Xbox series X ticking sound

Discus and support Xbox series X ticking sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series X since May 2021 , the console has been working fine and i have took care of it , fully shutting it down , covering it from dust... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoZaki87, Jan 23, 2022.

1. MoZaki87
    MoZaki87 Guest

I have an Xbox series X since May 2021 , the console has been working fine and i have took care of it , fully shutting it down , covering it from dust and perventing dust as hard as i can not to enter through the vents . since a month ago i have noticed this cricket like ticking sound coming from the cooling vent when i put my ear close to it you can also check the video for the same issue its for series s but i have the same problem with my series x fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGEMoXItE84

you can youtube it xbox series s cooler ticking , if you don't want to click the link

my question is , i live in egypt and we do not have microsoft support here and sending my xbox out all the way to america or europe is not an option due to shipping expenses .

can i live with this ticking sound , or it might be very damaging on the long term for the xbox and the fan might break or work poorly and damage the xbox components ?

Please help especially those who faced cooling fan noises and decided to not address the problem

thank you very much un advance

:)

MoZaki87, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

I have the Series X and the One X presently. I don't have the tickling issue though but I searched on YouTube like you said and in my experience, it isn't something to worry about.
  3. MoZaki87 Win User

thank you for your quick response just few more questions and sorry if i bother you with that lol

1- what model of xbox do you have ?

2- how long have you owned that console ?

3- have you experinced such problem like the one i'm facing in any of your xbox console ?

thank you again <3
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Yes, you can live with that, I could barely hear it. I don't think it is a big issue that you should be very concerned about.
  5. RWillows Win User

Xbox Series X loud ticking sound

My new Xbox Series X is doing the exact same thing! It only seems to be happening when it's downloading. When it installs the update, it gets quiet again. It's really annoying!
    Its strange as it has actually stopped now but it is idle on the home screen..

spoke with an xbox person via the chat and they advised it wasnt ventillated but it is in a unit with plenty of small and no issue for my previous Xbox One!
  6. shaun wilke Win User

Xbox Series X loud ticking sound

My new Xbox Series X is doing the exact same thing! It only seems to be happening when it's downloading. When it installs the update, it gets quiet again. It's really annoying!
Thema:

1. Xbox series X ticking sound - Similar Threads - series ticking sound

2. I spilled coca cola and it touched the front of my series s will it have any short term or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilled coca cola and it touched the front of my series s will it have any short term or...: Will there be any short or long term effects? daa68125-3667-42cd-af46-79ea073261eb
  3. classic doom the psx version on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    classic doom the psx version on xbox series x: we need the real classic doom on xbox the psx version not this one available on the store please this game i better the new doom the scary music and weapons sounds even the devil's submitted by...
  4. Is Cloud gaming not possible on the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Cloud gaming not possible on the series x?: I’m having issues accessing the cloud gaming feature on the xbox game pass. submitted by /u/Imperial_Sharky [link] [comments]
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S: I have the Wireless Display App installed on my XBox series S and my PC is connected via wireless on the same SSID but when I press 'Windows P' and 'Connect to a wireless display', I can only see...
  6. I have a Xbox series s and I downloaded NBA2k 18 to play but it’s stuck on the downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Xbox series s and I downloaded NBA2k 18 to play but it’s stuck on the downloading...: I have a Xbox series s and I downloaded NBA2k 18 its stuck on the downloading game updates what do I do 5c717818-5e5a-48ba-aa20-3fcfe1c4aa1e
  7. Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.: I've had my Series X since launch day, and when I first got it the console was super quiet and didn't make any noise. However, as of recently, my Series X makes a buzzing noise while sitting idle...
  8. Xbox Series S Fan 'Ticking' Noise HELP HELP HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Fan 'Ticking' Noise HELP HELP HELP: Bought a Series S just before Christmas and have noticed that every now and then the fan makes a very light 'ticking' sound, and I have heard stories and seen videos of peoples Series S consoles...
  9. Xbox Series X ticking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X ticking noise: So, I just picked up my new Xbox series X last night, when i turn it on and the fan starts up, it makes a ticking noise like it's hitting something, if I lay it on the side it stops, but I just...
  10. Xbox Series X loud ticking sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X loud ticking sound: Hi, i have only had the new console about an hour (to download updates) and my console is making a loud ticking noise. Suspected this may be the disc drive so took the disc out - this didnt work....