Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

Discus and support Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got my new Xbox Series X today, but there is an issue: when I place the console vertically, I inserted a UHD Blu-Ray Disc for playback. The video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 吕正阳, Nov 10, 2020.

1. 吕正阳
    吕正阳 Guest

Just got my new Xbox Series X today, but there is an issue: when I place the console vertically, I inserted a UHD Blu-Ray Disc for playback. The video playback is OK but the optical drive on Xbox Series X has tremendous mechanical noise, definitely not from
    cooling fans or drive motor, it came from somewhere else. That noise disappeared after I placed Xbox Series X horizontally ( the Xbox logo is right-top corner ).

Please confirm whether my console is the only one (it means I got a console with defect and I will RMA it), or it is a general issue for all Xbox Series X.

:)

吕正阳, Nov 10, 2020
  2. RWillows Win User

Kind of. I cannot describe it perfectly but it does come when starting UHD Blu-ray Disc playback and stopped immediately on quitting the playback.
    Mine is still continuing even with the disc taken out.. also doing whilst turned off/ on standby with power cable still plugged in..
  3. 吕正阳 Win User

Kind of. I cannot describe it perfectly but it does come when starting UHD Blu-ray Disc playback and stopped immediately on quitting the playback.
  4. RWillows Win User

I think i have this also? Is it like a loud metronome clicking/ ticking noise?
  5. SUNNYDOGa57ce29e-76f Win User

Xbox One X disc drive to loud to be used as an UHD Bluray player

It's normal unfortunately 4k uhd discs have to spin faster than normal blu ray so the noise is the disc drive most of the 4k uhd blu ray players have a similar problem it's infuriating during quite scenes.

You can either put your xbox in a cabinet to reduce the noise or I bought a pioneer udp lx 500 as the disc drives are soundproofed but there hefty and there not cheap but they do have a noticeably better picture than the xbox one x.
  6. Prince-Nicks Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Im playing from the 4k uhd player in the xbox one x

The blu ray player is up to date yeah
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray - Similar Threads - Series mechanical noise

2. Controller and headset disconnects (Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Controller and headset disconnects (Series X/S): I've noticed on occasion my controller and headset will lose sync with my Series X, more often then not as well my headset has some weird audio bugs (Distortion and robotic sounds) which only...
  3. Can I access my Xbox 360 content on my new series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I access my Xbox 360 content on my new series s: I recently got a new series s and I see only a little bit of the games that i had on my 360, how can i get all my games and purchases from my 360? f7aba439-c26b-489e-9832-69c4eea98cc5
  4. Xbox series X issues so far

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X issues so far: Hi I just received my series x. Here are some of the things that I have found that are issues. Hopefully this will help others, and potentially update microsoft. `1. LAN wired connection. Upon...
  5. Xbox One Disc games compatible with the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Disc games compatible with the Xbox Series X?: I have multiple games for the Xbox One on disc. I want to upgrade to the new Xbox Series X, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play my old disc games. Can I put the Xbox One game disc into the...
  6. Series X shutting down during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X shutting down during gameplay: My Series X started shutting down during gameplay over the last week or so. I've been playing it for about a month so I don't know what coukd have changed. I don't know if there's a way to check...
  7. Xbox elite series 2 disconnects

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite series 2 disconnects: Hi, i have the xbox elite swries 2 controller on a wired connection to my PC windows 10, and it is constantly disconnecting. Like literally every minute or 2. Im using the cabke what came with the...
  8. Does the XboX Series X support mechanical hard drives to expand storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the XboX Series X support mechanical hard drives to expand storage?: Can regular hard drives be used to expand the Xbox Series X storage or only the Seagate Storage Expansion Card can be used? Also, the games that are sold on xbox.com, are they digital downloads...
  9. Xbox series X boot up mechanical clunk noise. Is that normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X boot up mechanical clunk noise. Is that normal?: It didn’t make that sound the first two weeks. I searched and some people said that it was normal but i’m not sure. Like i said, it started two days ago. 66c578d1-fc71-4828-a7ee-3e72c2868f04
  10. Xbox Series X makes a mechanical clicking noise on Boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes a mechanical clicking noise on Boot: Hello. Today I got my XSX and it makes a mechanical clicking noise everytime I power it on. When booting from cold the mechanical sound comes after around 5 seconds and when fast booting it...