Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz

Discus and support Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam, With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Simon_901, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Simon_901
    Simon_901 Guest

Dear Sir/Madam,

With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is only for a second and sometimes trigger the HDR notification on my TV. When I
    turn off HDR via the console this problem doesn’t occour. The console is connected to a PhilippsTV from the 5000Series which is 4K/60Hz/HDR enabled. This problem doesn’t occur with other hardware connected to the TV. Latest firmware is on both the TV and console
    installed. To me it looks like a handshake issue or intermittent connection between the console and TV while running at 4K/60HZ with HDR enabled.

During my research on the internet I noticed that other users encounter similar problems at 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. Is Microsoft going to address this problem with the next firmware update and do you have a workaround for me in the meantime so that I
    can use 4k/60Hz with HDR enabled?

Thank you in advance for your support.

:)

Simon_901, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Edgecrusher93 Win User

Sony Receiver STR-HD790

When i connect the Xbox directly to my projector 4k HDR 60hz game play is supported and works. When I pass through the Sony receiver 4k HDR 60hz gameplay is not supported. The Xbox says going through a receiver may limit support. But, the PS4 and my gaming
    PC support 4k HDR 60hz gameplay passing through the projector. Just seems strange that the Xbox doesnt support this receiver. Makes we worried about future Series X compatibility as well...
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  4. Sanana94 Win User

? Xbox support 4K?

Some TVs may ask to first enable 4K / HDR on specific outputs, please look into your TV Settings.

The Xbox one X/S cable is 4K ready and works with 60Hz
  5. Deathjay DE Win User

1440 @120hz or 4K HDR @60hz

Hi Toddzilla,

There is currently no game on the XBOX One X that supports 120hz / 120fps.

You will have the best experience by running your console at 4k HDR @ 60hz
  6. Internet Expert Win User

XBOX ONE X HDR look dark and blurry with "TCL 55P605" TV ?

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz - Similar Threads - Series HDR flicker

2. Auto HDR issue on Xbox series s?

in XboX Insiders
    Auto HDR issue on Xbox series s?: I have an issue where on games when I have auto hdr on, the games will get really dark over time and I have to go to the home menu and then go back to the game to fix it. I ended up just turning...
  3. Dell S3221QS Monitor, HDR compatibility with Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dell S3221QS Monitor, HDR compatibility with Xbox Series X?: I've bought Dell S3221QS Monitor for Xbox Series X gaming because I found quite a few recommendations researching the Web. I was aware that HDR capabilities of this monitor are limited but I...
  4. Screen color washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

in XboX Insiders
    Screen color washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue): So I have been playing Halo on my Xbox series x recently and sporadically when I start my console HDR seems to pitch a fit. Turning HDR off and on doesn't fix the issue. Quick resume doesn't seem...
  5. Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug: Hello everyone, here is my problem : I am the proud owner of an Xbox Series X. I have an old Sony Kdl 32HX755 television that does 1080p with no hdr, no dolby vision, and etc. I bought the...
  6. losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through...: Is there any fix to this? I've seen users report static/hdmi handshake issues when using the streaming apps on series X. I'm definitely experiencing this, I have a new 2021 denon receiver, and a...
  7. Dolby Vision on Series X|S is currently messing up (washing out) regular HDR games and contents

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision on Series X|S is currently messing up (washing out) regular HDR games and contents: As a follow up to Halo Infinite bad/broken native Dolby Vision implementation (which also needs to be fixed ASAP) I want to report that currently disabling "Dolby Vision for Games" flag from Xbox...
  8. Problems Xbox Series with HDR on HDMI 2.0 120hz TV

in XboX Insiders
    Problems Xbox Series with HDR on HDMI 2.0 120hz TV: I have 4k 120hz tv with hdmi 2.0. I also have the Xbox Series X. My problem is when i played 4k games at 60fps with HDR works flawlessly but when i play 120fps games my tv chang resolution to...
  9. Xbox Series X HDR issue with Phillips PUS7181

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDR issue with Phillips PUS7181: Hello. Since two builds in the Alpha Skip Ahead i noticed some HDR issue with my TV and Halo MCC and Halo Infinite. i looks like the TV is on full brightness. the game is extreme bright and even...
  10. HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X: I have an HDR TV (TCL 49S403) and have HDR10 enabled on my Xbox, and it works, but all colors in games look washed out to a degree. I used the HDR Game Calibration app but same results....