Xbox Series X shutting down when transferring apps

Discus and support Xbox Series X shutting down when transferring apps in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I'm on the latest Alpha OS and I was transferring about 6 apps that were on my WD external HDD over to the internal SSD. On the 5th one my Xbox just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dplex920, May 23, 2021.

1. /u/Dplex920
    /u/Dplex920 Guest

So I'm on the latest Alpha OS and I was transferring about 6 apps that were on my WD external HDD over to the internal SSD. On the 5th one my Xbox just shut itself off and when I powered it back on it would just shut down or freeze on the dash. I had to unplug the external HDD and do a restart for it to boot stable.

It's happened twice now and for some reason it's only with apps, transferring games hasn't caused this. I don't think it's the HDD, I've been using it with the console since November and this issue has just popped up.

submitted by /u/Dplex920
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dplex920, May 23, 2021
  2. ColeDeSilvey Win User

Account

Maybe Xbox Live is shutting down on the 360 to make way for the series x/series as s?
  3. Theisemil96nielsen Win User

Software bugs

My xbox series x is crashing when playing Anny game is started op it freezes after 2 minutes and shuts down can you tell when there will be a fix update for this best regards theis
  4. Reactor Leak SF Win User

How long xbox 360 servers is open?

The only reason I don’t think Xbox 360 servers will be shut down anytime soon, even after series X comes out, is that you still have games that I’ve just been added to backwards compatibility and those games will continue on when series X comes out. A
    lot of the backwards compatible games have multiplayer elements that need servers so it wouldn’t be a good idea to shut down games you just released.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  6. Jayz Deez Win User

Xbox Bacwards Compatibility

Unfortunately, I believe they shut it down late last year however with the upcoming realise of the Xbox Series X they will be opening back up to suggestions.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X shutting down when transferring apps - Similar Threads - Series shutting down

2. Xbox Series X(ASA Insider) keeps shutting down when playing CoD BO CW

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X(ASA Insider) keeps shutting down when playing CoD BO CW: (Possible Issue) too It keeps giving me a message that it shut down due to insufficient ventilation, but the Series X is on a table by itself with plenty of room for ventilation, any tips?...
  3. Xbox Series X shuts itself down 2021

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts itself down 2021: This is exactly the same issue that people are reporting since November 2020. It doesn't matter if the console is standing upright or laying on its side. It shuts off after 15 to 20 minutes of...
  4. Xbox Series x Shut down randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series x Shut down randomly: Alpha skip-ahead My xbox shut down randomly after a few secons or at least one minute submitted by /u/PrimeDarkTurbin [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Series X shut down problem. Chip Failure???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X shut down problem. Chip Failure???: Hello everyone I have been having this problem where my series X will cut off when I play online games. This is weird because I can play offline all day long no cut off but if I try to play online...
  6. When i start "Flight simulator" or "Dirt5" my Xbox Series X shuts down.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i start "Flight simulator" or "Dirt5" my Xbox Series X shuts down.: Hi, When i start Flight simulator or dirt5 my Xbox series X shuts down. I've already tried unistalling the games and returning the console to factory settings but it didn't resolve. This...
  7. Xbox Series X Keeps Shutting Down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Keeps Shutting Down: Every time I start to play a game on my Xbox Series X, the console shuts down without fail. I knew it was not a heating problem as I had just turned on the console. The console itself is located...
  8. Xbox Series X still shuts down by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X still shuts down by itself: How can I stop the random shut downs? Is it the game or a faulty console? Already tried everything I could and got a replacement console from microsoft, which still turns off. Somehow it's even...
  9. Xbox series x shuts down by itself after turning on the controller from the Xbox being idle

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x shuts down by itself after turning on the controller from the Xbox being idle: I use twitch to fall asleep and when the streamer ends stream and when there's no sound, my Xbox goes idle and when I wake up to turn on the controller the Xbox shuts down by itself submitted by...
  10. My xbox series x freezes and shuts down in any game

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox series x freezes and shuts down in any game: ^ I have tried both the Halo MMC and Ori submitted by /u/Celafo [link] [comments]