XBOX Series X - HDR Calibration Tool Suggestion

Discus and support XBOX Series X - HDR Calibration Tool Suggestion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A suggestion for the XBOX team: Can the Color calibration bars from the TV Calibration tool be added to the HDR Calibration tool as well? My LG OLED... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mikenellen, Nov 21, 2020.

1. mikenellen
    mikenellen Guest

A suggestion for the XBOX team:

Can the Color calibration bars from the TV Calibration tool be added to the HDR Calibration tool as well? My LG OLED seems to be using a weird tonemapping for HDR Game mode and as such the image looks washed out. No easy way to calibrate the color level
    since the HDR tv mode is only active for the HDR Calibration tool which doesn't include the blue and white color bars.

Would be fantastic if this could be added in a future OS update!

Loving my Series X so far!

:)

mikenellen, Nov 21, 2020
  2. BreenX Win User

HDR Calibration Tool is messing with my Xbox One X

I did the nuclear option of Restore your Xbox to factory defaults with the Reset and remove everything option. For good measure I did a few things after the total reset. On my Xbox I turned OFF auto low latency mode. On my TV
    to turned ON Game Mode, both in 1080p and HDR, for the Xbox input. I then tested and I did not run into the problem. Then I went into the HDR Calibration Tool, made adjustments, tested, and still no problem presented itself. So moving forward, I’m leaving
    OFF low latency mode on my Xbox, and leaving on Game Mode on my TV for the Xbox input.
  3. BreenX Win User

HDR Calibration Tool is messing with my Xbox One X

I have Xbox Gamer Lloyd A. helping me. He suggested these "work arrounds"

Clear Persistent Storage via Blu-ray Menu

You can clear your persistent storage in the Blu-ray Menu under Xbox Settings–> Disc & Blu-ray –> Blu-ray –> Persistent storage

Clear Mac Address

Clearing your Mac Address could also be a solution to your problem as well. To do this head into Xbox Settings –> Network –> Network Settings –> Advanced Settings –> Alternate MAC Adress –> Clear

Those did not work. I left Lloyd a chat back just now, but I don't think he's in.

Here are the other possibilities:

OTHER SOLUTION 1: Delete your profile then add it back again

- Press Xbox button to open guide

- Select System

- Select Settings

- Select Account

- Select Remove Accounts

- Select the account you want to remove, then select Remove

Once you remove the account, download the profile again to create a new, fresh version using the steps below:

- Press Xbox button to open guide

- Choose your gamerpic on the top left corner of the screen

- Go down and select Add new

- Type the email address and password for your Microsoft account (the one you removed)

Note: Do NOT select Get a new account, unless you want a completely new account.

Once you follow the steps above, the console will lead you through the account set up process. Follow the prompts until you get back to the Home screen, then try playing the game again.

OTHER SOLUTION 2: Restore your Xbox to factory defaults

- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.

- Choose Settings > All Settings.

- Select System.

- Choose Console info & updates.

- Now select Reset console reset xbox one

You’ll see two options available: Reset and remove everything and Reset and keep my games and apps. We suggest that you use the latter in order to perform the reset and remove the corrupted files without removing your games or installed apps. If this option
    doesn’t work, you’ll have to use Reset and remove everything option. Keep in mind that this option will delete all your games, saved games, files and apps, therefore be sure to back up important files so you don’t have to download them again.

This seems like canned unreasonable things to try since none of these suggestions are dealing with the console level dimming issue that wasn't present until the introduction of the
    HDR Calibration Tool two updates ago. Those two "OTHER SOLUTIONS" seems risky where something else may get messed up as a result of trying those shenanigans.
  4. Dank DG Win User

Xbox Series X

yes they will.

even older games will be improved with HDR

from the original xbox to xbox series X
  5. NEVER_FEAR Win User

Series X.... what TV we going with?

I have my current Xbox One X connected to a 4k monitor, ALthough it does not have HDR so I might upgrade before the Series X comes out.
  6. D3adlyViper7 Win User

Will Microsoft continue to support Xbox original and 360 games on the series x?

Thema:

1. XBOX Series X - HDR Calibration Tool Suggestion - Similar Threads - Series HDR Calibration

2. : HDR in 1440p mode Xbox series S

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : HDR in 1440p mode Xbox series S: : HDR in 1440p mode Xbox series S How do you get hdr in 1440p resolution? I have paid for a last generation console that cannot activate hdr in 1440p? What is the solution?...
  3. Xbox Series X doesn't obey Full RGB setting when in HDR content

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X doesn't obey Full RGB setting when in HDR content: There is an issue with Xbox Series X not outputing full RGB in HDR10 mode despite outputting full RGB in SDR. When you launch any HDR10 content, Xbox will force switch itself to RGB limited. I am...
  4. Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x

in XboX Insiders
    Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x: Hi, I just got the series x and I was wondering how do I set my refresh rate to 60 in settings? I don’t even see the drop down menu when I have 4K selected. When I changed from recommended to HDMI...
  5. Auto HDR issues -> Xbox Series X double processing of HDR Titles

in XboX Insiders
    Auto HDR issues -> Xbox Series X double processing of HDR Titles: [IMG] submitted by /u/Germinator-Alpha [link] [comments]
  6. Series X and One X - Insider builds disable HDR in games when switching TV's Game Mode...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X and One X - Insider builds disable HDR in games when switching TV's Game Mode...: First, already reported using Series X. To have HDR working again, it's necessary to quit and restart the game. I remember this was happening before on One X too, before unplugging it from my TV....
  7. Xbox Series X: Washed out display when 4K HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: Washed out display when 4K HDR: I have connected a SX to a Samsung 55RU8000. So every now and then when a HDR game starts the display is washed out. Switching to the dashboard and back to the game solves this and the display...
  8. HDR captures on Series X appear dark

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR captures on Series X appear dark: Hi, Just thought I’d share, as I found a workaround for the dark captures issue when enabling HDR display on Series X. If you go through the HDR wizard and when you next take a game capture and...
  9. XBOX Series X - HDR only available at 4K? Unavailable at lower resolutions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X - HDR only available at 4K? Unavailable at lower resolutions?: My Samsung 4K TV is HDMI 2.0 and also supports a native resolution of 1440p at 120hz, so I can enjoy 120fps gaming on the XSX. However, to get this working you have to turn off "Allow 4K" in the...
  10. Skip and Alpha testers on Series X, is HDR Calibration app also returning black level to...

in XboX Insiders
    Skip and Alpha testers on Series X, is HDR Calibration app also returning black level to...: Just noticed this today and I'm running the public build right now. After restarting Xbox Series X, if I go to the HDR Calibration app, the black level isn't as I configured before. The app is...