Xbox Series X turns my TV on yet no signal detected

Discus and support Xbox Series X turns my TV on yet no signal detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hold the button on my controller to turn on the Xbox, the Xbox and attach TV both turn on. The TV does not automatically switch to the HDMI where the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Numerican Pi, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Numerican Pi
    Numerican Pi Guest

I hold the button on my controller to turn on the Xbox, the Xbox and attach TV both turn on. The TV does not automatically switch to the HDMI where the Xbox is plugged in. When I manually switch to the HDMI where the Xbox is plugged in, the TV says no signal detected. If I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in Nothing happens. If I manually power off the Xbox by holding the button and press the button to turn the Xbox back on it works fine.

The Xbox should and used to function properly by turning on, causing the TV to switch to the proper HDMI and displaying on the TV as soon as I Power the Xbox on with the button on my controller.

The failure started yesterday, after which I switched HDMI cables and ports by simply unplugging the HDMI from my PS5 and plugging it into the Xbox. That made no difference so we can rule out any HDMI issue aside from a software or hardware issue with the Xbox itself related to HDMI.

How do I get my Xbox to function properly as all of yours do and as it did two days ago? Was there an update that I was unaware of that may have contributed to this issue?

:)

Numerican Pi, Sep 18, 2022
  2. jori12 Win User

TV turning OFF while using X Box X

Hi,

yes i was able to find that setting for the TV and turnet it OFF. It say after 10minutes turn TV OFF if no signal is detected.

i called Vizio and they send a tech to replace the TV board but is still turning OFF after 19minues most of the time.

it is weird that the timing is almost the same. That why i think it have to be the X Box.

i am not sure what to try next.
  3. craigctb Win User

Cox Contour (Record 6) Receiver Issues

Last night the temporary fix did not work. I kept getting the "X Box can not detect your TV signal"...nothing worked and I ended up having to go directly through my cable box, which did work, so obviously there is a TV signal. Also when shutting down the
    xbox the white light continued to flash and did not turn off...not sure what that is all about. At any rate this is becoming a real hassle considering I have the Xbox One connected to my primary TV, especially when it all worked fine from January up to a couple
    of weeks ago just fine.
  4. VincentArriola Win User

Turning on my Xbox turns my TV OFF!

Yes. The XB1 does not detect whether or not your TV/Cable box is already on or not. It just sends the Power signal whenever you turn it on or off.
  5. BinaryXtreme Win User

We've lost your tv signal

After updates, my TV signal is delayed but if I wait a minute or so it detects the signal and it's fine from there. Otherwise my system runs perfect.
  6. wmscan1 Win User

Power up/ update issue

Thanks. I'm playing on Xbox one. TV not detecting a signal from the Xbox. The option you suggested resolved my issue. Thank you.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X turns my TV on yet no signal detected - Similar Threads - Series turns yet

2. Xbox Series X turn off by itself while playing specific games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X turn off by itself while playing specific games: I bought a new Xbox Series X, but she got few problems, when i start specific games like Warzone, Subnautica, Rainbow Six the Xbox turn off by itslef after like 5 minutes in the game. But when i...
  3. Xbox series X ports not working when Xbox is turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X ports not working when Xbox is turned off: I used to use my Xbox port for charging my headset at night, but lately my headset hasn't been charging when the Xbox is turned off. After further testing, the ports seem to work just fine when...
  4. Xbox series x controller not turning off after system shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller not turning off after system shut down: when i shut down the Xbox series x, it wont shut down the controller. If i press the controller button to turn on the xbox it wont turn it on. The controller turns on xbox if i unplug power for...
  5. Series X won't turn off controller

in XboX Insiders
    Series X won't turn off controller: I want to know if someone here has encountered this issue, after the last console update (the one that makes the boot up screen shorter) when I press and hold the xbox button on the controller to...
  6. What do I do about my xbox series x not turning on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do about my xbox series x not turning on?: I been playing my xbox series x all day today when I suddenly heard a popping noise (just one pop) and then the power went out for a second. I turned my TV back on then my xbox series x, but for...
  7. Xbox Series S turning off instantly (in a second) after being turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S turning off instantly (in a second) after being turned on: Hello everyone, I hadn't used my Xbox Series S in three to four days. Last Friday, when I turned it on, it turned off immediately (literally the next second). I pressed the power button three or...
  8. Turning on when putting Elite series 2 controller on charge.

in XboX Insiders
    Turning on when putting Elite series 2 controller on charge.: Just recently my Xbox One X has started switching on as soon as I put my series 2 Elite controller into the case to charge... strange...any ideas why?? submitted by /u/RussPollard [link]...
  9. Xbox Series X Won't turn on and Microsoft support website will not let me request a service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Won't turn on and Microsoft support website will not let me request a service: I have a two month old Xbox series X, which no longer turns on. It will chime when hitting the power button, but the power light goes off immediately and does not turn on. I have attempted all the...
  10. Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use.: I’ve had my elite series 2 for some time now and it has been working fine, no issues, I predominantly use it connected to the provided wire when gaming but recently my series 2 is forever blinking...