Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games

Discus and support Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Series X, which I purchased in January, has been noisy for a few weeks now whenever I'm playing more taxing games. This usually happens with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beatdownXnoki, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games

So my Series X, which I purchased in January, has been noisy for a few weeks now whenever I'm playing more taxing games. This usually happens with games that are optimized/upgraded for SX/S - I've noticed it with Metro Exodus (after the current-gen upgrade), with Marvel's Avengers and to a lesser extent even with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.

Whenever one of these games is played on the console, the cooling fan becomes highly audible.
    It's not on the Xbox 360's airplane take-off level of noise but it's noticable, especially during loading times or other moments of quiet.
    It's a low-toned, monotonous hum, there's no whirring, buzzing, drilling or tapping noises involved. There's no noticable vibrations either. It pretty much just sounds like a cooling fan running in high velocity.

As soon as I shut down or suspend the aforementioned games or the console enters power saving mode after 5 minutes, the fan quiets down quite a bit to a barely noticable hum. If the game is resumed, it kicks back up again.

This phenomenon did NOT occur for the first few months after purchasing the console. For example, I've been AC: Valhalla on an on-and-off basis over several months now and the Xbox was quiet when I played the game months ago.

Is this a cause for concern? It's possible the console's interior workings have collected some dust but otherwise it has been unmoved and operated in the same, open space for 7 months now.

Feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong category.

:)

beatdownXnoki, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Your concern is well justify! We paid a lot for these consoles, I have a similar situation with my XSX is a bit noisier than my friend's or cousin since day one, but honestly it happened since day one when the console came out. An agent told me to not worry about, he also told me that if the noise started to be unbearable I could always send it for repair! A little bit extreme for just a little bit of noise in my opinion. So basically I wouldn't worry much!
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Disappointed with Series X

If you are playing Xbox One games on the Series X, you are not going to see much of a difference except for frame rate. When you get Xbox Series X games, then you will see a lot more difference.
  4. Korhog Win User

Series x and our digital games

all your digital games will play on xbox series x. maybe with more FPS and resolution
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Series X compatability

Microsoft introduces "Smart Delivery" with the Xbox Series X, which means, that if you own an existing game (like Minecraft in your example, or Gears 5) or a new game comes out for Xbox One and Xbox Series X with improved graphics on Series X, you won't
    have to buy the game twice.

With Smart Delivery you will play the "enhanced" version on Series X, and the "normal" version on Xbox One.

For more info about Smart Delivery and other terms used with the Series X check this page: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-glossary/
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox One X Enhanced on Xbox Series X

I would presume that if a game is Xbox One X Enhanced, those benefits will also appear when the game is played on Xbox Series X, along with any Optimized for Xbox Series X benefits that same game might receive through future updates. I doubt seriously it
    would be a step backward when played on the superior hardware.

Keep in mind the Smart Delivery feature, which will enable Xbox Live to send the best possible version of the game to Xbox Series X automatically. So that may be the Xbox One X Enhanced version, or (if the developer makes such an update possible) the Optimized
    for Xbox Series X version. Given the choice, I'd want the Optimized version. :)
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games - Similar Threads - Series noisy playing

2. Series x headset not holding charge

in XboX Insiders
    Series x headset not holding charge: Hi team, had this headset a couple months. Haven't used it much to be fair. It's not holding charge. I plug it in to a USB C connected to my series x console, the LED flashes indicating that it's...
  3. Xbox One/ Series X/S external HDD.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One/ Series X/S external HDD.: An external HDD don't work like the internal HDD/NVME. They are programmed for the console and they have extra software to do certain things. Everyone seems to be having the same issue of their...
  4. Help!! Was on the alpha skip ahead with my series x, I sold it and bought another X and now...

in XboX Insiders
    Help!! Was on the alpha skip ahead with my series x, I sold it and bought another X and now...: Any ideas how to fix? submitted by /u/daje0000 [link] [comments]
  5. Increase in fan speed with latest alpha Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Increase in fan speed with latest alpha Series X: Has anyone else noticed an increase in fan speed on the Series X with the latest alpha build when playing games and on the Home screen? I'm running the alpha build released 9/24. submitted by...
  6. Migrating from One X to Series X - Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Migrating from One X to Series X - Alpha Skip Ahead: I bought the Xbox Series X recently and it only show Alpha in the Xbox Insider App, not skip ahead. I was in skip ahead for long time. Is there a way to join again? submitted by /u/Lellys...
  7. Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?): Please consider releasing a feature for manually replacing and formatting the 2230 M.2 SSD inside the Xbox Series S/X consoles to upgrade read/write speeds and overall storage space. Obviously...
  8. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.: I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and it's not my external hard drive problem...
  9. No firmware update available for Elite series 2 controller?

in XboX Insiders
    No firmware update available for Elite series 2 controller?: I'm in the beta flight ring for xbox insiders and the latest beta release notes say that the new firmware update ( DLI technology for Elite series 2 controllers ) is "available today". My console...
  10. Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)...: i had a problem and found a simple fix to solve it. Wanted to share with you all :) There is a gap between the stand and the housing, and because of the vibration of the fast spinning disc (when...