Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

Discus and support Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today. My name is Georges C. welcome to the community. Hello , you get some error code (numbers)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeadJerichoUK, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

yes, the error code displayed is '0x80bd0009'

:)

DeadJerichoUK, Nov 8, 2021
  2. 夏虫怎可语冰 Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

Even though i use the dolby atmos app with my steelseries arctis 9x headset i can no longer turn off hdmi audio to my tv speakers

all i get is an error message to check my audio receiver. irrespective of the headphones being powered on or not.

its been working fine since launch, this started happening immediately after installing the september update on my series x

windows sonic gives the same message if selected, as does dts:x for headphones

nothing at all allows me to turn off hdmi audio to the tv speakers.
    An Xbox Series S user from China, this "HDMI audio > off" works fine since I brought the console.

But I experience the same problems in my console after install the latest system update on Sept. 2021.

Now at night I could only mute my monitor to make it quiet and only sound through the headphone which is connected with the gamepad. My monitor does not have an remoter and its progress to mute the speakers makes me annoyed...

Fix the problem as soon as possible plz.
  3. AnthonyYeap Win User

Finally got a permanent fix. Called my supplier, they're sending out a bag to return said console. They will replicate the issue. And bammo, refund or replacement under warranty. So will keep updated if they keep their word. In the meantime, no issues with the one X, sweet sweet directional audio. Ahhhhhh
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. ChahreddineJbali Win User

Same problem to me on my xbox series x.

I hope microsoft resolve the problem soon and make the system more easy.
  6. justinjohnsonOne_Net Win User

I have the same problem. Microsoft fix this quick. I didn’t pay $500 for your brand new system to have issues like this. This is unacceptable and will be reported the BBB.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update - Similar Threads - Series longer turn

2. 8TB Seagate Hard drive will no longer connect to my Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    8TB Seagate Hard drive will no longer connect to my Series X.: So just recently my 8TB hard drive has stopped connecting, I have tried restarting my xbox, changing the power cycle settings, doing a hard reset, tried every USB port I saw, tried another cable....
  3. External media hard drive is no longer working on Xbox Series X after September 24th update

in XBoX on Consoles
    External media hard drive is no longer working on Xbox Series X after September 24th update: Hi, Ever since the Xbox update on September 24th my WD 4tb harddrive for media is no longer being discovered by my Xbox. I have tried resetting the Xbox as well as reformatting the hard drive to...
  4. Xbox Series S no longer working, can't contact support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S no longer working, can't contact support: Dear All, My Series S will not switch on! Not two days ago I downloaded the Hitman 2 expansion pass for use in Hitman 3 on Xbox Series S from the Microsoft store. After installation I discovered...
  5. My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!: My Series X updated itself two nights ago (23rd of August), and since then, the external media hard drive I'd been using since I'd had an Xbox One has stopped working. The Xbox can see that it's...
  6. Upgraded to the Xbox Series X, no longer have access to Skip-Ahead ring

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to the Xbox Series X, no longer have access to Skip-Ahead ring: Hello there, I recently upgraded to the Xbox Series X and when I attempted to enrol it into the Alpha-Skip-Ahead ring (ASAR), I noticed there wasn't an option to do this. I find this odd because...
  7. After a recent update (23rd August), my Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5...

in XboX Insiders
    After a recent update (23rd August), my Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5...: Hey all, I've been using the Samsung T5 2GB external SSD for media since I had my Xbox One. I've never had a problem with it until now. I turned on my Xbox on August 24 and went to watch a movie...
  8. Series X - Headset mics (multiple) no longer work on any controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Headset mics (multiple) no longer work on any controller: Hi, Yesterday, when I tried to start a party with a friend of mine, I was able to hear him clearly but he couldn't hear me. This is despite the Xbox showing I have a headset attached, in the...
  9. XBOX Series X/S Transparent Tiles // longer Clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X/S Transparent Tiles // longer Clips: Hi, I got two questions about my Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X/S in general: 1.) I've seen in older videos that there was an option where you could decide how transparent your home tiles are...
  10. : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X: : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X Hi, My series X no longer recognises my wired connection. Wifi only at the moment it seems. I have tried the cable in my old One X and...