Xbox Series X: VRR and Dolby Vision issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X: VRR and Dolby Vision issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I report a problem in simultaneous use of VRR and Dolby Vision: Black Screen and flicker ruining the experience of use. With HDR10 everything ok.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Doc-Octopus71, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X: VRR and Dolby Vision issue

Hi, I report a problem in simultaneous use of VRR and Dolby Vision: Black Screen and flicker ruining the experience of use. With HDR10 everything ok. My Setup: Xbox Series X and Panasonic 65JZ2000

submitted by /u/Doc-Octopus71
    [link] [comments]

/u/Doc-Octopus71, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

I got a response from Customer Service: no support for Dolby Vision on Blu-ray app on Xbox One X at the moment (not even on Xbox Series X).

They said they are working on that, since a lot of people made complaints about this issue. I hope it's true, it's ridiculous to not support Dolby Vision nowadays on a device that has been promoted as a valid Blu-ray player.
  3. Eric Palmer2000 Win User

Dolby Vision for UHD Movies

I also would like to know when Dolby Vision will be enabled on Xbox Blu-ray app. If not for xbox one I hope for xbox series X possibly?
  4. Helloimbob Win User

Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos sound delay

Hi,

unfortunately the series x doesnt have an optical audio out port so that is not an option - and that also doesnt solve the issue which is specific to dolby atmos.

So according to the manual for the panasonic soundbar i need to run two hdmi cables from the xbox - one to the tv for dolby vision/ALLM and then a second one to the soundbar for the sound

Obviously theres only one HDMI out socket on the series x so i assume this is not possible?
  5. SorrowSeer Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Vision games support late 2019

6. Notorious RAU Win User

Dolby Vision on my TV

Xbox has updated to a "low latency" version of dolby vision causing issues with most TV's. I have the same issue with my 2018 Vizio P Series.

Once Xbox/MSFT does another update for the Dolby Vision they currently have in use it should support more TV's. There is not garuntee that all TV's will be compatible with 4k Dolby Vision.

I'm extremely annoyed by this too as my new TV is not being used to its full potential.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...-microsoft-vizio-and-lg-respond/#230928544539
Thema:

Xbox Series X: VRR and Dolby Vision issue

1. Xbox Series X: VRR and Dolby Vision issue - Similar Threads - Series VRR Dolby

2. Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?: Hi. I want to buy a gaming monitor, specifically an MSI Optix G271(https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G271). Will I be able with this monitor to play at 1080p 120fps with VRR enabled on my Series...
  3. Xbox series x vrr option unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x vrr option unavailable: Xbox Series X with ViewSonic xg 2401 . free sync option greyed out in osd and vrr option in Xbox unavailable. Can I use hdmi to dp cable and get it. Please help. One more thing I'm getting...
  4. Xbox series x vrr option unavailable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x vrr option unavailable: I have my Xbox series x connected to ViewSonic xg 2401 over hdmi which support free sync but vrr option in Xbox is not available or cannot be selected. Same for my monitors osd menu I cannot...
  5. Sony X900h + Xbox Series X = Can't enable VRR or Low-Latency Mode - HELP

in XboX Insiders
    Sony X900h + Xbox Series X = Can't enable VRR or Low-Latency Mode - HELP: I've confirmed my Xbox is plugged into HDMi port 4 on the Sony X900h, with a brand new HDMI cable that supports 8k. I just got a software update on the Sony a short while ago, and it says there's...
  6. Does the new Xbox Series X need VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Does the new Xbox Series X need VRR: So I’m looking at a new tv and it has to be 50in or 43 to fit in the space I have. Problem is most TVs this size don’t have 2.1 or VRR. Does having a tv with free sync matter. Would I even be able...
  7. Problem with VRR or 120Hz on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with VRR or 120Hz on Series X: Hi guys , i have a Samsung Q80T and i v noticed something. When i enable 120 HZ or VRR or both of them from console settings my picture quality(HDR) is bad and the image is so dark and the local...
  8. Graphical issue popups when playing Xbox Series X 4k/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Graphical issue popups when playing Xbox Series X 4k/120 HDR VRR: I am getting random graphical issues/popups while playing on Xbox Series X in 4k/120fps HDR VRR mode. These issues occur randomly and seemingly more and more frequently. They pop up for a brief...
  9. Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR: [IMG] submitted by /u/webdoggy [link] [comments]
  10. Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR: [IMG] submitted by /u/webdoggy [link] [comments]