Xbox series X ports not working when Xbox is turned off

Discus and support Xbox series X ports not working when Xbox is turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used to use my Xbox port for charging my headset at night, but lately my headset hasn't been charging when the Xbox is turned off. After further... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by perhaps luck, Sep 20, 2022.

1. perhaps luck
    perhaps luck Guest

I used to use my Xbox port for charging my headset at night, but lately my headset hasn't been charging when the Xbox is turned off. After further testing, the ports seem to work just fine when the Xbox is on and it also charges just fine using the same cord plugged into an outlet, which makes me think something's wrong with my Xbox when turned off. Does anyone know of a fix?

Please note that I am using a new headset, but my Xbox charged it perfectly the first two weeks of me charging it with my Xbox off. It just randomly stopped working.

:)

perhaps luck, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Make sure that your console power mode is set to standby mode. To do so, please follow the steps below:

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up > Power mode drop down > Standby mode.

If it's already set to standby mode, kindly change it to energy-saving mode and then perform a powercycle before changing it back to standby mode.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  4. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  5. Suyeta Win User

Xbox Series S keeps turning itself on since update?

This is not helpful because it is the opposite problem. The Xbox turns back ON when you turn it off while still in dev mode. I have the same problem with Xbox Series X.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X ports not working when Xbox is turned off - Similar Threads - series ports working

2. Xbox series S, one of usb ports not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S, one of usb ports not working: One of the rear usb ports is not registering my external hard drive. It was working before. I have tried completely turning off the console, clearing cache, and leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes....
  3. Xbox series S USB ports not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S USB ports not working: Does anyone know of a fix for all 3 USB ports not working all of a sudden. Worked fine the previous night, I woke up and noticed my external hard drive was not on switched it around to the other...
  4. Xbox series X usb ports stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X usb ports stopped working: Hey, last night i powered off my series x and upon waking up the controller i had plugged in via usb wasn't responding and i discovered after plugging the cable into my phone that the port was the...
  5. My LAN / Ethernet Port on my Xbox Series X does not seem to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My LAN / Ethernet Port on my Xbox Series X does not seem to work: Since opening the box about a month ago I haven't been able to get the ethernet port on my Xbox Series X to work. I've tried multiple cables from CAT5 to CAT8 and have tried hard rebooting my xbox...
  6. All USB ports have stopped working on Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    All USB ports have stopped working on Series X: I've noticed that none of the USB ports are working on my Series X. I've tried hard resetting, a factory reset and just completely unplugging everything for a while, but none of it has worked so...
  7. Xbox series x ethernet port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x ethernet port not working: The last time i reset my new xbox series x my wired connection went out for a day or two. I reset it again and then it completely went out for good. When my wire is plugged in into my xbox it says...
  8. Xbox Series Controller stops working after 20 seconds after plugging into the USB port in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controller stops working after 20 seconds after plugging into the USB port in...: My white Series S controller stops responding after plugging a Type C cable into it, using one of the USB ports on the console. The white Xbox logo still glows but nothing happens when I use it...
  9. Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working: Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working. At random moments when playing different games on the new Xbox Series X I will lose connection to my Xbox One Controller which is plugged in through...
  10. Xbox Series X USB ports don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X USB ports don't work: I have a launch day Xbox Series X, an official Microsoft USB C Play and Charge Kit and Series X controller. When I connect the controller using the supplied USB C cable to the controller and the...