XBOX Series X/S USB Audio

Discus and support XBOX Series X/S USB Audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, do you plan to support USB Audio class driver (external DAC's) to xbox series X/S? It's annoying that you can't connect your favorite headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RicmanXFF, Jan 13, 2021.

1. RicmanXFF
    RicmanXFF Guest

Hello, do you plan to support USB Audio class driver (external DAC's) to xbox series X/S?
    It's annoying that you can't connect your favorite headset to it even through the optical port because it's missing. So the only solution is via USB but apparently does not support the USB audio class.........

:)

RicmanXFF, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  3. [Farscape] Win User

KINNECT

the xbox one s and the xbox one x need an adapter to make it usb and that also comes with its own power supply.

the xbox series s and x don't support kinect.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  5. THUND3R 4 Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-wont-have-spdif-optical-audio-or-ir-blaster

Nope. Confirmed by windows central series x WILL NOT have an optical port.

This is pretty damn poor from Microsoft. They have said all accessories for xbox one will work on series x. Wity this port missing this is not true. My £300 astro wireless headset will now no longer connect to the new console. I very much doubt astro could
    update it to work via USB only.

Pretty disappointed in this at the mo unless they come up with a fix so I still get the same great 3d audio from Dolby atmos and full chat using my a50's.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

New xbox

The Xbox Series S/X has 3 USB ports, just like the Xbox One. From the sound of it, you have the Xbox 360 S. If that is the case, the 2tb drive you own will work, only if the drive is a USB 3.0/3.1 drive. Please note, the only games that will work on the
    drive will be 0g Xbox games. Xbox 360 games & Xbox One games. Any series S/X games will have to be stored on the consoles own storage, which includes the consoles external SSD.
Thema:

1. XBOX Series X/S USB Audio - Similar Threads - Series USB Audio

2. How many watt or amp is the usb ports on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many watt or amp is the usb ports on series x?: Hello. I was wondering if the usb outlet on the series x have 1A or 2A when one use it as a charging port? Like an iphone charger have 1A/ 5w and ipad charger is 2A/ 12W so i was wondering what...
  3. XBOX Series X USB Controller Not Working

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X USB Controller Not Working: Alright. So I got this brand new xbox series x controller for christmas. And it has been having issues. I'd be playing games normally on my pc and all of a sudden my controller would stop working....
  4. Xbox Series S, 1914 controller disconnect if USB port use for charge NOT console accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, 1914 controller disconnect if USB port use for charge NOT console accessories: Hi! I have some problem. If I connect to one of USB-port Xbox Series S my Huawei Freebuds 3i headphones for charge it, controller have long connect to Xbox and disconnect after 3-5 second. It...
  5. Xbox series x/s USB audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x/s USB audio: Hi, Do we know anything as yet about USB audio? I've seen numerous 'partners' saying they can just update current usb headsets firmware to allow functionality on the xbox but are awaiting xbox's...
  6. Xbox Series X Audio-Out USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio-Out USB: Will there be any support for Audio-Out on the USB Port's of the xbox series x? I have the Hifiman Sundara's and the xbox controller is not sufficient to power these, nor is the amp/dac quality...
  7. The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling: I've been playing on Xbox consoles since the days of the original Halo, with the Playstation 2 being my last Sony console. Microsoft has dropped the ball with their prehistoric audio options, to...
  8. Does Xbox Series X support audio over USB bluetooth?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox Series X support audio over USB bluetooth?: I have a PS5 3D Pulse Headset I just bought and it works fine on PC and PS5 and it seemingly beeps when plugged into my Series x indicating a connection to the wireless usb dongle plugged into the...
  9. Audio over USB on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio over USB on Xbox Series X: Just got the xbox series x, and was under the impression that it supports audio over usb. I tried connecting the razer nari ultimate (for PC) to the xbox through USB, but it doesn't work. Am i...
  10. USB Audio (Mic and Headsets) on Xbox One or Xbox Series

in XboX Insiders
    USB Audio (Mic and Headsets) on Xbox One or Xbox Series: Are they any plans for USB Audio support on the Xbox One or Xbox Series of consoles in the future? submitted by /u/CTheStandard [link] [comments]