Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle

Discus and support Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new xbox series x and the elite 2 controller and when the xbox is sitting idle for longer than 20 min ill pick up the controller and turn it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IRONLUNG TEX, Nov 22, 2020.

1. IRONLUNG TEX
    IRONLUNG TEX Guest

I have a new xbox series x and the elite 2 controller and when the xbox is sitting idle for longer than 20 min ill pick up the controller and turn it on but the controller is not being recognized or is locked or something idk but it is very fustrating
    and i have to hard reset my xbox and then restart it up. Which on the start up the controller will turn it on and work fine until i let sit idle and have to repeat process.

:)

IRONLUNG TEX, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Korhog Win User

Xbox Elite series 2 - White edition

white edition of the elite 2 controller shoud be released only after xbox series x white edition)
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Elite série 2[Xbox Elite series 2]

Hello _Cristophe-,

Thank you for your post. The Xbox Series X will allow for backward compatibility with Xbox One controllers, meaning an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 will work as normal with the Series X.

I hope this helps!
  4. Tomesso Win User

Best xbox one controller?

Elite Series 2 is an amazing controller. And you'll be able to use it on Series X as well.
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

why are xbox one controllers so faulty and wear out fast and unreliable compared to other xbox controller generatioms

All my controllers from Xbox One to X and Elite 1 & 2 still work and have no faults mechanically. Elite Series 1 my grips came off after two years of abuse. Other than that no problems.
  6. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle - Similar Threads - series stops recognizing

2. Xbox Series X Notification Sound Stopped Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Notification Sound Stopped Working: The sound notifications when you get a party invite or game invite used to be there until a few days ago. I get the notification but no sound. does anyone know a fix for this?...
  3. Anyone know when the update to stop series x shutting down and crashing is coming out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know when the update to stop series x shutting down and crashing is coming out?: Only happened a few times but it is annoying 9d31aa3b-4244-4153-84a7-59d42645ea64
  4. Xbox Series S randomly stops my recordings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S randomly stops my recordings: Hello everyone, so I've been trying to record some gameplay in my Xbox Series S, I'm using an external 3.0 usb drive, I should be able record up to one hour, but it just randomly stops the...
  5. Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working: Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working. At random moments when playing different games on the new Xbox Series X I will lose connection to my Xbox One Controller which is plugged in through...
  6. Xbox Series X Stops in middle of game; controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Stops in middle of game; controller issues: Xbox series X stops on middle of game; returning to Home Screen. Also New Controller won’t stay connected; started using old controller instead. Don’t want to send back given there isn’t...
  7. Xbox Series X turns off when I stop using the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off when I stop using the controller: Had my Series X delivered today, took the last 7 hours to set it up because it kept turning off. I've eventually figured out that it only stays on if there's some controller input... anyone else?...
  8. XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working: The ethernet port intermittently stops working on the xbox series x console after i restart the console. I have to do a power cycle of the console, to get it working. Power cycling only the modem...
  9. RB button on Elite Series 2 stops functioning

in XBoX on Consoles
    RB button on Elite Series 2 stops functioning: This is the second controller to do it. Purchased May 15 and lightly used. Microsoft has no hardware support right now, calling gets me transferred between reps who just tell me they can't help me...
  10. Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.: Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset, but I have tried the headset on other...