Xbox series x horizontal vs vertical position

Discus and support Xbox series x horizontal vs vertical position in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was thinking to put the series x horizontally. Well, i know it is designed both vertically and horizontally but my question is:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeventhAndrew, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Xbox series x horizontal vs vertical position

Hi everyone.

I was thinking to put the series x horizontally. Well, i know it is designed both vertically and horizontally but my question is: technically speaking we're going to have differences in dissipation? The so called "tornado" airflow will perform in the same
    way? In my opinion, horizontally, we'll have the bottom "holes" in a free space ( not near to the surface) and this means much more cold air pushed into the machine. On the other hand, i know that hot air tends to rise and vertical position would tend to expel
    it more easily.

So, theoretically, is it better an horizontal position or a vertical one for the Xbox series X?

Thank you

:)

SeventhAndrew, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

I suspect it wont matter either way as long as it has enough ventilation.

When the 360 was announced most of the images were of it standing vertically but the majority of people has theirs horizontal.Yes there was the "red ring" issue but that wasn't caused by what position the console was in but "cheap" parts & i'm pretty sure
    they'll want to avoid anything like that happening again with the series X/S
  3. Dageto Kraft Win User

Hi I wanted to talk about the best position for my xbox one.

Xbox One Original - Horizontal Only
    xbox S - horizontal and vertical
    XBOX ONE X - horizontal and vertical
    XBOX ONE SADE - horizontal and vertical
  4. kcgoatboy Win User

Fan runs full speed.

Is the unit horizontal or vertical? I suggest putting slims in the horizontal position. (original Xboxes in the vertical) Also make sure the are no airflow obstructions around the sides and top or the unit.
  5. Exilious Win User

Split Screen Variations for Gaming

The type of split screen the game uses (horizontal vs vertical) is programmed into the games themselves. Most games force a horizontal split screen and there is no way to change this. If you do not see an option for it in the games' menu, then there is no
    way to alter the position of the screen divider.
  6. AdamKronus Win User

Hi I wanted to talk about the best position for my xbox one.

From my experience:

Xbox Original: Horizontal.

Xbox S or X: Vertical or Horizontal.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x horizontal vs vertical position - Similar Threads - series horizontal vertical

2. Elite Series 2 Warranty - Canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Warranty - Canada: I am wondering what the warranty period is for the elite Series 2 Controller in Canada, I have seen conflicting reports of 1 year (posted here by a moderator), 90 days and 45 days. I type in my...
  3. Xbox elite Series 2 Controller = Is it Next Gen like the Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite Series 2 Controller = Is it Next Gen like the Xbox Series X controller: Hello, I pre-ordered my Xbox Series X console yesterday and now asking my self the question should i buy the Xbox elite Series 2 Controller. Is the Xbox elite Series 2 Controller next gen like...
  4. HDMI Xbox Series S/X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI Xbox Series S/X: For next-gen gaming, I am much more sattisfied with gaming at 1440p resolution @120hz , rather than 4k @120hz, because of the potental price of hdmi 2.1 monitors. I would like to know if a hdmi...
  5. Purchasing Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchasing Xbox Series X: I am going to attach a tweet xbox posted. To remind of how my hopes were up into purchasing an Xbox. Im sure plenty customers in my shoes are disappointed as well , especially with the current...
  6. Xbox series x pre orders

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox series x pre orders: So will there be anymore. Pre orders or tiara it and we have to wait until Nov? d323a8fe-faf4-47ff-8498-f8a9781720ee
  7. Can I pay for my Series X pre order with my account balance?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I pay for my Series X pre order with my account balance?: Basically the title. My order looks like it'll take whatever credit I have on my account and apply that to the order before it charges my card for the remainder. So could I just add credit...
  8. Xbox Series X Media Remote and USB TV Tuner support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Media Remote and USB TV Tuner support?: Hello! I’m curious if there have been any answers to this. As it stands the Series X is without an IR transceiver and current media remotes will not work with it. Is there a new media remote...
  9. Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x: When will the xbox series x pre orders be restocked? c71c6ce9-6f67-4a36-a39a-847db017cd17
  10. Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X...: MS have announced new "play and charge" kits for the new controllers coming with the new consoles. The new controllers have a new share button and use a Type C USB connector. In photos, the...