Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update

Discus and support Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After updating my Xbox Series controller to the latest firmware (version 5.5.2641.0), I am unable to connect it via Bluetooth to my Window 10 PC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Josh Sterling, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update

After updating my Xbox Series controller to the latest firmware (version 5.5.2641.0), I am unable to connect it via Bluetooth to my Window 10 PC (running latest updated Win10 version), iPhone or my MacBook Pro.

Previously, the controller connected to both of these machines via Bluetooth without issue. I was wondering if this is a known issue, or if there's a possible fix for this? Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

:)

Josh Sterling, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  3. mpx64 Win User

Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth issue

I've had similar issues with the regular Xbox One (S) controller. Constant disconnects/blinking light and poor game performance when using my Intel Z390 onboard bluetooth, but it works fine when using a third party Kinivo bluetooth adapter.

Using latest Intel drivers and latest controller firmware.

The Kinivo adapter is based on the Broadcom BCM20702 chipset.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Hi

Given it started after a firmware update, then it's likely the update caused it...sometimes updates have unintended consequences and it's possible that it has disrupted the ability to use the new Series X/S controllers on older XBox One systems. If that's the case, they will hopefully fix it with another update, though it may be a while
  6. LeeTheENTP Win User

Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

UPDATE: After forcing a firmware update even though the firmware is up to date, the Chatpad now works when connected over USB or the USB wireless controller dongle. It still does not work over Bluetooth, however.
Thema:

Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update

1. Xbox Series X/S Controller Bluetooth Not Working After Latest Firmware Update - Similar Threads - Series Controller Bluetooth

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't report paddles via Bluetooth with 5.11-5.13 firmware...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't report paddles via Bluetooth with 5.11-5.13 firmware...: Hello! We are checking each new firmware version, but since it appeared for the Insiders, there is no way to detect and use paddles as separate controls for Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...
  3. Please fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller when connecting to Windows 10 using Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller when connecting to Windows 10 using Bluetooth: Many users, including myself, are unable to connect their Elite Series 2 controller to their Windows 10 PCs using Bluetooth. Following the help / support guides we are prompted to download the...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can't connect via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can't connect via Bluetooth on PC: My Xbox Elite Series 2 controller hasn't been able to connect to my PC through Bluetooth after updating the controller through Xbox Accessories (on xbox one). Anytime I go to connect it through...
  5. New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...: Ideally I would prefer the controller to be connected through USB-C. I have tried using a cable, and going to the Xbox accessories app, but the controller does not appear. When I plug the...
  6. Elite series 2 controller and Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller and Bluetooth: I have a new elite series 2 Xbox controller which I use to play Fortnite on a Windows 11 PC. However; when I play via Bluetooth, my character is uncontrollable, and any move that l make results...
  7. Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to bluetooth for pc and android but works through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to bluetooth for pc and android but works through...: The controller suddenly started blinking in the middle of a game and when I checked the Bluetooth settings of my laptop it showed it disconnected so I tried to reconnect but it failed, so I made...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth): Looks to be a common issue according to Reddit. Whenever I unplug my controller it stops working. The first step to even get it to recognize the device after being unplugged is to go into...
  9. Right thumbstick on series controller does not work on PC over Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right thumbstick on series controller does not work on PC over Bluetooth: Works fine plugged in. Trying to play final fantasy 13. Can't control the camera. Over Bluetooth is has no function except click it will pause the game. e72bd63a-c1c3-475e-9d63-7358d29cead3
  10. Elite series 2 Controller A button brings up Xbox game bar under bluetooth mode on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 Controller A button brings up Xbox game bar under bluetooth mode on PC: I just got a elite series 2 from microsoft store. When I press A button, it will also brings up Xbox game bar. I think button A is maped to more than just "A" but also something else. This only...