Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle

Discus and support Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new xbox series x and the elite 2 controller and when the xbox is sitting idle for longer than 20 min ill pick up the controller and turn it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IRONLUNG TEX, Nov 22, 2020.

1. IRONLUNG TEX
    IRONLUNG TEX Guest

I have a new xbox series x and the elite 2 controller and when the xbox is sitting idle for longer than 20 min ill pick up the controller and turn it on but the controller is not being recognized or is locked or something idk but it is very fustrating
    and i have to hard reset my xbox and then restart it up. Which on the start up the controller will turn it on and work fine until i let sit idle and have to repeat process.

:)

IRONLUNG TEX, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Korhog Win User

Xbox Elite series 2 - White edition

white edition of the elite 2 controller shoud be released only after xbox series x white edition)
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Elite série 2[Xbox Elite series 2]

Hello _Cristophe-,

Thank you for your post. The Xbox Series X will allow for backward compatibility with Xbox One controllers, meaning an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 will work as normal with the Series X.

I hope this helps!
  4. Tomesso Win User

Best xbox one controller?

Elite Series 2 is an amazing controller. And you'll be able to use it on Series X as well.
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

why are xbox one controllers so faulty and wear out fast and unreliable compared to other xbox controller generatioms

All my controllers from Xbox One to X and Elite 1 & 2 still work and have no faults mechanically. Elite Series 1 my grips came off after two years of abuse. Other than that no problems.
  6. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle - Similar Threads - series stops recognizing

2. Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working: So this is the second controller this has happened to. I’ll go to start my Xbox with the controller as usual, and that works fine. But then once the Xbox is on, the controller is useless. It’s...
  3. Series X left bumper stopped working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Series X left bumper stopped working: Hi all, I've only had my XSX since May and now the left bumper has stopped working. Its still under warranty however I purchased it from Currys PC World, would they be able to help with a...
  4. A big problem the xbox series x dashboard version and stops at version 210608-1700

in XboX Insiders
    A big problem the xbox series x dashboard version and stops at version 210608-1700: Hi for two weeks I have bought my xbox x series and have rechecked several problems with audio in the dashboard and in the chat groups. I then decided to do a hard rest to factory settings of my...
  5. Xbox series X usb ports stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X usb ports stopped working: Hey, last night i powered off my series x and upon waking up the controller i had plugged in via usb wasn't responding and i discovered after plugging the cable into my phone that the port was the...
  6. xbox series x couldn't stop startup sound and it scared my daughter

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x couldn't stop startup sound and it scared my daughter: I had set "Settings > Power & Startup > Power mode & Startup " ,chime to off and energy-saving power mode.But it didn't work! On xsx startup, the sound occurred at the black xbox icon appearing....
  7. stop forcing series X game updates and make it an option

in XBoX on Consoles
    stop forcing series X game updates and make it an option: what is it with this lot forcing updates just because we have a series X it should be an option , i,e nearly finished avengers on my old S from my external drive yet now it wants an 108gb update...
  8. my xbox series x controller sudddenly stopped connecting to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox series x controller sudddenly stopped connecting to pc: so i have been using my xbox series x controller with my pc fine for about a few months with no problems over Bluetooth until one day i was starting up a new game shadow of the tomb raider , the...
  9. Series X Completely stops working if it has more than one update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Completely stops working if it has more than one update: Everytime I have more than one update. My xbox stops updating, i cannot launch a game I cannot pause update. I can navigate the xbox but not.play a game. For $400 it should be able to update...
  10. Xbox Series X fan stopped working after strange sound and shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan stopped working after strange sound and shutting off.: So I was playing Warframe and after completing a mission, my Xbox began making a strange sound and randomly shut off, now the fan doesn't work, is the fan broken or need to cool down?...