Xbox series x hdmi port problems and console not turning on

Discus and support Xbox series x hdmi port problems and console not turning on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got my seires X yesterday plugged it in to a old 1080p tv to keep crashing and video output was sometimes really back so this morning i swapped to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasonDONOGHUE, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Xbox series x hdmi port problems and console not turning on

Got my seires X yesterday plugged it in to a old 1080p tv to keep crashing and video output was sometimes really back so this morning i swapped to my 4k tv and it would output at all, tryied my other 4k tv and it wotked fine in 1080 but when i flicked
    it to 4k there was no output, took it back to my 1080 tv and again nothing (no output) i have four tvs in the house and i get no output at all now have tryied to reset with no luck, wait for a call back so i can send it back and hopefully get one that works
    ☹️

:)

JasonDONOGHUE, Nov 12, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or
    there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables.
    No, The Xbox Series X has a HDMI 2.1 port therefore it will always ship with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]

"So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables."

Yes, you can connect a HDMI 2.1 cable to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, you'll just be limited to 4K at 60hz, which is no different to what it like to play on the Xbox One X right now,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 1.4 = 4K at 24hz to 30hz[/td][/tr][/table]

As long as you have HDMI 2.0 port on your TV you'll be fine to use the Xbox Series X, but if your wanting to experience 4K at 120hz, you'll need a TV or Gaming monitor that has HDMI 2.1 ports.
  4. Bokor Zombie Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Yes mate the Xbox Series X will have an optical out port, 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB-C port, Ethernet
  5. NaZoooom Win User

When are we getting the 21:9 update on Xbox One S/X

Heres hoping that the Series X has support for 21:9 3440x1440 @ 120hz which I believe could easily handle it.
    Series X will have HDMI 2.1 which has a bandwidth of 48 Gbps. By contrast, HDMI 2.0 is 16 Gbps. But you'll need an HDMI 2.1 TV/Monitor of course.

Yeah, HDMI 2.1 was a good choice but I don’t think there are any monitors with a HDMI 2.1 port yet, plenty of 8k TV’s now have the port but still a bit on the pricey side.

The Series X has the power and means to support the format, heres hoping it is a feature added to the console by MS and adopted by developers and publishers.
  6. david callari Win User

XBOX ONE X -Turning off

I fix the problem. The problem is the HDMI port.

If you want fix the problem you don’t turnig on the TV amd the XBOX ONE X at the same time.

I try to turn on the xbox, I wait for 1-2 minutes and then I turn on my TV, I choose HDMI port and I work very well. This is the case “Energy Saving”; the same is whit “ Quick Start”.
Thema:

Xbox series x hdmi port problems and console not turning on

1. Xbox series x hdmi port problems and console not turning on - Similar Threads - series hdmi port

2. XBOX SERIES X HDMI PORT ACTING WEIRD.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X HDMI PORT ACTING WEIRD.: [img] I NEED HELP! WHY IS MY XBOX SERIES X DOING THIS? I MADE SURE THE HDMI WAS PLUGGED IN ALL THE WAY! I USED A DIFFERENT HDMI 2.1 CABLE AND IT STILL DOES THIS. I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE CABLE THEN...
  3. Xbox Series X Issues - HDMI-CEC and always on Ext Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Issues - HDMI-CEC and always on Ext Storage: Hi, new Xbox Series X owner. I had a Xbox 1X previously. Transferred settings and games over to new XSX over network. All settings were fine and worked on my 1X. Since transferring Some settings...
  4. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI: My Sony TV, has HDMI-CEC like every modern TV, and I have it ENABLED on my Xbox Series X, my TV, my AVR, and it WORKS PERFECTLY on my PS4, my Raspberry pi 2 and 3, but NOT on my Xbox Series X,...
  5. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working: As the title states, volume control via HDMI-CEC isn’t working through the Series X to my Vizio P55-F1. I’ve tried changing HDMI ports and cables, but regardless of changes the behavior stays the...
  6. Can i run 1440P 144hz/120hz on Series X with HDMI 2.0?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i run 1440P 144hz/120hz on Series X with HDMI 2.0?: Hello. That monitor will be fine with Xbox Series X? https://www.gigabyte.com/pl/Monitor/AORUS-FI27Q-P#kf Monitor have 2 HDMI 2.0 outputs. Its 1440P. I will be able to use 144hz/120hz on 1440P?...
  7. Xbox Series X - no support for 120hz on HDMI 2.0 TVs under 4k? (ie 1080p/1440p)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - no support for 120hz on HDMI 2.0 TVs under 4k? (ie 1080p/1440p): Hi there, quite a few people seem to be asking about this on Twitter, so thought I'd ask here. I have a 2018 55" Q9FN which supports VRR and 120hz under HDMI 2.0. I can enable 120hz in the Series...
  8. Does the Series X support QHD (1440p) at 120hz with HDMI 2.0?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Series X support QHD (1440p) at 120hz with HDMI 2.0?: I want to buy Gigabyte G27QC for the xbox series x but I've seen so many forums of so many monitors not having the option to run 1440p 120hz, sometimes even when their manual says its supported...
  9. Xbox Series X , converting hdmi 2.1 to Display port 1.4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X , converting hdmi 2.1 to Display port 1.4: HI. Does the Xbox series X work on monitors that only support high refresh rates on Display port by converting HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4 or is there an alternative solution as the console does not have...
  10. Does xbox series x really not have optical port and hdmi out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does xbox series x really not have optical port and hdmi out?: If it really doesn't have optical port,So how i will use the astro a50 gaming with 7.1 surround sound? c987f2aa-9d0d-4220-9a9d-a5dc6f9301ad