Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a strange issue with my Xbox Series X - I turned the console on only to be greeted with an "Applying Update" screen, running from about 76%... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TripperEuphoric, Sep 19, 2021.

1. TripperEuphoric
    TripperEuphoric New Member

I'm having a strange issue with my Xbox Series X - I turned the console on only to be greeted with an "Applying Update" screen, running from about 76% until around 95% before the console would turn off. Seemed normal, except the console never turned back on. After a while I tried turning the console on myself only to get the same exact screen and sequence again. I've performed several power cycles (not that I can even restart the thing, the screen goes out before I can do anything), left it unplugged but I'm just stuck in this loop. I've accessed the troubleshooting screen where I can perform a USB update or hard reset the console but before I can do anything, the Xbox still goes into rest mode within 10 seconds. I am able to move around the troubleshooting menu by plugging in the controller. However, when I select either option under "reset console", the Xbox reboots and brings me to the applying update screen again...then goes out and comes back again AGAIN with the applying update screen before finally shutting off. Nothing happens after this until I turn the Xbox on again. Also, I can only go up and down on the troubleshooting menu - I cannot even navigate to "offline update". This has been going on for several weeks.

TripperEuphoric, Sep 19, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there avanhandel welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. 1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass and turn it on afterwards.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. poor-peasant Win User

controller drift

drift is a known issue with PS5 and Xbox Series X

try rebooting your console and see if that corrects it

Xbox is aware and they are working on that and a bunch of other issues for the next console update
  5. Silverstride Win User

XBOX ONE X

Are you talking about the Xbox One X or the Xbox Series X?

If it's for the Xbox One X, I am not sure. However, there are a few articles on the google news page from two days ago. Just type 'Xbox Series X June Update.'
  6. JohnPaynter1 Win User

Downloading

I’m having a similar issue. It is in a constant loop of queued, installation stopped. The and it isnt even showing the images for the game.

Lots of space (50% on a One X) internet is connected and working. Reset router, checked for updates, reset the Xbox, reset internet connection etc
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue - Similar Threads - Series Update Looping

2. Does anyone know if the 4k ui update for the series x applies for the series s aswell?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know if the 4k ui update for the series x applies for the series s aswell?: I was wondering if the series s also gets an up scaled ui? submitted by /u/infamousnibber [link] [comments]
  3. Old delta update seemed to fix the issue turning off the Xbox series x, the new one seems...

in XboX Insiders
    Old delta update seemed to fix the issue turning off the Xbox series x, the new one seems...: Issue possibly submitted by /u/pillai98 [link] [comments]
  4. Is there a fix on the way for the Series X randomly shutting off after the recent update?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix on the way for the Series X randomly shutting off after the recent update?: Starting to get really annoying, it has happened three times today submitted by /u/AmbidextrousWaffle [link] [comments]
  5. HELP : xbox series x doesn't update

in XboX Insiders
    HELP : xbox series x doesn't update: Hi guys, i've a strange problem with my xbox series x. I go in system-update- last update and it appears a strange data: 01/01/1601 I try all the way to restore o reset console (also install...
  6. Series S - would you like to update the store?

in XboX Insiders
    Series S - would you like to update the store?: Every single time I go to the store on my Series S, even within 30 seconds or whatever, I get the "would you like to update?" pop up. Tried to search for it but didn't see anything. Anyone else...
  7. Does anyone know when the controller update for the elite series 2 on the Beta ring will be...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when the controller update for the elite series 2 on the Beta ring will be...: I think I seen a post saying that the update had came out on the Beta ring but I'm not 100% sure. submitted by /u/MJR_XCI [link] [comments]
  8. No firmware update available for Elite series 2 controller?

in XboX Insiders
    No firmware update available for Elite series 2 controller?: I'm in the beta flight ring for xbox insiders and the latest beta release notes say that the new firmware update ( DLI technology for Elite series 2 controllers ) is "available today". My console...
  9. 4 gig xbox series S update looping

in XboX Insiders
    4 gig xbox series S update looping: On delta, it downloads, installs, then on reboot same prompt comes up 4 gig update, again and again. Whilst this is going on is no way to get to dashboard. submitted by /u/needchr [link]...
  10. Xbox updates on Xbox Series X are leading to constant loop issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox updates on Xbox Series X are leading to constant loop issues: It has been a week since Xbox has been rolling out small 500 mb updates, and these updates have led to a constant looping error where it wants to update again after the first restart. Now before...