Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.

Discus and support Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Series X keeps thinking its wired via ethernet cable when its not, so wont let me connect with WiFi. A power cycle restart fixes it, but when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jimbo360, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Jimbo360
    Jimbo360 Guest

My Xbox Series X keeps thinking its wired via ethernet cable when its not, so wont let me connect with WiFi. A power cycle restart fixes it, but when i turn it off and back on later to play it thinks its wired again. Ive tried plugging in a ethernet cable
    and the unplugging it, didnt change anything. Ive factory reset the console several times and hasnt helped. On the inital setup of the console out of the box it also thought it was “wired”.

:)

Jimbo360, Nov 11, 2020
  2. DrOxygen08 Win User

I have the same problem. If my internet cable is plugged in I can't login to Microsoft. Going wireless does work. My XBOX also said my cabe was plugged in when it was not. To fix I turn off the console and unplug from the wall for about a minute. When
    turned back on it fixed the problem.

Good Luck!
  3. Blackhawks1009 Win User

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
  4. cristian cubo Win User

Please help! Cannot connect to internet

I have a problem with my console, I hava a connection of ethernet cable, but I try to start secion but the xbox says I don´t have a cable connected, I conect my xbox in a other plase and says the same. I´m mexican, sorry if my eanglish
    isn´t understood
  5. DeeJayD81 Win User

XBOX Series X - WiFi issue

I have the EXACT same issue.

Comcast Xfinity Cable/Modem

I have tried both 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

NAT is open

Change the channel on both frequencies to a less crowded one

Port forwarded all xbox live ports

Unplugged and Rebooted BOTH series x and router

Setup static IP

Factory reset series x twice

In advanced network settings and statistics (when on WiFi) on Series X

I have 100% signal strength

Latency is 197ms

0.01 Mbps download

0.14 Mbps upload

51% packet loss

Series X is 10 feet from the router in the same room

Nothing works. The instant I plug in an ethernet cable everything is fine, except now I have an ethernet cable cutting the room in half across the floor.

All other devices (consoles, laptops, iPhones, iPads, smart TVs) are working perfectly on WiFi.

If someone else has something else to try I would love to hear it
  6. Dark Revenants Win User

Ethernet port messing up

I still think something is messed up with the Xbox because it was definitely not working but now I have an Ethernet cable plugged in and it seems to be working fine...can't wait until Xbox one x so I can replace this thing lol
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t. - Similar Threads - Series thinks Ethernet

2. Cobtroller wont turn on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cobtroller wont turn on series x: Ive set up my new controller to turn my series x on and off but it doesnt work. No matter ehat its set to it just wont turn it on or off ae9cd04f-a3ef-4870-a90b-4cba66af7013
  3. Series X blinking light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X blinking light: The power button on my Series X is blinking 3 times, a few times in a row upon startup. The color is normal, white. It wasn't doing this before and at first I thought it may have just been...
  4. Forza Hub app won't install on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Hub app won't install on Series X: After picking up my Series X I started to reinstall my games and apps but for some reason the Forza Hub app keeps failing... It downloads about half of the supposed 34Mb of data, tries to install...
  5. Series x crashing turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x crashing turning off: My xbox series x is crashing and shutting down when playing games also some graphical issues aswell like flickering screen have video proof of this ive reset to factory settings aswell...
  6. Xbox One (Series X I think) Controller showing up and functioning as two.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One (Series X I think) Controller showing up and functioning as two.: So, I just bought this one. In fact, it just arrived a couple of hours ago. Now I won't even begin to complain that the cable for the charge kit and the port on the controller don't match because...
  7. Do you think xbox series will have insider rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Do you think xbox series will have insider rings?: I love being an insider so I can test stuff and get new features before public. I hope rings will be on the series too. What do you think? submitted by /u/joshmary1 [link] [comments]
  8. Do you think Series X games will be streamed to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you think Series X games will be streamed to Xbox One?: So, with XCloud releasing to the public via Game Pass Ultimate, and the Xbox Series X coming soon, do you think that Xbox Series X games will be streamed to Xbox One and/or streaming boxes like...
  9. Do you think that the Xbox Series X will have more versions like the Xbox one had an Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Do you think that the Xbox Series X will have more versions like the Xbox one had an Xbox...: I’m thinking about this and wondering if I should wait and see because when the Xbox one came out, there was then an Xbox one s which was better later on! submitted by /u/Hogdawg64 [link]...
  10. Why do you think the Batman Arkham series developers created the big-head mode?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you think the Batman Arkham series developers created the big-head mode?: I bet it's mostly for the player's amusements, but what do you guys say? a898ce86-839e-45ee-8cb8-4a7e52ebfa7f