Xbox series X overheating

Discus and support Xbox series X overheating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, finally got system setup. while playing my my first downloaded game, 16 minutes in the console shut down and was hot to touch and wouldn’t turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheMANN's, Nov 24, 2020.

1. TheMANN's
    TheMANN's Guest

Hello, finally got system setup. while playing my my first downloaded game, 16 minutes in the console shut down and was hot to touch and wouldn’t turn back on. so i unplugged it and left it alone for an hour and plugged back in. it turns on but now im worried
    about it over heating and causing a fire. is there an extra fan or setting ive missed. please help

:)

TheMANN's, Nov 24, 2020
  2. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  3. Scitlz Win User

Xbox series X overheating!

I know its a issue with series x. My friends still the xbox one s and have no issues. I'm playing only at 1080p 120hz.
  4. Killer Kenny Win User

Xbox series X overheating!

I am having the same problem on Call of Duty Cold War Multi Player. My Series X console will shut down in the middle of game play. The controller remains on. Microsoft please help?
  5. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  6. JakeConway Win User

Power issues on Xbox series x

Mine goes off after 2 to 3 hours of gameplay. Xbox ambassador advised me to carry out a soft reset on the console.

Believe it may be an issue with overheating. Both Xbox Series X games and normal games seem to be crashing for me.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X overheating - Similar Threads - series overheating

2. Series X overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X overheating: I am so damn disappointed. I built a PC in 2015 that has NEVER EVER had heating problems and i didnt spend much more than i did for this xbox series x. This is advertised as the best console ever....
  3. Xbox Series S overheating and shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S overheating and shutting down: So as many others are experiencing I too am experiencing overheating on the series s console.. Playing fallout 76 periodically causes freezing then a complete shutdown and the heat from the...
  4. Xbox series S overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S overheating: Just got my xbox series s and after about 2 hours i noticed it was getting pretty warm, just checking if this an issue anyone else has had 1aaee1fc-537a-4d26-b8b0-b6c7a5030099
  5. Xbox series S overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S overheating: Hello I just bought a xbox series S to replace my xbox one S. I' m quite concerned for the heat coming from the big black fan. I have never experienced anything like this with the one S. I had...
  6. XBox Series X Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Overheating: I have just unwrapped my xbox seriex X on Sunday night. After the night of having to download a game to play, the wait was finally here to play. I loaded COD Cold War and just as I got into the...
  7. XBox Series S overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series S overheating: Hi, For the second time now my new and shiny Series S overheated shortly after starting the console. I own the console since release and normally I don't have any problems. The console has plenty...
  8. Xbox series X overheating!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X overheating!: Everytime I play call of duty cold War zombies my Xbox series x turns off after awhile and it is getting quite hot. I think its turning itself off for protection. I can turn back on immediately...
  9. Xbox series X overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X overheating: My Xbox series X turned off on me in the middle of call of duty zombies. I felt the top and sides it definitely felt hot. So I assumed it did safety shut down. Happened twice now. The Xbox is...
  10. Xbox Series X overheating and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X overheating and turning off: Hi I've had the xbox series x since the 11th and everything with it was great playing warzone and fifa I had no problems, but when I downloaded Call of Duty Cold War my problems began so suddenly...