  6. XBox Series X: HDMI-CEC, Unable to turn on/off other connected devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X: HDMI-CEC, Unable to turn on/off other connected devices.: Hello. I have not been able to find any helpful tips on what is going on, so checking forums. Any advise would be helpful. In previous XBox gens we were able to have the option for the XBox to...
  7. Series S HDMI CEC - changing multiple increments at a time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S HDMI CEC - changing multiple increments at a time: I have HDMI CEC set up and working with my series S and my insignia 4k tv. But when I change the volume, it changes 4-5 increments instead of one. I noticed a setting for this when using voice...
  8. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...
  9. : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working: : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working Hey guys TV Model - Samsung Series 6 55", Anynet+ enabled Xbox Model - Xbox Series S, with HDMI-CEC options all enabled Digital Assistant -...
  10. Any word on whether HDMI-CEC will return for Xbox One? I know it’s coming with Series X|S...

in XboX Insiders
    Any word on whether HDMI-CEC will return for Xbox One? I know it’s coming with Series X|S...: It was tested for a bit on one of the builds maybe 12 months ago when think? Worked great for me. submitted by /u/DJCallyman [link] [comments]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x hdmi cec not turning on tv

2. xbox series x hdmi cec not working