Xbox Series X taking forever to boot games

Discus and support Xbox Series X taking forever to boot games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I go to play games, it takes my Series X 10-20 seconds to boot certain games to their load screens. This is something that never used to happen.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Default__30, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Default__30
    Default__30 Guest

When I go to play games, it takes my Series X 10-20 seconds to boot certain games to their load screens. This is something that never used to happen. I’m staying somewhere with very slow Internet (less than 10mbps down), as well as both double and strict NAT so I’m not sure if that has something to do with the slow game booting that’s going on. Any ideas?

I’ve tried power cycling, factory reset, clearing the cache…nothing seems to fix it.

:)

Default__30, Nov 10, 2021
  2. I'mAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've experienced the same thing to be honest and one factor that affects this is your network connection so you need to make sure that it's strong and reliable. I also suggest to do some port forwarding for your NAT Type.

A network port by the way lets your Xbox console communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox consoles over the internet.

To let your Xbox console communicate with Xbox Live, your Internet service provider might need to open or forward ports, which means they'll be making a configuration change to your firewall or network hardware, such as a router. Port forwarding for Xbox is done on your router or other network hardware, not on the Xbox console itself.

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
  3. Default__30 Win User

Thanks for your reply, I will try to forward all the ports you mentioned. I’ve done port forwarding before, but never with double nat. Fingers crossed it works!
  4. Peter R Fleming Win User

Nba 2k21

Sorry but 2k has not announced cross-play for the game.

Since you have to pay for the game separately on both consoles I doubt they will have Xbox One and Xbox Series X crossplay.

Before someone says If you buy NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition you get the Xbox Series X version. Yes, that edition bundles both the Xbox One version and the Xbox Series X version but is not a free upgrade or the same game.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Taking Forever to Boot Up or Respond

I'm sorry your having problems with your console. Here are some things you can try.

Try clearing your storage device cache:http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache

Try deleting your profile and downloading a fresh one:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete
    Please follow the instructions exactly on that one. You only need to delete your profile. If you do it wrong, you can accidentally delete your save games and downloads!

Does your console have a hard drive? If you remove the hard drive, does the dashboard load up quickly now?
  6. Kitchen247 Win User

Takes forever to boot, no apps will start

I am also having the same problem. I tried to play Black ops 2 and it started to load and it had the loading icon in the bottom right but when it went away it froze my entire Xbox and I've tried several ways that friends have told me but this has never happened
    to them. It puts a little number up in the top right when it freezes and I think it says "33 0-1" or "38 0-1". I'm not sure if that means anything.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X taking forever to boot games - Similar Threads - Series taking forever

2. Screenshot not taking on Xbox Series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screenshot not taking on Xbox Series s: If I press the screenshot button it says “screenshot failed [0x82323018]” And doesn’t take one how do I fix? e310ccf3-9910-4dad-a508-9aed46b265f8
  3. My series s takes about 5 minutes to shutdown

in XboX Insiders
    My series s takes about 5 minutes to shutdown: It has never done this until maybe a week ago. submitted by /u/Iamnotwyattearp [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series x taking long to start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x taking long to start up: Since the most recent update a couple of days ago. Now when I power on my Xbox series x the Xbox logo animation start up takes forever to bring me to the Xbox dashboard. I've tried a hard rest...
  5. Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with...: I have no idea what is going on, it only does this when I'm connected with Bluetooth on pc. I don't have an Xbox available to me to see if it does the same on there and it works just fine when I...
  6. Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box: I have a series X and the controller that comes with it. I also use Panasonic Eneloop Pro. Distance between me and the box is perhaps 8~10 ft When I turn on the controller, most of the times it...
  7. Xbox series x not loading games and taking long to open them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x not loading games and taking long to open them: My Xbox series x has recently not been able to start any games with it constantly saying game has taken to long to start when I try to reload the game I will be kept on the Home Screen for 2...
  8. Xbox series x controller take screen shots without pressing the button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller take screen shots without pressing the button: Recently when playing Destiny 2 the controller is taking screen shots and games sharing without pressing the button, after i disable the función is appearing on the screen that screen shot have...
  9. How long do series x repairs take lately

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long do series x repairs take lately: Does anyone know how long it takes to get a xbox series x repaired it got delivered on a Friday morning and now it's Monday evening and it still hasn't even shown that it's been received I'm just...
  10. It takes forever for my console to connect to internet (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    It takes forever for my console to connect to internet (Xbox Series X): Hi, I installed my new XboX Sereis X and noticed that it takes around 10 mins to connect to the internet and Xbox Live, I had the same issue with my older Xbox one but it was less than 10 mins....