Xbox Series X/S May update makes Quick Resume even faster

Discus and support Xbox Series X/S May update makes Quick Resume even faster in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/raidenfromearth [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/raidenfromearth, May 12, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X/S May update makes Quick Resume even faster

/u/raidenfromearth, May 12, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy games/savegames to Series S

One thing I personally cannot say for certain is if those games loading from the external hard drive will run the same way they would if they were installed straight onto the console...
    If you load games on the Series X or S from an external hard drive they will load the same as they do on a regular Xbox One. There won't be any performance issues. Games installed on a external SSD (SATA SSD not the Expansion Card) will load faster then
    they would before due to the much faster I/O on the Series X/S.

If you move your games to either the internal storage or the optional Expansion card, you will see significant loading speed improvements. They'll be massive on a game such as Odyssey. Fast traveling in 5 seconds rather than 40 on a regular Xbox One or One
    X!

To use the Series X/S 'Quick Resume' on Xbox One or other BC games will require said games to be installed internally or to the Expansion Card. Series X/S games can only be installed on the Internal or Expansion card.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Updates download location

Yeah I understand this, but like I said before...all the games are in the external, but for whatever reason is upgrading and updating to the internal.
    This behaviour only occurs on Series X|S optimised games and only on the series X|S console.

Basically, if you have an Series X and your Xbox One game has been optimised for the system it will be moved to the faster storage during the update.
  4. RichardFos Win User

Series x quick resume

In particular the game ‘control’ seems particuarly hit and miss....
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Series x quick resume

Yeah it doesn't always work. Thankfully games already load fast. I'm sure it will get better.

Remember though, it only works on games that are installed internally or on an Expansion card. USB external drives can't use it.
  6. RichardFos Win User

Series x quick resume

Sure, i have games on the internal ssd. It seems quite random when it does and doesnt work right? Its not always the game you played longest ago that gets booted off. It would be good to have a list of game currently in your quick review cache, and and
    ability to remove games from it :)
Thema:

Xbox Series X/S May update makes Quick Resume even faster

1. Xbox Series X/S May update makes Quick Resume even faster - Similar Threads - Series May update

2. How can I manually choose my storage in Series S?

in XboX Insiders
    How can I manually choose my storage in Series S?: Hello. I am using an external hdd to store some of my games. It is chosen as a default storage. However, sometimes I want to upload some other games to my internal storage. Can I choose it before...
  3. Joysticks and d-pad from my Xbox Series controller do not work on Xbox Cloud Gaming (with a...

in XboX Insiders
    Joysticks and d-pad from my Xbox Series controller do not work on Xbox Cloud Gaming (with a...: Hi ! I recently subscribed at Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. However,the joysticks and the d-pad do not work in game. I tried with 3 different controllers (all Xbox Series) and the same problem... The...
  4. Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 )

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 ): Hey everyone i hope you're having a good day. I have xbox series x and before i buy any tv for it, i did watched so many reviews on YouTube that said LG NANO86 can run the series x on 4K UHD at...
  5. XBOX SERIES S|X Disconnection Issue

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX SERIES S|X Disconnection Issue: They said in the last update that this would be fixed I just got my xbox series x in January 28th 2021, and every time I play PUBG (PLAYER UNKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS), or HITMAN 3, my headset (XBOX...
  6. Xbox Series X sent in for repair but it’s been 5 days with FedEx not receiving the package

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X sent in for repair but it’s been 5 days with FedEx not receiving the package: My Xbox said it left the service center and was shipped through FedEx. The tracking number shows FedEx has not received my package. Can I get some clarification on this? It showed shipped at 3...
  7. What Is The Time Limit On Xbox Series X Returns From Microsoft Store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What Is The Time Limit On Xbox Series X Returns From Microsoft Store?: I purchased my Xbox Series X in DEC, is that past the return date? 44e7f7ba-33ae-4782-890c-8f356f5bfb04
  8. Upgrading Evil May Cry 5 xbox one version to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading Evil May Cry 5 xbox one version to Xbox Series X: A few days ago my brother purchased Devil May Cry 5: Deluxe edition for me and sent the gift code. I redeemed it and wondered why it wasn't optimized for Series X. Today I found out he purchased...
  9. New episode of Inside Xbox is coming May 7th (it will include Series X games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New episode of Inside Xbox is coming May 7th (it will include Series X games): "You want to see games for the Xbox Series X? We want to show you games for the Xbox Series X. Check out First Look next-gen gameplay from our global developers partners within #InsideXbox on...
  10. Inside Xbox on May 7th (it will include Series X games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inside Xbox on May 7th (it will include Series X games): "You want to see games for the Xbox Series X? We want to show you games for the Xbox Series X. Check out First Look next-gen gameplay from our global developers partners within #InsideXbox on...