Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now

Discus and support Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was playing on my Xbox Series X when I heard and saw visually a loud spark come from the console. It immediately shut off and won't turn on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pudrut, Apr 24, 2021.

1. pudrut
    pudrut Guest

Hello, I was playing on my Xbox Series X when I heard and saw visually a loud spark come from the console. It immediately shut off and won't turn on again. There is a burning electrical smell coming from the inside now. I tried contacting through the website, but it seems to force me to post here. Who do I get into contact about this? Seems nearly impossible to contact support. Thank you.

:)

pudrut, Apr 24, 2021
  2. spiffierocean31 Win User

Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on

MY xbox power supply shows a green light when it is plugged in the wall only (not in the console yet) when plugged in the console too it shows a green light again but here the Xbox doesn't turn on. It's fan only powers on and runs really loud (burning smell
    too). the Xbox doesn't respond. I heard when the Power brick is plugged in the wall only it needs to have an orange light not green.when plugged in the Xbox too then it goes green.

could this be caused by the power supply?
    Sounds like a power supply issue

are you sure or is it a CPU issue what of the burning smell from the console when power supply is connected?
  3. Yahiko Rinnegan Win User

Is my Xbox One X damaged? Insufficient Ventilation warning message.

Thank you very much for your help! OK so please do not talk this the wrong way, but you did not entirely answer my question, the information you gave me was very helpful indeed but my real question was, "Is my Xbox One X damaged at all? Is it's lifespan
    shortened because of it overheating and displaying that warning message? And what about that burning smell it made when it was getting too hot, does that smell mean it melted something in the console and that it's permanently burnt/melted? or is that just
    the smell it makes when it's getting too hot? The console did shut down automatically so that does mean it saved the system from being destroyed correct?" the console runs perfectly now and it is in a very well ventilated area, i haven't heard the fan spin
    loud, I haven't smelt any burning sensation ever since I put it in a ventilated spot. So although it runs perfectly fine now, has it been damaged at all from the overheating that caused it to shutdown and display that warning message?
  4. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

Plastic/electrical Burning smell from Xbox one X

Any kind of burning smell from your console or controller should not be used and if so make sure it's turn off.

Best thing to do is contact Xbox support
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox one x burning smell

Exchange it, that's not normal.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one x burning smell

Hi

Can you please check the console has
    sufficient ventilation
    if the console does have sufficient ventilation then I would encourage you to use the
    Contact Us option and when prompted either select Chat With Xbox Support or Request a phone call from support for assistance with this.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now - Similar Threads - Series loud spark

2. Issues with a loud fan on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with a loud fan on Series S: Has anyone else had any issues with their Series S fan? When I first started using it on day of release it was practically silent but now, depending on the game, it can sometimes be so loud that...
  3. Xbox Series X disc drive loud when disc in drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disc drive loud when disc in drive?: I haven't played my Series X in probably about a week or so. I went to play tonight and I noticed an abnormally loud noise when I turned it on. At first I thought it may be a fan issue so I hard...
  4. Crashes on Xbox Series X (Freeze and Loud noises)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crashes on Xbox Series X (Freeze and Loud noises): Hi, sorry for my bad English but i have my Xbox for 1 week and i have already experience 4 crashes and everytime it's the same thing. The first and second crash were on two games that I buyed on...
  5. Xbox series x fan so loud and running hot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan so loud and running hot: I got the new Xbox series x at launch date all most 5-6 months ago at first the fan was silent and everything seemed ok apart from when ever I turned it on it would make a really funny noise like...
  6. Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games: So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically. It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as...
  7. Loud fan when playing certain games on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud fan when playing certain games on Xbox Series S: Whenever I play certain games the fan on my Xbox Series S starts to get loud. Is this normal or should I get my console replaced? Is this a serious problem? 8f0c4c45-783c-4b28-a253-ebf9960858c8
  8. Xbox Series X Headset Game Audio Too Loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Headset Game Audio Too Loud: I’ve noticed the game audio on my headsets has been incredibly loud since I got my series x. I have to play with the chat mixer 1 above the minimum for game audio. I’ve tested the wireless Astro...
  9. Xbox Series S fan loud when playing fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S fan loud when playing fortnite: So whenever i play fortnite my xbox fan gets really loud and i have used the flashlight of my phone to kinda see if its dirty inside and everything seems to be good. Can someone pls help? BTW,...
  10. Xbox series X - loud pulsing noise from disc drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X - loud pulsing noise from disc drive: So I've recently noticed that when I first start playing a game with the disc inside the xbox it makes like a loud pulsating buzz for atleast 5 mins, then it just goes or quietens down. Just...