: Xbox series x hidden wifi connection

Discus and support : Xbox series x hidden wifi connection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox series x hidden wifi connection You set yours up as you see fit and I will do the same. Question is directed at Microsft team member.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Hairybigdawg, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Hairybigdawg
    Hairybigdawg Guest

You set yours up as you see fit and I will do the same. Question is directed at Microsft team member.

:)

Hairybigdawg, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Hairybigdawg Win User

You set yours up as you see fit and I will do the same. Question is directed at Microsft team member.
  3. taidara Win User

Xbox series x hidden wifi connection

Is there going to be an update to allow me to connect to my wifi that I like to keep hidden. I am able to connect to my wifi only when I broadcast my ssid. I have the Xbox series x BTW. It is the only device in my house that I cannot manually tell
    it the ssid and password. My old Xbox one and one s allow me to connect manually. Currently this cannot be done on the Xbox series x as far as I can tell.
    You do know that hidden SSIDs has no security means whatsover. It only sends a NULL bit for the cleartext name in every beacon. So, beacons will still be sent out and anyone with a simple spectrum analyzer will be able to see the BSSID of your AP.
  4. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  5. 13150d90-b82f-4ad5-a Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

>you are only making it harder for yourself to connect with your WiFi network

Connecting an Xbox One to a hidden SSID as been the only complication of having a hidden SSID so far. Everything else has connected just as fine as a normal SSID.
  6. ВикторПира Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

Any luck in testing this? I have just the same situation when console successfully connected to 2.5 GHz wifi (either SSID broadcasted or not) and to 5GHz Wifi only when SSID broadcasted. Bit unavle to connect to hidden 5 GHz wifi.
Thema:

1. : Xbox series x hidden wifi connection - Similar Threads - series hidden wifi

2. Xbox series X controller drift after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X controller drift after loading: EN : Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One Series X controller, from the beginning. In each game, after loading, the joystick keeps the direction it was facing before loading. For example, I...
  3. Series X sound delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X sound delay: My Xbox Series X is plugged into my TCL TV and then out to my Sony soundbar. Blu-ray, DVD and steaming all sound good. However, when I play games there's a pretty bad delay in the sound output. My...
  4. Xbox series x sold out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x sold out: Hi I want to ask you something. I want to buy xbox one series x the latest xbox in Berlin. But i can't find anywhere. Where can i buy this product ? Are you planning to solve this stock issue ?...
  5. xbox series s no signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s no signal: Console turned on but no signal. I have only played it for 3 days e84e027d-5613-4279-adb3-40326357a44d
  6. Bluetooth problems with my new Xbox Serie X

in XboX Insiders
    Bluetooth problems with my new Xbox Serie X: Hi guys, I wonder if anyone has the same issue, from time to time it seems that the Bluetooth on my box ceases to function and both my controller and on my headset are disconnecting and unable to...
  7. Xbox series x extremely hot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x extremely hot: I have not turned on my Xbox series x in over 2 weeks. I decided to touch it this morning and was extremely hot like I was playing it for hours on end I dont understand why. I get its plugged into...
  8. Xbox series X Ethernet Port Audio Transmission

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series X Ethernet Port Audio Transmission: Does anyone know if i can technically output audio over the ethernet port of Xbox series X ? Please someone confirm this!!! 1ef6b72a-22a3-43d0-a3f2-b5c19547c729
  9. Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.

in XboX Insiders
    Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.: I've encountered an issue with my Xbox controller disconnecting occasionally from my Series X. The home button on the controller flashes as if unable to sync with the console. I tried to plug a...
  10. Xbox series x wifi compatibility with hidden networks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x wifi compatibility with hidden networks.: Just received my series X today and during the setup had a big setback with setting up my network via wifi. Tried multiple different solutions hard resseting the xbox, resetting the modem...