Xbox Series X resolution and frame rates

Discus and support Xbox Series X resolution and frame rates in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone legitimately figured out how to get displays which can do >60fps at 1440p to work for the XSX? For example, I have an LG32GK650f-b monitor... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Snipagang11, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X resolution and frame rates

Has anyone legitimately figured out how to get displays which can do >60fps at 1440p to work for the XSX? For example, I have an LG32GK650f-b monitor which does 1440p @ 120fps through displayport and 1440p @ 100 fps through HDMI 2.0

SO far, people with this monitor can only get 1440p 60 OR 1080p 120. Nobody with this monitor can do 1440p @ 120fps.

Maybe since HDMI 2.0 only lets you do 100hz at 1440p the XSX doesnt recognize it?

Does anyone have any information on this? Will microsoft release an update for this console which will let it take advantage of the display it is connected to like a PC?

submitted by /u/Snipagang11
    [link] [comments]

/u/Snipagang11, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Hi,

Sniper Elite 4 ran at 30 fps on Xbox One. Using backwards compatibility on the Series X/S won't automatically make this game run at 60 fps. The only way that will happen is if the developer or the backwards compatibility team modify the game to unlock the
    frame rate.

BC Can:

• Make games run more closely and smoothly to the original target frame rate (30 or 60 fps)
    • Disable Dynamic resolutions on games that used this feature. For example, a 1080P dynamic resolution game that would drop resolution to maintain a target FPS will now run at full 1080P. Same with 4K games.
    • Add 16x Anisotropic filtering to all titles.

BC Can't

• Unlock a locked (baked in) frame rate cap
    • Run games that have a locked resolution from running in higher resolutions, not without the BC team or the developer interaction.

The 1440P @ up to 120 FPS is not false advertising. Dirt 5 can run up to 120 FPS on Series X and S and Gears 5 with the Series X/S optimisation patch also can run up to 120 FPS (multiplayer only). Call of Duty Cold War also has a 120 FPS
    mode in multiplayer.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Anthem!!!

How's the frame rate?

When I saw EuroGamer's Digital Foundry performance tests of this game a few weeks ago, I was pretty shocked by the frame rate issues. The base Xbox One version was only 900P and suffered frame rate drops as low as 21fps! Come on! How on earth is that even
    playable??

The One X version was a great resolution wise, but those frame drops were still pretty bad, and what about those loading times?
  5. tplarkin7 Win User

Edge on Ps4 power... Not good for X1 :(

My fear is that frame rates and resolution will be compromised on Xbox One because "nobody really cares about a few pixels or a few frames."

We have seen frame rate hiccups with the PS3 (which I never bought a PS3 for this reason).

If games have better frame rates/resolutions on PS4, I will be buying a PS4. Every game should be locked at 1080p/60 fps!
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Compatibility

Yeah, I get what you're saying, especially if you recently bought an Xbox One X.

I bought an Xbox One at launch, and still haven't upgrade to the S or X. Personally, I have no plans to buy the Series X since it sounds like my console will still be able to play new games for awhile (obviously at lower resolutions and frame rates). At
    the moment, I'll probably hold off until the Series X starts getting games that won't be playable on the console I already own. Either that or my console stops working.
Thema:

Xbox Series X resolution and frame rates

1. Xbox Series X resolution and frame rates - Similar Threads - Series resolution frame

2. Series X screen resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X screen resolution: No matter what game i play when I am playing a game and hit the guide button, My series x auto changes my resolution to something other then i selected. Is this the xbox or my monitor. I am using...
  3. weird youtube resolution issue on series s. all content thats not uploaded in 4K just...

in XboX Insiders
    weird youtube resolution issue on series s. all content thats not uploaded in 4K just...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Max420xHAZE [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series S - Changing Resolution to 1440p makes image look washed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - Changing Resolution to 1440p makes image look washed out: I just picked up an Xbox Series S and once I set it up I changed the display resolution to 2k(since my monitor is 2k). Upon doing this the dark grays of the setting screen started to look light...
  5. Xbox Series S poor resolution in Rocket League

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S poor resolution in Rocket League: Hi, I bought the Xbox Series S for Christmas and connected it to a 1440p 120hz monitor (Asus VG27WQ) which as I understand supports HDMI 2.0 which is all you need to run 1440p at 120fps however...
  6. Add Allow 8k resolution support in future Xbox Series X Update

in XboX Insiders
    Add Allow 8k resolution support in future Xbox Series X Update: Please someone support me on this issue submitted by /u/koolcat26 [link] [comments]
  7. Reset resolution on Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset resolution on Series S: I maually changed my Series S to 1080/120hz because my monitor says it supports it... screen went blank and says “out of range” on monitor now i cant see the screen and cant reset my settings...
  8. Xbox Series X Stuck at 640x480 resolution under settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Stuck at 640x480 resolution under settings: I have a new Xbox series X connected to the LG CX television using the HDMI cord provided with the console, but at times when I turn it on, I find the resolution stuck at 640x480. Sometimes a...
  9. XBOX Series X - HDR only available at 4K? Unavailable at lower resolutions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X - HDR only available at 4K? Unavailable at lower resolutions?: My Samsung 4K TV is HDMI 2.0 and also supports a native resolution of 1440p at 120hz, so I can enjoy 120fps gaming on the XSX. However, to get this working you have to turn off "Allow 4K" in the...
  10. Xbox Series X stuck in 640 x 680 resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X stuck in 640 x 680 resolution: I recently bought a xbox series x and am using a LG C9 updated to the latest firmware. When i turn the xbox on it defaults to a resolution of 640 x 480 with no other options to change to other...