Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage

Discus and support Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage It was reported on multiple occasions (including the post next to the last in this thread Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Emkay1001, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Emkay1001
    Emkay1001 Guest

It was reported on multiple occasions (including the post next to the last in this thread Xbox One X network
    settings bandwidth usage incorrect inaccurate wrong - Microsoft Community
    ) for various console models and on Reddit but for the record:

In my case Xbox Series X reports incorrect bandwidth usage in Terabytes (TBs - that's 1000 GB). There is no way that console would download so much data in such a brief time:

Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage [​IMG]

Does anyone happen to know if the relevant Product Team is aware?

:)

Emkay1001, Jan 2, 2021
  2. One SwiftKiller Win User

Downloading (Installing) GTA V, Stuck at 18%..

could you go to setting network bandwidth usage and tell me what your bandwidth usage has been like in the past 12 hours or since you starting downloading it
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox One X network settings bandwidth usage incorrect inaccurate wrong

You may want to use the Report a Problem feature (Long press Nexus button), as I and many others have reported this issue and Posted
    at Reddit XBox Insiders Forum
    for months now.

More reports provide essential data to solve this annoying issue, and hopefully a fix.
  4. Ryan248 Win User

Just applied 21.5GB of updates to 3 games within the hour, and, afterward, Bandwidth Usage shows my current period usage as
    469.7MB and summed-up hourly usage as 448.74MB.

So, to confirm, this is a known issue/bug, AND, a System Reset will not or may not fix it going forward for me, SO, it is recommended that I NOT bother with the hassle of performing a system reset and re-setup, and instead simply waiting for a forthcoming
    system update that fixes past and future data tabulation and display? Is that correct?

ALSO, ON A RELATED BUT DIFFERENT ISSUE, just to air my annoyance with how it currently works, when there is an update available for a game, WHY does checking the size of the update require launching the game and waiting for the resulting auto-quit and notice?
    Why isn't the update's size information more readily available?

As it says right there in the "game needs an update" notice, "connect time charges may apply", recognizing the reality that not everyone has unlimited data, and, if you are then trying to manage your data usage, isn't update size important to know without having
    to go through hoops?

Another way of viewing the size of the update is to just start the update and let it begin, but then if you cancel it because once you see the size you don't want to burn through the data to do the update at that time, the Xbox OS is very likely to then uninstall
    THE ENTIRE GAME, and if that happens, then you are required to re-install/download the ENTIRE game again.

For example, if there was a 14GB game update that you started because you didn't know the size of the update in advance, but then once seeing the size in the queue decided you didn't want to burn that amount of data allowance at that time, if you cancel it,
    you'd then very likely need to re-download the full game again, which might require 60-100+ GB of data usage. This is crazy, and I wanted to point this out as well.

Thanks again for listening

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. TektroNaut 22 Win User

"Xbox" is aware of this? Are you sure because I am going to contact my internet provider and I'm just saying if they tell me 5044185.42 TB was transmitted and I want to know what it was that you needed to received that
    was necessary from my Xbox because that's a lot of data in only one month I don't believe this was an accidental glitch. As you will see in the photos 11.something one month 17.something on another multiple hundreds on the others but something special went
    on around October mid November that for me Xbox transmitted 5044185.42 tb of historcal bandwidth data was necessary never had this happen about a 8 months to be exact. Not only that you can see its slowly increasing day by day. So Xbox if you don't mind
    can you give a valid explanation as to why this is happening? I'm in Los Angeles California just for clarification purposes.
    [​IMG]
  6. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

xbox is aware of this problem and it should be fixed pretty soon in the next few updates at this time you can only wait for the fix
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage - Similar Threads - Series reports incorrect

2. Logitech g920 on xbox series x and Dirt 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech g920 on xbox series x and Dirt 4: I'm trying to get the g920 steering wheel to work for Dirt 4 on xbox series x. It doesn't however connect. It works on Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4. Anyone who have an idea on how to solve it?
  3. Xbox original disc - Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox original disc - Series X: Hi, I have a disc for the original xbox and its not playing on the series X despite being in the backward compatable list and available for purchase throught the store. I get the error messege...
  4. xbox series S bad video quality on 1080 monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series S bad video quality on 1080 monitor: xbox series S, bad video quality on 1080p monitor it's impossible to play, the quality is similar to 360p how to fix this ? i played CAll of duty warzone , Control , Sekiro ....
  5. Robotic sounding audio on series X games

in XboX Insiders
    Robotic sounding audio on series X games: I am encountering audio issues while using Dolby atmos on series X games the audio is all robotic sounding and crackling it doesn't do this on non series x games so far the game I have experienced...
  6. Since Report A Problem is not working on Series X, reporting a problem here.

in XboX Insiders
    Since Report A Problem is not working on Series X, reporting a problem here.: The Report A Problem app on the Series X has an infinite loading issue and is not able to Submit a problem. But my issue is with the Twitch app on the Series X. When browsing streams to view in...
  7. Screen turns black on Series X after 3 Minutes of Hotspot Racing, how do i report this...

in XboX Insiders
    Screen turns black on Series X after 3 Minutes of Hotspot Racing, how do i report this...: Everytime i play Hotshot Racing on my shiny new Series X, the screen turns black after one and a half lap (not at the same point) and remains black until i restart the console manually. I'd like...
  8. series x bug report

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x bug report: is there a work around for pandora stopping while playing rocket league? happens every time if i dont play pandora for atleast 20 seconds before switching back to the game....
  9. Feedback: Report a Problem v2 not working on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback: Report a Problem v2 not working on Series X: I am having a number of problems with the insider program on the series X and I am unable to report from console as the report a problem v2 app will not load. submitted by /u/morpheus2n2...
  10. IGN reports Halo TV series to be broadcast on Showtime

in XBoX on Consoles
    IGN reports Halo TV series to be broadcast on Showtime: First let me apologise for not being able to link the youtube video my phone hates me. The claim in the video is that the Halo TV series will not be broadcast on the XB1 as the exclusive that...