Xbox series X warranty service repair question

Discus and support Xbox series X warranty service repair question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've discovered that the disc drive on my xbox series x (purchased from online bundle from gamestop) does not function correctly. The disc gets stuck... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J904, Feb 21, 2021.

1. J904
    J904 Guest

I've discovered that the disc drive on my xbox series x (purchased from online bundle from gamestop) does not function correctly. The disc gets stuck halfway when being pulled in, as if any disc cannot even fit in the slot (or something is wrong with the disc drive itself) and it makes whirring and clicking noises.

Microsoft.com shows that my console is still under a manufacturers warranty and i was going to fill out a service repair request and ship it in for repair (or replacement), but i wanted to ask if i should be concerned about my profile/my games/my online payment information being on the console when i send it in for repair. The last time i sent a console in for repair or replacement was over a decade ago when i had RROD with a 360 so i can't remember whether or not you need to worry about your profile/online payment information/etc being on your console when you send it to Microsoft for service.

Although i would like to think any customer should not need to worry about their profile/information on an xbox they have sent in for repair, this question seems more important regarding the issue on the xbox warranty service request form which mentions that in the event your console cannot be repaired they will send you a replacement instead, in the event your console will remain with microsoft and you are shipped a replacement is there any assurance that your profile/information of your old console will be wiped/not able to be tampered with?

I had hoped to find an official Microsoft customer support email address to which i could ask this question but i couldn't find one and microsoft.com says that customer support by both phone/online chat is not available for hardware problems/questions like this...

:)

2. PlushRelic54582 Win User

Xbox series x

Hello, As Your Xbox Series X won’t turn on, there’s probably an issue with the internal power supply. i would recommend returning it and asking for them to exchange it for a new console or
    you have the option to send it for repair but sending it for repair wont be cheap. but your console should still be under warranty so it should be free.

if your sending it for repair use this link-Xbox repair request
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox one leaking

4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Why is this console [REMOVED]

Hi, contact support again please, the E64 error indicates a repair is required. If you only had the console back from repair for two weeks and this happens I would imagine it would be a free repair as all official repairs carry a 90 day warranty.

-

What is my warranty after my console is serviced?

We provide a post-service warranty for serviced consoles. The length of the warranty depends on whether the service was in-warranty or out-of-warranty as follows:

•In-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console was serviced within the original warranty period (free repair), you receive either the balance of your original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer.

•Out-of-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console was serviced out of the original warranty period (paid repair), your serviced console will have a 90-day warranty.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series x service repair

You need to call FedEx and don’t let them off the hook

You also neeed to contact amicrosoft customer service. Once a window closes, they will be able to file a claim with FedEx and send you a new one
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox series x service repair

Thema:

1. Xbox series X warranty service repair question - Similar Threads - series warranty service

2. Australian Series X Owners Seeking Warranty Console Replacement Beware!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Australian Series X Owners Seeking Warranty Console Replacement Beware!: TL;DR - Heads up to anyone trying to get a warranty replacement on their Series X console: Microsoft will potentially ship you a refurbished and cosmetically damaged item as a replacement without...
  3. Xbox Series X Start of Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Start of Warranty: Hello. I bought an Xbox Series X on Microsoft.com for my son's birthday which is in June. I bought the console in January. Does the warranty start on the purchase date or is it like Apple products...
  4. Xbox serie X Complete Warranty not available

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox serie X Complete Warranty not available: Hi everyone, I wanted to buy the complete Warranty on my xbox serie X but it says in the microsoft store on the xbox that this item is out of stock. I bought the xbox 3 weeks ago and really want...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Replacement Help/Advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Replacement Help/Advice?: I initiated a controller replacement on January 5 for an Elite Series 2 that was a gift for someone. He told me he had the right bumper issue, and as it wore on he ended up with stick drift....
  6. Warranty denied Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty denied Xbox series x: I recently bought an xbox series x right from the microsoft store. After recieving it and setting it up the console immediately began freezing when loading up games and eventually would just crash...
  7. Is the HDMI port for the xbox series x covered on the standard warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the HDMI port for the xbox series x covered on the standard warranty?: I unplugged my HDMI lead when moving home and then tried to plug back in when I set back up but the port seems damaged and wont work..... surely this ant happen so early after purchasing the x box...
  8. Xbox Series X - Warranty starts before item is delivered

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Warranty starts before item is delivered: Hi, I have ordered an Xbox-X console from Microsoft store. My order is still in transit (for almost a week now). I was checking my account & noticed that the console (still undelivered) is listed...
  9. Series X Extended warranty through Cust Service help.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Series X Extended warranty through Cust Service help.: Basically I have been trying to buy an extended warranty through MS complete. I bought my Series X from Gamestop. I have registered my device through the Microsoft website. However every time I...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Warranty - Terrible Service from Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Warranty - Terrible Service from Microsoft: I purchased an Elite Controller Series 2 in March. I also opted for the 3 year warranty. I live right down the street from a MS store, so the ability to quickly swap it out was ideal. But now...