Xbox Series X media apps cause the screen to flicker/blink

Discus and support Xbox Series X media apps cause the screen to flicker/blink in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have noticed a problem when I use my Series X on my new 32” Samsung 4K 60hz monitor. That being when I use certain media apps (like netflix) it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrBrody420, Feb 21, 2021.

1. MrBrody420
    MrBrody420 Guest

I have noticed a problem when I use my Series X on my new 32” Samsung 4K 60hz monitor. That being when I use certain media apps (like netflix) it triggers a frenzy of flickering and in some cases the screen blacks out for a short period. I believe this is caused by the consoles software rather then the monitors and it is very frustrating. It doesn’t flicker when playing games in 4k (or older games in 720p) or when I’m on YouTube, only on some media apps. In the end I have to restart my Xbox because after I use one of the apps that causes the flickering it doesn’t stop. Is there a way I can get around this, or will I have to wait for Microsoft to release an update? Thanks.

P.S. Everthing works fine when I use a 1080p 60hz TV, and I’ve heard about this same problem happening on other 4K monitors and TV’s. So I’m confident it isn’t a hardware problem.

:)

MrBrody420, Feb 21, 2021
  2. P33R00 Win User

Xbox one screen flickering black

Help[quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote][quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote]
  3. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  4. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
  5. KID LOCHEM Win User

Seriously the lack of AA KILLS THE GRAPHICS

^^ Yeah, that's 360 alright. Nice find, xFilter. That is definitely Xbox, notice the "reload gun reminder" on the bottom right of the screen blinking "X", and the menu screens between deaths.
  6. IvanHristov123 Win User

Screen Flickering - Using non 4K TV - Xbox One X

Hey, having the same problem here. Using Xbox One X. It was working fine for a year and recently started flickering. I have bought a new 4k tv and it's even worse. I bought a new high speed HDMI cable: new set of issues - complete black screen or it flickers
    heavily. Went to test the XBOX on a 3rd tv and it flickers as well. I'd appreciate some help.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X media apps cause the screen to flicker/blink - Similar Threads - Series media apps

2. Xbox Media Remote volume commands not working on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Media Remote volume commands not working on Xbox Series S: On this Xbox Series S: - The Xbox Media Remote will turn the console on and off (so the remote is working); - The console will turn the TV on and off (so HDMI-CEC is working); - Volume commands...
  3. Xbox One Media Remote Volume not working on series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote Volume not working on series S: Hi, Switching from XBOX One X to XBOX Series S, I noticed that my official XBOX One Media remote is no longer working properly. The volume up and down doesn’t work at all and the TV doesnt turn...
  4. Xbox HDCP connection issue - Series X will not play any of my personal media, physical or...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox HDCP connection issue - Series X will not play any of my personal media, physical or...: Just swapped my Xbox Series X with my Xbox One S and other than the new HDMI cord included with the Series X it’s hooked up exactly the same. However, with the new Xbox HDCP does not seem to be...
  5. Xbox Series X crashing in media apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashing in media apps: So this had been going on for 2 months but every time I use a media app for a prolonged period (at least 20 mins), it freezes and shuts down with my controller being on. I tried using different...
  6. Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X: I have an Xbox media remote that I used for my Xbox One S. I have since purchased a Series X and want to use the remote with it instead of the XB1. Right now it currently only controls the XB1. I...
  7. Defining Duke - New Podcast Series from Last Stand Media

in XboX Insiders
    Defining Duke - New Podcast Series from Last Stand Media: So the folks from Sacred Symbols, a PlayStation podcast, recently launched a similar concern covering all-things Xbox. I’ve been listening to SS a while now, and if Defining Duke is anything like...
  8. Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems: Hi! I have some problem with 2 things, but it's tie. I have a Xbox Series S and TV LG 49LF630V, that's old TV panel, but it have HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK, LG name of this). I turn ON all function...
  9. Xbox series x external hard drive not working for media.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x external hard drive not working for media.: i want to use my old hdd hard drive for recording games and screenshots, but the xbox won't identify the drive but if i format it to have games stored on it the drive seems to work but as soon i...
  10. Xbox Series X shutting down with media apps

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shutting down with media apps: I have a problem where my Series X is shutting down randomly from media apps. Apps like YouTube, Netflix and even the Blu-Ray player. I have tried the tricks like flipping the power cable, factory...