Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off

Discus and support Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My new Xbox series X keep shutting off randomly. The controller will remain powered on but the Xbox is off. It won’t turn back on unless you go push... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dustin11h3, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off

My new Xbox series X keep shutting off randomly. The controller will remain powered on but the Xbox is off. It won’t turn back on unless you go push the physical button on the console.

Mostly it happens when I launch an app (like Amazon prime video) but also has happened while playing a game, leaving the game paused for a couple minutes, then trying to unpause and go back to playing.

This is occurring multiple times a day.

submitted by /u/dustin11h3
    [link] [comments]

/u/dustin11h3, Mar 4, 2021
  2. JoE TwEaKn MANE Win User

Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

Had 1st time today it just pinged serval times fast but here's kicker the xbox fan and stuff was still running never had my old xbox to do that even left it on for 2 weeks straight non stop n it didnt auto shut down. Only issue I have is it crashes alot
    with games
  3. Wubbaphat Win User

Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

Hello, Og_Rumble_ I have ran into the same issue myself with the Xbox one X as did one of my friends and I can not guarantee the way I was able to solve it will work for you but it is worth sharing, just in case. Replacing the 7amp power cord with a 10amp
    cord solved the issue. I purchased the Nyko Brand from amazon and it has worked perfectly since! I hope this will solve your issue, if not please come back with any concerns. I am still using the cord I bought then for my Series X now and I have had no issues.
  4. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  5. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Series X shutting off

Hello there @SNX1881, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off

1. Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off - Similar Threads - Series Randomly Shutting

2. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Was just looking for any last insight from people before I actually send this back for service. As the title states, whenever I go to load up an Xbox Series X enhanced game, my Xbox will just...
  3. Xbox Series X shutting down randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shutting down randomly: Had the xbox for 3 days now and when playing Nba 2k21 it is shutting down randomly? Any suggestions on how to fix this? ed74e45a-9669-4a22-8f32-f6d0e135f86e
  4. Xbox Series X won’t turn on after randomly shutting down

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t turn on after randomly shutting down: I just started up Gears 5, and the console ran the game for a minute before it completely turned off. Now every time I click the power on button, it flashes once, makes a weird clicking noise, and...
  5. Xbox Series X random shut offs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X random shut offs.: Hi, ive read multiple pages, and despite doing all the troubleshooting, my Xbox Series X continues to randomly shut itself off, regardless of what im doing on it. Even scrolling through the home...
  6. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during gameplay: I ordered and received my brand new Xbox Series X earlier this month and it was working great up until yesterday, when during gameplay sessions it would just randomly shut off. It happened when I...
  7. My series x has randomly shut off multiple times

in XboX Insiders
    My series x has randomly shut off multiple times: Has anyone had this issue? It has froze up while playing cyberpunk twice ( 40 hrs in), and then the console shuts down, should I be worried about my system? Or is it more of a software issue with...
  8. Xbox Series X Randomly Shuts Down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Randomly Shuts Down: Hi I just received my Xbox Series X yesterday. Once i set it up and starting reinstalling my games every 30mins - 1 hour the Xbox shuts down randomly. I have changed all my settings so that it...
  9. Xbox series s shuts down randomly.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s shuts down randomly.: Hello everyone My console turns off in different situations and in different games. Sometimes while running Gears 5, Control and the witcher, other times when I close the games to return to the...
  10. Monitor randomly shuts off while playing Warzone on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Monitor randomly shuts off while playing Warzone on Series X: Currently have a Series X and am playing on a Asus 27inch XFO series gaming monitor. While playing Warzone, my monitor will randomly go black and shut off for 3-5 seconds and then come back on....