Xbox Series X stuck in 640 x 680 resolution

Discus and support Xbox Series X stuck in 640 x 680 resolution in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a xbox series x and am using a LG C9 updated to the latest firmware. When i turn the xbox on it defaults to a resolution of 640 x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SPARKS182, Nov 22, 2020.

1. SPARKS182
    SPARKS182 Guest

I recently bought a xbox series x and am using a LG C9 updated to the latest firmware.

When i turn the xbox on it defaults to a resolution of 640 x 480 with no other options to change to other resoloutions, if i change the settings from “ autodetect” on the xbox to “hdmi” or “dvi” i am able to obtain resolutions of 720p, 1080p and 1440p however
    there is no option for 4k.

Im using the HDMI cable that came with the xbox and have also tried other 2.1 cables to no avail. I also have a playstation 4 pro, apple tv and nvidia shield occupying the the other HDMI ports and these all display in 4k fine and exhibit no issues at all.

Ive tried the following troubleshooting:

* Reseting xbox to factory settings

* Power cycling the xbox and tv

* toggeling “ deep colour” on the tv settings

* changing up hdmi ports

* tried using a hdmi switch (this was reccomended on another forum)

Im fraustrated as it seems to be an issue related to the xbox and c9, where as all my other gadgets work fine. I note this issue is popping up on other forums now but no one seems to have a work around.

Has anyone had this issue or succefuly resolved it?

:)

SPARKS182, Nov 22, 2020
  2. KGC _363 Win User

XBOX One “No signal”

It will not work on any other resolution besides the lowest one (640 x 480)
  3. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

The Series X supports 1080P resolution in the settings same as Xbox One and One X. Games on Series X will still render in 4K, but will downscale to whatever display you have. There won't be any loss in quality at all.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X - 1440p?

Hi,

The maximum supported resolution of Series S will be 1440P. Series X just like the Xbox One X before it will support 1440P too.

It will work on your monitor, don't worry.
  6. DominumStige Win User

Xbox Series X supported graphics

Hi!

Of course, 1080p (full-hd) resolution is supported by the Xbox Series X.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X stuck in 640 x 680 resolution - Similar Threads - Series stuck 640

2. Xbox Series X Stuck at 640x480 resolution under settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Stuck at 640x480 resolution under settings: I have a new Xbox series X connected to the LG CX television using the HDMI cord provided with the console, but at times when I turn it on, I find the resolution stuck at 640x480. Sometimes a...
  3. Series S FH4 stuck on pause, menu gui does not show up

in XboX Insiders
    Series S FH4 stuck on pause, menu gui does not show up: Sometimes when I press pause button the game gets paused but the menu does not show up. I have to quit the game to fix it. Has anyone else been having this issue? Btw I have my series S plugged...
  4. Xbox Elite series 2 Update Stuck

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 Update Stuck: Hi I need help, I downloaded the xbox accessories app and it asks to update the controller, it has been stuck in 0 for a few hours now and I am in the latest version of windows, and also microsoft...
  5. Xbox Series X Cloud Saves Stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Cloud Saves Stuck: Hi, just wondering if anyone has a workaround for this issue. I’m currently trying to sync my WWE 2k19 saves on the Series X but it keeps getting stuck at 54%, ive tried with the game installed...
  6. Xbox series X order stuck on "pending"

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox series X order stuck on "pending": stayed up past midnight on launch day to order the new series X. got the console, a spare controller, and a protective plan. the console and the protection plan have been sruck on pending, and...
  7. Xbox series x stuck on system update. Turns off at 92%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x stuck on system update. Turns off at 92%: The initial xbox series x system update gets to 92%, then shuts down the console. After turning back on, it resumes at 75% and behaves the same. Please help. c46b40ea-76f7-421e-a4e1-de57c7f762c1
  8. Xbox Series X Stuck on 15%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Stuck on 15%: My Xbox Series X is stuck on downloading the start update and I have reset my wifi and the xbox loads of times but nothing happens anybody have any idea how to solve this?...
  9. Elite controller series 2 power button stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2 power button stuck: I bought an open box elite controller series 2 from best buy and it showed up defective. The power button for the controller is jammed in so it won't power on. I realize I can just return it to...
  10. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller Bricked

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Controller Bricked: Hi, I have just purchased an elite series 2 controller about a week ago. Everything was fine, then all of the sudden ALL buttons stopped responding, including the sync button. Again this...