Xbox series x taking long to start up

Discus and support Xbox series x taking long to start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the most recent update a couple of days ago. Now when I power on my Xbox series x the Xbox logo animation start up takes forever to bring me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by COKEBOYJAY88, Dec 14, 2021.

1. COKEBOYJAY88
    COKEBOYJAY88 Guest

Since the most recent update a couple of days ago. Now when I power on my Xbox series x the Xbox logo animation start up takes forever to bring me to the Xbox dashboard. I've tried a hard rest I've tried a full console reset I've tried two different TVs I've tried different HDMI cables and nothing seems to work not even the 10 second power button hold. It does this on and off but it's very frustrating. I wish I could upload a video to give you guys a better look at this issue. Also while it's stuck on the Xbox logo start up screen I can see white flashes around the Xbox logo. Not the normal Xbox loading flashes don't want to send my console in as it might take long to get back to me anyone else having this issue thanks

:)

COKEBOYJAY88, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Jay welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Well in these cases I suggest the following:

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox taking long to start up

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with the Xbox taking long to
    start up. I recommend to troubleshoot the console by disconnecting and reconnecting your console's power cable.

Check out this resource:
    How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console (Disconnect
    and reconnect your console's power cable).

Try this and let us know the results.
  4. PoorPrince-FA1EF6B3- Win User

Xbox is taking a long time to start up?

Do you have kinect...uh connected? I had same problem, unplugged kinect and it boots normally.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Are you able to use a USB drive in lieu of the hdd? Perhaps the hard drive is just going faulty. I had one hdd do the same sluggish stuff before and everytime I could make it to storage under settings and begin deleting the corruption it would either freeze
    in mid deletion or the corruption would return the next time I would boot the console. It kept happening until the hdd caused a general hardware failure known as E68, which relates to a bad hdd. Try a different hard drive or a USB thumbdrive and recover your
    gamertag to the new device. Then boot the console into Xbox live and see if that solves the issue. This will determine if it's the console, hdd or network.
  6. Turbojib Win User

I've been having the same problem with my 4 gb 360. It takes 15 minutes to get to the dashboard and another 5 to read a game, even if the game is on the HDD. It also will no longer go on Xbox Live but goes on the internet just fine. I have done all of the
    above too with no changes. By the way this is my 3rd console, the 2nd slim.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x taking long to start up - Similar Threads - series taking long

2. Screenshot not taking on Xbox Series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screenshot not taking on Xbox Series s: If I press the screenshot button it says “screenshot failed [0x82323018]” And doesn’t take one how do I fix? e310ccf3-9910-4dad-a508-9aed46b265f8
  3. My series s takes about 5 minutes to shutdown

in XboX Insiders
    My series s takes about 5 minutes to shutdown: It has never done this until maybe a week ago. submitted by /u/Iamnotwyattearp [link] [comments]
  4. Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with...: I have no idea what is going on, it only does this when I'm connected with Bluetooth on pc. I don't have an Xbox available to me to see if it does the same on there and it works just fine when I...
  5. Xbox Series X taking forever to boot games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X taking forever to boot games: When I go to play games, it takes my Series X 10-20 seconds to boot certain games to their load screens. This is something that never used to happen. I’m staying somewhere with very slow Internet...
  6. Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box: I have a series X and the controller that comes with it. I also use Panasonic Eneloop Pro. Distance between me and the box is perhaps 8~10 ft When I turn on the controller, most of the times it...
  7. Xbox series x not loading games and taking long to open them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x not loading games and taking long to open them: My Xbox series x has recently not been able to start any games with it constantly saying game has taken to long to start when I try to reload the game I will be kept on the Home Screen for 2...
  8. How long do series x repairs take lately

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long do series x repairs take lately: Does anyone know how long it takes to get a xbox series x repaired it got delivered on a Friday morning and now it's Monday evening and it still hasn't even shown that it's been received I'm just...
  9. How long will an Xbox Series X repair take with COVID 19 as a factor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long will an Xbox Series X repair take with COVID 19 as a factor?: I just opened my Xbox Series X 2 days ago and worked perfectly fine, but the next morning while playing Forza it bricked and never turned back on. I did the troubleshooting and no luck. So I was...
  10. ¿Cuánto tardan en reparar un control xbox elite series 2?[How long does it take to repair...

in XBoX on Windows
    ¿Cuánto tardan en reparar un control xbox elite series 2?[How long does it take to repair...: Hace 3 semanas que ya llegó al centro de servicio pero no me han dado respuesta o dado alguna actualización con mi control. [Translation-It has been 3 weeks since it arrived at the service center...