Xbox series x makes a loud sound through TV when turned on

Discus and support Xbox series x makes a loud sound through TV when turned on in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This does not come from the console itself. When the system is turned on the TV displays the Xbox logo and makes a very loud chime/choir noise. Similar... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Delzan, Jan 12, 2022.

1. /u/Delzan
    /u/Delzan Guest

This does not come from the console itself. When the system is turned on the TV displays the Xbox logo and makes a very loud chime/choir noise. Similar to the sound the Xbox one made in the same situation but significantly louder.

All other sounds on the system are at a normal volume but this noise is twice as loud as anything else at the same volume setting on the TV.

How do I turn this sound off or down? I see a lot of people talking about the chime the system itself makes. But that's not my issue at all. This comes through the TV.

submitted by /u/Delzan
    [link] [comments]

/u/Delzan, Jan 12, 2022
  2. MHager22 Win User

HDMI pass-through, do you use it? And do you want it on Series X?

I use it and have since launch. It’s a great feature allowing me to just turn on my Xbox and that in turn turns on my receiver, DirecTV box and TV. I use all streaming apps through the Xbox and it makes it super easy to switch between TV, streaming and games.

Really disappointed if this is removed from the Series X.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox One X games freezing.

I'll get the occasional freeze on the One and the X and they both make a loud buzzing sound when they freeze.
  4. coyoteRon6809 Win User

Kinect sound test fails (Xbox One)

Turned the TV up at least 3/4 of the way. Game sounds and TV programs are REALLY loud.
  5. NafrayuNox Win User

I can here myself talking

It usually happens to me when playing with friends and they are either close to their Tv or their sound is loud enough for their mic to pick up my own voice through the speakers.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Can I turn off the ding that the xbox makes when you turn it on?

[quote user="Swxfteh"]I'd like to think there's a chance that xbox would have made an option to turn it off.[/quote]Are you talking about the noise the console makes, or the sound that plays through your TV or AV system speakers when the logo comes up?

The console makes no sounds itself when turned on using the Guide button on the controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x makes a loud sound through TV when turned on - Similar Threads - series makes loud

2. Series X not turning on anymore and it’s making me sad

in XboX Insiders
    Series X not turning on anymore and it’s making me sad: Has anyone had this issue where there is no power what so ever going to the Xbox?? Was working totally fine the night before. Rather not have to pay for the repair if i don’t have to submitted by...
  3. My Xbox Series X makes a really loud grinding/ Spinning noise when I’m downloading a...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X makes a really loud grinding/ Spinning noise when I’m downloading a...: Does anyone else’s series x do this? I’m really worried submitted by /u/Im__CrypT [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series s makes loud startup noise, after startup sound is normal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s makes loud startup noise, after startup sound is normal: I have purchased an xbox series S, I am based out of India. The xbox makes a loud startup sound. After start up, the sound is normal and I have no issues. In-game sounds are normal. I use a...
  5. Xbox Series X makes loud clicking sound for first 30 minutes of being on, any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes loud clicking sound for first 30 minutes of being on, any fix?: My Xbox Series X (a replacement unit due to my first having a power failure) has been continually making a constant clicking noise since i received it. I'm guessing it is the fan hitting something...
  6. Xbox series x disc making loud nosies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc making loud nosies: My xbox series x is making nosies when i am putting in a disc cec2c704-48e2-43d1-814c-1b29ba68d76d
  7. Series X making a loud whiring sound while installing game from disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X making a loud whiring sound while installing game from disc: I had the COD glitch so i uninstalled the game and started to reinstall it from disc. A loud whiring sound came from the console. Is this going to be a problem? e4d00849-81ac-48ec-ba31-ee357d812899
  8. Xbox Series S is making a loud clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S is making a loud clicking noise: I received my Series S last week, and I noticed almost immediately that my system was making a loud clicking/squeaking noise after a few minutes of use. I assume it has something to do with the...
  9. (Hardware Issue) Xbox Series X makes loud noise when CD drive is in use (Vertical position...

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Hardware Issue) Xbox Series X makes loud noise when CD drive is in use (Vertical position...: Hello, So I put in my first CD to install Call of Duty, and the Xbox Series X makes this loud noise when it is standing vertically. When it is standing horizontally it doesn't make the noise....
  10. Xbox Series X making loud beeping noise when playing optimized games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X making loud beeping noise when playing optimized games: When playing Xbox Series X optimized games (Watch Dogs: Legion, Forza Horizon 4, Ori and the Will of the Wisps), the Xbox begins making a loud continual beeping noise. This does not happen when...