Xbox Series X Skype Issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X Skype Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has anyone else been having problems with Skype for Xbox Series X? The video crashes over an extended video chat (20 min+) and at times when starting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zedwin, Feb 23, 2021.

1. zedwin
    zedwin Guest

Has anyone else been having problems with Skype for Xbox Series X?

The video crashes over an extended video chat (20 min+) and at times when starting a video call the audio/mic will give off a loud repeated noise (like drilling) that can only be heard on the other side.

When the Video hangs, the entire Xbox slows down and the UI runs at less than half speed with delays when clicking icons. Only way to solve is to hard shut down and turn the system back on, soft reboot doesn't fix the problem. On the audio side, if I unplug and plug the camera back in the audio works again.

These issues show up randomly. I have tried both the Logitech 930e and the Brio cameras, both have this issue. This is a bummer since my original Xbox One with Kinect worked great.

Thanks!

:)

zedwin, Feb 23, 2021
  2. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

Series X name is destined to cause issues, both for sales and legally.

I don't think it'll be that big on an issue since it's not Xbox One Series X just Xbox Series X. I did wish it was called Xbox Infinite though.
  3. IDecx Win User

Xbox One X Shuts down due to "Lack Of ventilation"

Read the Console im having issue with Xbox >ONE< x NOT the series X
  4. CCN_HsK Win User

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again

We don't sure Xbox Series X release day.

But, 2077 will support Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

Will not Xbox Series X only
  5. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Best xbox one controller?

i have the standard issue for xbox one x an elite series 1 and an elite series 2 and i can honestly say the elite series are worth the money
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Would the name Xbox Series 4X be better?

Possibly but the name of the console is not really an issue for me. The performance and lack of issues are my main concerns.
    Yeah I agree for the most part. For me, it mainly comes down to the games and features.

I don't have an issue with them calling this new console "Xbox", even though the first one was called the same thing. Using a model number, like "Series X or S" does help; however, it does run into the issue of being too similar with the Xbox One X or S.

Maybe the next Xbox, the one after the Xbox Series X, is called Xbox Series 2X, XS, X Pro, etc?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Skype Issues - Similar Threads - Series Skype Issues

2. Xbox Series X Disconnecting From WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Disconnecting From WiFi: I preordered my Xbox Series X and it has been constantly disconnecting from WiFi in the middle of games. It has gotten to the point where it is almost unplayable. I have no way to make my...
  3. Xbox Series X deleting game progress

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X deleting game progress: Playing Fenyx Immortals Rising - Progress in my games keeps being deleted. Neither the auto save or the manual save has kept my progress so my current game has been sent back several achievements...
  4. Can't find purchased movies on series x dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find purchased movies on series x dashboard: I recently purchased a collection of movies that was on sale with game pass ultimate, on my series x. Now i can't find those movies anywhere within the series x dashboard. I received a...
  5. COD Cold War series X version (disc) not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Cold War series X version (disc) not working: Finally got Black Ops cold war working again after first crashing my console (Series X) a bunch of times and not being able to play at all for several weeks. I have the disc version and also...
  6. Xbox Series X overheating and shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X overheating and shutting down: I have been trying for days to get a live tech support person on the phone, which leads me to the website, which tells me no calls or messaging support is available for my request. It is extremely...
  7. Xbox Series X sync data for Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X sync data for Forza Horizon 4: Hi, bought a Series X and cant start Forza Horizon 4. The "Sync for Forza Horizon 4...." Is on 0% for hours. Didnt seem to do anything. And yes everything is freshly installed and updated. Is...
  8. Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video: Hi Microsoft, I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems to occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call. This...
  9. Skype crashing in Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype crashing in Xbox Series X: Whenever I try to make a group video call, it displays and error after 5-10 sec and need to restart the app. Same thibg happening again and again, any workaround?...
  10. Skype on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype on the Xbox Series X: How do I setup Skype on the Xbox Series X? I tried to hook up my Kinect, but the camera isn't recognized at all. Is there another solution? Webcam, or some workaround to enable the Kinect camera?...