Xbox Series X Upload Speed Problems

Discus and support Xbox Series X Upload Speed Problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a Series X a couple of weeks ago and have been plagued by very low and fluctuating upload speeds. 2.09Mbps is the highest it's achieved with it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisMalone4, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:22 AM.

1. ChrisMalone4
    ChrisMalone4 Guest

Got a Series X a couple of weeks ago and have been plagued by very low and fluctuating upload speeds. 2.09Mbps is the highest it's achieved with it dropping to 0.8 fairly often and even down to 0.05!

I'm on 75/20 speed and every other device in the house receive close to this except for the Xbox. I have tried Ethernet, 2.4 and 5 Wi-Fi with similar results. Cables are Cat 5e (which is apparently fine for this speed?) and have been replaced.

Have rebooted/restarted the modem and the router and the Xbox, have done all the normal troubleshooting several times over. Put the Xbox in DMZ with upnp disabled, have cleared the alternate mac address and tried different DNS. Forwarded the correct ports
    and even tried the power saving mode trick for the console. I'm sure to have forgotten several other options I've tried.

I have reset everything back to original settings and had a lot of calls and online chats to my ISP (Aussie Broadband) who are known to be good for Australian gamers and do not throttle speeds, yet speed tests consistently show low upload speed only on the
    Xbox but fine via laptop and PC.

Occasionally it will rise to ~17Mbps upload but that's pretty rare and lasts perhaps minutes. I have seen other older posts similar to mine but with either no resolution, or anything that works for me.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help at all. Thank you in advance!

1% packet loss even though wired

:)

ChrisMalone4, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:22 AM
  2. NedMorris Win User

Slow download speeds

I downloaded 79Gb COD WZ in less than 30 minutes. This may be your ISP issue?
    As I said, it works fine on my xbox one x, my series x is reporting my d/l and upload speeds incorrectly by a factor of 10.
  3. WarriorRSA Win User

Slow Upload speed (Xbox one X)

Hi.

Thanks for your responds. The problem is the upload. When i try to stream from my xbox x to mixer the quality is not good. Looked into speeds and found my upload is not what its supposed to be. Max upload speed im getting is 25mb to microsoft servers . When
    i use speedtest.net change the servers from local to international (London) the results are 95/90mb. Very good results. My question is why is the upload so slow to microsoft servers . Is there a way to improve this.

Thanks
  4. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

My xbox one x isn't getting the upload speed it should.

i did multiple speed test on pc thats wired they a running at least 20mbps upload on xbox one x 7 ****
  5. kgin20 Win User

Will next gen games work on all Xbox one platforms?

So future games like Need for speed 2021 will be available for xbox one but further in the future when it comes out for series x
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Upload Speed Problems - Similar Threads - Series Upload Speed

2. problems uploading screenshots on series X to xbox live .

in XBoX Accessibility
    problems uploading screenshots on series X to xbox live .: Does anybody else have problems with the process of uploading/ sharing screenshots to xbox live , my series x will be fine one hour it shows the correct number of screenshots I've taken like 116...
  3. weird youtube resolution issue on series s. all content thats not uploaded in 4K just...

in XboX Insiders
    weird youtube resolution issue on series s. all content thats not uploaded in 4K just...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Max420xHAZE [link] [comments]
  4. screenshots not uploading to xbox live on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    screenshots not uploading to xbox live on Series X: I am not able to upload my screenshots to Xbox Live and haven't been able to for days now , I also see screenshots I deleted weeks ago still showing on Xbox Live and my console after I deleted...
  5. Series X share and uploading is broken! Can't access any of my captures on Xbox Live or the...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X share and uploading is broken! Can't access any of my captures on Xbox Live or the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Isunova [link] [comments]
  6. [Omega] Captures on Series X now uploading extremely slowly. Before they'd take like 5-10...

in XboX Insiders
    [Omega] Captures on Series X now uploading extremely slowly. Before they'd take like 5-10...: Not sure if it's an issue with the servers, but I've noticed for the last 2-3 days that photo captures on the Series X now upload extremely slowly. Before it would take 5-10 seconds, now it takes...
  7. Series X Slow Upload

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Slow Upload: As the subject suggests, everything else looks good. Open NAT high download but the upload is registering at 3-4mbs Hardwire connected with a gig up and down from fios. Anyone else running...
  8. Xbox Series X Upload speed significantly lower than my Internet's capabilities

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Upload speed significantly lower than my Internet's capabilities: Hi, So I own an Xbox Series X and my wife owns an Xbox One X. We have 40 upload for our Internet but we are both only getting an 8 upload on our Xbox Systems. I have tried changing the DNS...
  9. Series X - Can't rewind or fast-forward 4K HDR clips. Also can't cut/upload them. Insider...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - Can't rewind or fast-forward 4K HDR clips. Also can't cut/upload them. Insider...: Since day one it seems 4K HDR clips are a bit broken. And this is REALLY frustrating, mainly because it's a new console with improved graphics that we want to save/share and also because, for some...
  10. Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?): Couldn't get any help via phone or live chat, so last resort is this forum. I am based in the UK, ISP is BT with an average download speed of around 65-75 Mbps, upload of around 17 Mbps. Using a...